• Launched: 1997
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 28 ratings

Gin & Tonic information

Gin & Tonic is a unisex fragrance by Demeter Fragrance Library. The scent was launched in 1997

Reviews of Gin & Tonic

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.

Swanky's avatar

The maligned Demeter line is like a Cliff's Notes version of niche fragrances: the presentation (bottle and label) is uniform; the price is the same for all fragrances (per size); they are not available everywhere; and they have esoteric contents such as "Dirt", "Snow" and "Mesquite." Relatively speaking they smell like the element they purport to mimic. Finally, they are quite inexpensive which makes them a good primer route to non-designer aromas.

That said, they are not masterpieces and the quality is quite variable. Gin & Tonic is among those I enjoy the most, along with Humidor and Whiskey Tobacco. Longevity is not stellar but not as fleeting as some have experienced (I get about 5 hours at least from the better offerings in the line). The juniper in this one is not unlike that in, say, Guerlain Homme; I paid $2.99 for a 1 oz bottle on clearance so I can't complain about the financial investment. Demeter presents a low-cost, low-risk opportunity to get outside the aquatic/sweet designer box.

29th July, 2011 (Last Edited: 13th July, 2012)

Gin and tonic smells startlingly like the real thing complete with the fizz from the tonic. And it gives a sillage that smells like a refreshing citrus / conifer cologne: Great scent – Poor longevity.

22nd August, 2008

scentsitivity's avatar

Not wearable, but a faithful representation.

14th June, 2008

julianna's avatar

I found this fragrance charming. The overall attitude of Demeter is playful enough to discourage me from taking it as seriously as I would other brands that sell one note fragrances. I use this scent exclusively in the summer, it is crisp, cheerful and has a little bite to it.

02nd May, 2007

IPaidForThisName's avatar

I don’t know whether I should review the fragrance or the drink. Personally, I loathe Tonic water; I would rather drink 87 octane off the ground of a gas station. The high alcohol content in this fragrance makes the lemony tonic water accord come off even harsher than it should. Not my cup of tea.

29th September, 2005