Giorgio for Men (1984)

SupplierPFW Paris
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchGiorgio Beverly Hills

About Giorgio for Men

Was discontinued for several years but relaunched by new GBH owners, Elizabeth Arden.

Giorgio for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Giorgio for Men

Givenchy Gentleman's brash young stepbrother who moved and fit into the U.S. jet setters scene.When this came out everyone in my peer group, climbed aboard Virgin's 747-200. I stayed lost in the Concorde years.
My latest taste of this confirms it will always be one of the greats!!
07th February, 2016
I'm addicted to Giorgio. I had a bottle years ago and gave it away, feeling I had enough patchouli scents (as if). On impulse I bought another for $15 and I keep gravitating toward it instead of my bottles that cost 8 times as much. It's a fresh, sweet honey rose patchouli that lasts a good while and dries down to a soapy, leathery musk. The treacly, medicinal combination of honey and patchouli with an inedible swampiness reminds me of what used to draw me to Angel. The absence of oakmoss in newer bottles doesn't bother me, as this makes the drydown less dated and powdery. On top of that, I love the yellow and white striped Giorgio 80s *persona*, and there are multiple bottles of GBH on Xander Berkeley's sink in Todd Haynes's SAFE, my favorite film. I get panics about Elizabeth Arden discontinuing this even though there are enough bottles of it in circulation to perfume the entire country for decades. It's like, what if I'm suddenly plunged into poverty and can only spend $20 a year on fragrance? I'd definitely choose Giorgio.
02nd October, 2015
A patchouli bomb with honey a bit urinous a bit animalic a bit outdated with a monster sillage and longevity.

Be careful with this one. It could intoxicate all people around you! One spray is far enough. I have stopped using it.

An old fashion beast certainly not for young people.

15th August, 2015
Oviatt Show all reviews
I was given a bottle of this back in its heyday and I was simply too young for this amazingly rich and mature scent. This--like the woman's Giorgio had "excess" written all over it. That said, in moderation, it is a beautiful ambery, spicy and very sweet scent. The only time I ever felt comfortable wearing it was once when I went to a costume party as a Maharajah. It was just the thing to wear with a turban.......
11th August, 2015
Smells like a box of rotten oranges.
08th August, 2015
Giorgio for Men BH may well be brazen, unregenerate schlock, which I confess I love without reservation. Wearing too much of this certainly will result in you being greeted by others as a long lost (illegitimate) son. And its air-raid siren decibel level only increases in warm weather. Nevertheless, for some reason I decided to wear it to an informal early Summer garden party at a country estate in Virginia this past weekend. All I did was spray once on each hem of my jeans. Normally even two sprays would be constitute heavy ordnance of Giorgio, but the outdoor setting, the distance afforded by this oddly remote application, and lack of contact with body heat made Giorgio just the thing -- improbably breezy and slightly transparent but clearly present for hours. For what it is worth, I recommend this as a great way to have this old warhorse up and running like a colt. No mosquito bites on my ankles either.
01st June, 2015