Gap Blue No. 655 Him (1997)
by Gap

Gap Blue No. 655 Him information

Year of Launch1997
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseGap
Parent CompanyInter Parfums
Parent Company at launchGap Bath and Body Division > Gap > Gap Bath and Body Division > Gap > Gap Bath and Body Division > Gap > Gap Bath and Body Division > Gap > Gap Bath and Body Division > Gap > Gap Bath and Body Division

About Gap Blue No. 655 Him

Gap Blue No. 655 Him is a masculine fragrance by Gap. The scent was launched in 1997

Gap Blue No. 655 Him fragrance notes

Reviews of Gap Blue No. 655 Him

A scent of lovely green spring fields opens it up, combined with orange ice cream notes. Herbal impressions develop in the drydown, touches of basil and woodsy notes. The wood becomes stronger in the base, and I get sea-salty vibe without any ozonic or aquatic component on my skin.

To me this is one of the better Gap scents and not without an interesting touch in spite of its simplicity. With moderate sillage, good projection and five hours of longevity on me, this is quite all right. 3/5
01st April, 2015
dreese Show all reviews
If you take Polo Blue and remove that overwhelming cucumber, you will get this. Frankly, this is superior to Polo Blue; it is a pure, wind-bown aquatic that is very well balanced throughout.
13th February, 2013
Interesting mix of greasy woods and grounded herbs to make an aquatic scent to smell like dirt and ozone.
03rd January, 2012
Oh man, I loved this one back in middle school (same with Cologneist). It's a simple, fresh and clean lime/musk kinda fragrance. I recently found a bottle for $10 and it was a blast from the past.
04th April, 2011
Gap Blue 655 has a lot of nostalgia for me. It was one of the first fragrances I ever had, and went through so quickly. I remember getting this in middle school.. a small bottle as a gift. I ended up saving up and getting my parents to take me to the mall for a bigger bottle, and I used it up over the next few months. I thought it was discontinued years ago, couldn't find it anywhere, until recently it looks like it may have made a small comeback, or some overstock of it has been showing up online. Needless to say, I purchased another half oz bottle, and although, it's probably one of the simplest citrus fragrances in my collection, I still breezed through it in about a month. Then I thought to myself, nah, not buying it anymore, too simple for my tastes now. Well, temptation broke me, and I ended up getting a sweet deal on another 2 oz bottle.. I am using it sparingly, and it will likely be my last.

So now, personal stories aside, onto the fragrance itself. Yes it smells synthetic, yes it's simple, yes it's weak, yes it lacks a lot. But so do the majority of mall brand fragrances. Ya know, American Eagle brand fragrances.. Hollister, Abercrombie, Banana Republic, Gap etc. These fragrances cater to the every day guy who is just looking for something with the brand name on it, that smells pleasing. So just because it doesn't blow your mind, is no reason to give it a bad review.

Gap No 655 is a good fragrance. It opens up with a candied lime/mandarin orange, and an overall green watery feel, but not aquatic. A little bit of basil, and a little bit of spice, into a typical faded musky, citric base. There may be some woods in there too, maybe even a little patchouli. Overall though, it pretty much just smells like one note. Imagine citrus and musk together, but not the dirty animalic musk, more like the clean, white musk. Longevity is poor, no more than 3 or 4 hours tops. Projection is ok for the first 30 minutes, but after that, you're looking at a skin scent. Does better on clothing.

The .5 bottle, which I've had 2 of now seem to be faulty. The sprayer doesn't work all too well, and it's hard to get the last 10% of the juice out of the bottle. Opt for the 2 oz cube if you can. The sprayer works much better, plus it's nice to have in the collection. The cap is a triangle that goes on at an angle. If you can find a bottle for under 20 bucks, it's worth it for a safe scent. sometimes I don't want all the longevity, just something light and pleasant.. this and a few others fit that bill for me.

23rd March, 2010 (last edited: 09th February, 2015)
Absolutely love this. It is meant for a young (college age and below unless you are really young at heart) man who has confidence galore. Every male that has sample dthis that I know definately loe the clean, fresh, and BLUE. This was definately Blue before Polo Blue knew what 'blue' is. Highly recommended if you fit the above description.
03rd May, 2007

Add your review of Gap Blue No. 655 Him

Shop for Gap Blue No. 655 Him products online

Search Amazon for Gap Blue No. 655 Him

Member images of Gap Blue No. 655 Him

There are no member images of Gap Blue No. 655 Him yet. Why not be the first?