Fleurs d'Oranger (1995)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Fleurs d'Oranger

Fleurs d'Oranger is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 1995 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Reviews of Fleurs d'Oranger

This one is not for me, but I cannot give it a thumbs down because it is the perfume that taught me what an "indole" is. I love orange blossom, but it needs an anchor, and here it is moored for longevity by a sickly, spicy rot.

There is a flower called Meadowsweet, that looks like a little creamy-white stick of candy floss, and it emits a heady scent in the meadows in June. Go closer to sniff it properly, however, and a sweet stench of death will mock your innocent interest.

I find the smell of sweat quite pleasing, but Fleurs d'Oranger goes further than a sexy oxter, giving me instead the fever-sweat and breath of the victim of a contagious illness, concealed by all the flowers brought by deathbed visitors.
13th August, 2018
Bright, fresh juicy orange and orange peel. The jasmine is either brief or it is that well incorporated here. It has loud, prominent tuberose, which seems to be the star. The rose and hibiscus, when they show themselves, balance, compliment each other. Mild white flowers here, too - I smell gardenia. Light patchouli on the skin later on.
05th August, 2018
Tested it back recently. This juice is all about spicy orange blossoms, hesperides and tuberose (a scent which I hardly crave for). Spiciness (mostly dissonant warm cumin and mild piquancy) is evident providing a sort of carnal sultry floral vibe all around. Dry down is drier and floral in a more complex way (kind of soapy and rosey, than with a sophisticated spark of chic floral twist). Sexy.
02nd June, 2018
Little girl in blue BY Amedeo Modigliani 1918
06th February, 2018
I've liked everything I have tried from Serge Lutens, and FdO is another likeable fragrance in this line. Typically I find white floral scents to be too reminiscent of bath products or women's shampoo and FdO does ring that bell, but it's not intolerable in any way.

I don't get a sweaty blast of cumin as some reviews mention, but the opening 30 minutes are a medicinal like citrus and spice. It actually fits in to work with the rest of the fragrance evolution fairly well as the remainder of the scent is a jasmine, orange blossom and rose concoction that quickly conjured a luxury hotel spa or woman's bathroom. The jasmine seems to dominate the fragrance and it has a soapy clean aspect to it.

As with most unisex scents, the white floral and lack of wood notes make this one lean very feminine to my nose. I might like this as a bath fragrance for my wife, but it's too soft and flowery for me to want to wear out any time.

I'll give it a solid neutral rating.
31st May, 2017
I am a Tubereuse Criminelle addict. In the past 4 years, I have gone through 3 bottles of it. Ever since Uncle Serge pulled TC from the exports line, I have been saving my last bottle, taking it out of the box only to admire the dark-colored juice and only occasionally sniffing it, lest I run out before I could get to Paris. TC made me think that I liked tuberose, but alas 99% of tuberose frags are unwearable to me. I do not care for vampy, sticky sweet bubble-gum tuberose (giving you the side-eye, Fracas). I adored the dark side of tuberose, that cold, calculating diva, who lures you with her narcotic-floral scent, but smells like medicine, rotting chicken, and burnt tyres if you get too close to her. For over a year, I tried a many tuberose fragrances before giving up completely on finding a worthy Tuberose to fill TC's thigh-high stiletto boots. "I guess I'll just have to save up to go to Paris," I told myself. I bought a bottle of A La Nuit to cure myself of my TC addiction. If I were to develop an addiction, I thought, it might as well be something that is easily accessible.

Enter: Fleurs d'Oranger. For whatever reason, I busted out my baggie of perfume samples last week. I smeared a bit of Fleurs d'Oranger on my wrist and decided that, despite the fairly strong dose of cumin, Fleurs d'Oranger was pleasant enough to be full bottle-worthy. Plus, it reminded me of early morning walks I used to take when I lived in my favorite city in the whole world. There is a house in my neighborhood with orange trees in its side yard, and the smell of orange blossoms hits you like a ton of bricks when you walk past that house in springtime. Expecting a fairly standard Serge Lutens Treatment of a classical flower, imagine my surprise when I sprayed Fleurs d'Oranger, and I smelled...Tubereuse Criminelle! In fact, FdO smelled to me like TC who had gone and rolled around in a bed of ground cumin seeds instead of ground cloves. The icy methylated aspect of TC that I found so highly addictive is present in FdO as well. Though not an exact substitute, it seems that I have found *a* substitute, the methadone, if you will excuse the analogy, for my TC addiction.
12th April, 2017

Add your review of Fleurs d'Oranger

Shop for Fleurs d'Oranger products online

serge luthas Fleurs d'Oranger Eau De Parfum 1ml/.03oz. Each Lot of 2 New In Box

Serge Lutens Fleurs d’oranger Spray Fragrance SAMPLE in a box

End Date: Thursday Oct-18-2018 12:04:54 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $5.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

FLEURS D' ORANGER EDP SPRAY 3.4oz/100ml SERGE LUTENS NEW NOIRE COLLECTION TESTER

End Date: Friday Oct-19-2018 8:46:56 PDT

Fleurs D'Oranger by Serge Lutens 50 ml/ 1.6 oz Eau de Parfum Splash/Spray NIB

End Date: Thursday Oct-25-2018 12:59:27 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $85.99

Member images of Fleurs d'Oranger

There are no member images of Fleurs d'Oranger yet. Why not be the first?