Gingerale (1997)

Year of Launch1997

HouseDemeter Fragrance Library
Parent CompanyFreedom Marketing Group

About Gingerale

Gingerale is a shared / unisex perfume by Demeter Fragrance Library. The scent was launched in 1997

Reviews of Gingerale

Smells like a blend of ginger-ale and a lip gloss I owned ages ago, that smelled and tasted like 7-Up. Not all that sparkly. More of a waxy scent, to me.

Becomes a bit more spicy, more "liquid" in time. There seems a slight burning wood thing, closer to the skin.
Ends with just a wood smell, almost like sandalwood.

Not bad, as far as Demeter scents go...
21st September, 2019
rbaker Show all reviews
This is a pleasant opening that has some features of ginger ale: the ginger ale aroma, the lighter, modern version but a bit sweeter that Canada’s Dry or Schweppes initially.

After a while the fizz gets stronger and towards the end is so dominant that it is a bit too intensive, overwhelming the actual ginger ale impression.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

Agreeable initially, then a bit too synthetic and overly fizzy. 2.75/5.
05th December, 2017
This is a very spot on one!
15th April, 2017
Gingerale captures the brightness and fizz of a newly opened bottle of ginger ale. The dry down is warm, glowing. I didn't get any mustiness. Very mood elevating. This is one of my current favorites, which I never expected of a Demeter.
11th February, 2013
cjkamm Show all reviews
My husband and I both love this ginger ale scent. It is one scent that I believe is truely unisex. I'm not quite sure if it reminds me of a true ginger ale. It has a fresh bubbly quality but something about it has a very distinguished old fashioned scent too. Anyway when ever we come across it we buy a bottle since ginger ale always seems to be the one sold out.
15th July, 2009
Unquestionably one of Demeter's very best. Unlike the rest of my fragrances, I keep my Demeter collection in the toilet. I love it when visitors emerge exclaiming that they've been transported by the smell of Thunderstorm or laughing that they've covered the smell of flatulence by turning my WC into a Funeral Parlour. But Gingerale is one of the few Demeter scents that's allowed a place in my fragrance 'wardrobe'.

It's undoubtedly a faithful recreation of one of my favourite mixers but it's also completely wearable. It fizzes off your skin and into your nose; it's sweet and dry in all the right places; it zings with citrus and then settles into a wonderful spicy dryness. Mmmm.

And like a naughty friend, it actively encourages me to drink whisky.
16th November, 2008

Add your review of Gingerale

Member images of Gingerale

There are no member images of Gingerale yet. Why not be the first?