Good Life (1998)

PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchBenckiser > Coty Inc > Lancaster Group

About Good Life

The note of Fig Leaf runs throughout the top, middle and basenotes of this fragrance.
In some countries Goodlife was discontinued less than a year after its launch, though it remains popular in others.

Reviews of Good Life

This was MY scent through the late nineties and early 2000's. Man alive I never thought they'd discontinue this awesome selling and awesome smelling EDT.

Always got compliments on this, I wore it year-round, it was never overpowering or obnoxious, and I've barely got a few weeks left....

Too bad it takes a car payment to buy a new bottle....

Bring this classic back!
27th January, 2019
rbaker Show all reviews
After the owning phase with its berry and lavender mix, the fig arises, constituted of fig leaves and a fruit in unison. Not really very sweet and not unpleasant.

In the heart notes the violet is evident, a violet that is quite smooth, and in the base accompanied by soft woodsy impressions. Whiffs of clove-like aromas take turns with a gently resinous undertone, but the fig note remains present interwoven into the whole mix.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

A smooth spring scent for cooler days, its main drawback is its synthetic nature, as well as the generic character of some of its constituents. 2.75/5.
16th April, 2018
Stardate 20161024:

A cool water wannabe. I don't see the fuss here. One of the few cases where the decision to discontinue has been a wise one.
Buy cool water and be glad.
25th October, 2016
It was a total brain meltdown that led me to selling my bottle of The Good Life. One of the few mistakes that I have made as far as selling/trading scents. I was in a different frame of mind as far as what I was looking for in a scent. Now that I am older I do appreciate the scent more. The opening is a standard citrus open with a slight twist to my nose of the grapefruit and fig. The fig flows throughout and I get a hint of vetiver but I do not see it listed but I do smell it... or at least think I do lol. If you have a bottle hold on to it... if the price EVER comes down I will get it again. Enjoy!
31st May, 2016 (last edited: 17th August, 2016)
drseid Show all reviews
Good Life for Men opens with relatively sweet green fig leaf coupling with an aromatic bergamot and lavender co-starring tandem. As the composition moves to its early heart the green fig leaf and aromatic lavender remain now as co-stars adding slightly tart grapefruit to the mix with additional subtle melon support. During the late dry-down the composition eschews most of its sweetness turning distinctly ambery with supporting green oakmoss and dry woods through the finish. Projection is very good and longevity good at about 8-10 hours on skin.

Ever since Good Life for Men was discontinued I have read many praising the composition, and demand must be there as prices have steadily increased. Just like many other discontinued compositions, however, the legend is often larger than the actual result so it is time to see if Good Life for Men really deserves its stellar reputation. I have worn the composition three days in a row and am again wearing it as I write this review. I am afraid despite my love of its classy bottle, for me Good Life for Men is really not so good. Oh yes, it does have some green aspects that are appealing, like the slightly synthetic smelling fig leaf, but the clover derived green sweetness that makes itself known early and hangs around with the fig through the mid-section is too sweet for my tastes. The woody amber dry-down is nothing new either, with only some green oakmoss adding an interesting twist, though far from original either. At the end of the day, this composition must have been designed to appeal to Davidoff's Cool Water crowd, as that really was their big hit (by the same perfumer Bourdon, no less) but alas, lightning rarely strikes twice and Cool Water in its original vintage form is a lot better composition than Good Life for Men. The bottom line is the approximately $170 per 125ml bottle on the aftermarket Good Life for Men is a valiant attempt by Davidoff and Bourdon to revive the house's greatest commercial success, Cool Water, but while appealing this "good" 3 star out of 5 rated composition comes up a bit short.
01st June, 2015 (last edited: 02nd June, 2015)
It is the Good Life... A classic fragrance - no more...

I am a huge fan of the Davidoff fragrances - I have many in my collection nearing 500 bottles (ok - I guess I am a little OCD..). In addition to being one of my favorite names, the Good Life is one of my favorite Davidoff fragrances. The juice is good - too bad it has been discontinued. I am glad I have 3/4 a bottle that is only used sporadically. The Good Life is truly a pleasant blend of amber, citrus, floral, and sandalwood notes that settles into a herbal, almost grassy", and woodsy fragrance that is fresh and easy on the nose. The longevity and projection/sillage are average, or slightly above average. The "Wow Factor" (comments from the opposite sex) exists - I have had more comments wearing other fragrances, but Good Life has great potential. You will get noticed. While I would feel comfortable wearing Good Life during any season, perhaps Autumn or Spring are ideal. Additionally, Good Life offers versatility that it can be worn day or night or for any occasion.

The bottle and packaging are first class. I am especially fond of the bottle - clear and designed that portrays class. Well done Davidoff.

Now... The rest of the story... The downside is that Good Life has been discontinued. That said, a check of online pricing reveals that if you want some of the Good Life - you will pay a premium.

Final tally for Good Life is 4.1 stars out of a possible 5. Everything about this fragrance is great with the exception of the price/value. If you can find it at a reasonable price, I definitely recommend adding to your collection.

Daily I.M - Today is an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life. Do the right thing..!!
09th April, 2014

GOOD LIFE WOMAN by Davidoff 3.4 oz / 100 ml Eau De Parfum Spray NEW IN BOX SEAL

End Date: Monday Feb-18-2019 18:57:09 PST
Buy It Now for only: $53.77
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

GOOD LIFE WOMAN by Davidoff 1.7 oz / 50 ml Eau De Parfum Spray NEW IN BOX SEALED

End Date: Monday Feb-18-2019 19:14:14 PST

Good Life for Women by Davidoff Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz - New in Worn Box

End Date: Tuesday Feb-19-2019 15:13:44 PST
Buy It Now for only: $37.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

GOODLIFE Davidoff Women Perfume 100 ml 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum NEW WITHOUT BOX BJ16

End Date: Tuesday Feb-19-2019 15:27:48 PST
Buy It Now for only: $36.95

GOODLIFE BY DAVIDOFF FOR MEN 75ML/2.5 FL.OZ.EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 80% FULL

End Date: Tuesday Feb-19-2019 16:18:15 PST
Buy It Now for only: $139.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Good Life by Davidoff 5 oz/150 ml Shaving Gel for Men NIB Sealed NOS Rare!

End Date: Tuesday Feb-19-2019 20:00:13 PST

Good Life Eau de Parfum by Parfums Davidoff 1.7 oz 50ml Spray Vintage

$10.95 (1 Bid)
End Date: Wednesday Feb-20-2019 13:08:39 PST

Member images of Good Life

There are no member images of Good Life yet. Why not be the first?