Gin & Tonic (1997)

Year of Launch1997

HouseDemeter Fragrance Library
Parent CompanyFreedom Marketing Group

About Gin & Tonic

Gin & Tonic is a shared / unisex perfume by Demeter Fragrance Library. The scent was launched in 1997

Reviews of Gin & Tonic

Swanky Show all reviews
The maligned Demeter line is like a Cliff's Notes version of niche fragrances: the presentation (bottle and label) is uniform; the price is the same for all fragrances (per size); they are not available everywhere; and they have esoteric contents such as "Dirt", "Snow" and "Mesquite." Relatively speaking they smell like the element they purport to mimic. Finally, they are quite inexpensive which makes them a good primer route to non-designer aromas.

That said, they are not masterpieces and the quality is quite variable. Gin & Tonic is among those I enjoy the most, along with Humidor and Whiskey Tobacco. Longevity is not stellar but not as fleeting as some have experienced (I get about 5 hours at least from the better offerings in the line). The juniper in this one is not unlike that in, say, Guerlain Homme; I paid $2.99 for a 1 oz bottle on clearance so I can't complain about the financial investment. Demeter presents a low-cost, low-risk opportunity to get outside the aquatic/sweet designer box.
29th July, 2011 (last edited: 13th July, 2012)
Gin and tonic smells startlingly like the real thing complete with the fizz from the tonic. And it gives a sillage that smells like a refreshing citrus / conifer cologne: Great scent – Poor longevity.
22nd August, 2008
Not wearable, but a faithful representation.
14th June, 2008
I found this fragrance charming. The overall attitude of Demeter is playful enough to discourage me from taking it as seriously as I would other brands that sell one note fragrances. I use this scent exclusively in the summer, it is crisp, cheerful and has a little bite to it.
02nd May, 2007
I don’t know whether I should review the fragrance or the drink. Personally, I loathe Tonic water; I would rather drink 87 octane off the ground of a gas station. The high alcohol content in this fragrance makes the lemony tonic water accord come off even harsher than it should. Not my cup of tea.
29th September, 2005

Add your review of Gin & Tonic

Shop for Gin & Tonic products online

Shop for Gin & Tonic at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Gin & Tonic

Member images of Gin & Tonic

There are no member images of Gin & Tonic yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Gin & Tonic