Gendarme V (2000)
    by Gendarme

Gendarme V Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Gendarme V

Showing 1 to 6 of 17 reviews.

Orpheus99's avatar
    Orpheus99

Smells like clean soap. Fresh. Light. Too light. Not bad, but not good. Soap is cheaper.

04 August, 2011

Bigsly's avatar
    Bigsly

I just don't like these notes, except for the civet, which is done well here. I'll give it a neutral because I can't think of anything "wrong" with it, but it's definitely not the kind of fragrance I enjoy these days. I find the anise to be strong and not pleasant here, but I do like Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, so that leads me to believe that it's just the combination here that doesn't work for me, rather than the fragrance being "bad" in any way.

18 January, 2011

Larimar's avatar
    Larimar
    Austria Austria

To me this was all about biting into a green apple. Ultimately, this is not the kind of enjoyment I seek when wearing a fragrance. Civet in the note list of this? HA HA!! Quite a joke. This is all about smelling clean (and undaring) and therefore, for the ones who can't have a third or fourth shower during the day due to time constraints...

27 July, 2010

Redbeard's avatar
    Redbeard

The opening of V is rather remarkable for its fizz and effervescence. Gradually, it becomes evident that this is merely a prelude to a rather dusty rose, or whatever heavy florals one finds in the genre of Ungaro III, Van Cleef and Arpels, or Czech and Speake #88. Masculine rose scents never really do anything for me personally, so I would never buy this stuff. Still, if a fan of those brands wanted a slightly more summery analog for his collection, then Gendarme V might be a good place to start the search.

13 June, 2010

Tony T's avatar
    Tony T

lemon and lemonbalm but not a lemony scent. i smell some lime and that's about it. i got a used bottle of ebay so it won't get a thumbs down.

09 September, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Doesn't Gendarme do anything else besides soapy, clean scents. This one has a weird floral note (carnation?) in it. A little better than the original.

06 September, 2008