Grabazzi (1995)

HouseGendarme

About Grabazzi

Grabazzi is a masculine fragrance by Gendarme. The scent was launched in 1995

Reviews of Grabazzi

Its very clean, spicy, musky and I do get the coca cola fissy note! Its such a unique scent, i cant wait to buy the deodorant and hair and body wash. Almost time to buy another bottle, a 10 ozl bottle that is!
10th May, 2013 (last edited: 02nd November, 2013)
I've smelled everything Gendarme has to offer, and although I'm trying to rate and review all of them, I can say with confidence that, longevity issues aside, this is the one I dislike the most. It seems harmless enough, just smelling like soap, but something about it is just off-putting enough to cause me avoid getting too close to people while wearing it. It's pretty clean, with some woody, musky, spiciness blended together. There's a note in there that reminds me of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée's "cough syrup" note, but that's neither here nor there.

There seems to be an evolving nuance to Gendarme's other offerings even though they all appear soapy, but Grabazzi stays true to it's first impression: it smells like hotel soap.
25th September, 2010
Grabazzi evolves a fair amount, and proves difficult for me because it constantly flirts with being a shampoo scent. The immediate opening is very sharply herbal, and rather invigorating. For a while, it smells decidedly blue to me, like a Blue Cherry Icee. There's some definite fruit at the beginning, but already the herbal shampoo is beginning to appear. A lemon component emerges, but such a thin, acidic lemon peel scent that it's very off-putting. Fortunately it doesn't last long. As the base approaches, I realize that anise, fennel, or one of my other sworn enemies is becoming noticeable, even if not very much, and that is a big part of the cheap old shampoo association that I get. In the end, I'm left with a subdued aura of either Dr. Pepper or sarsaparilla over breakfast cereal, and I'm not in great need of that scent in my life.
13th June, 2010
adonis Show all reviews
Clean, clean, clean and soapy as they get. The top notes are really unique and lovely, but the dry-down becomes, as one poster noted - "Lava Soap". Still, if you want to offend absolutely nobody, this is a great cologne, although you can achieve the same effect for a lot less money. I like the Gendarme line a lot, but this one...hmmm.
16th March, 2009
One reviewer has noted a “good tar soap” note; another a tar note. For me, those are very close to my experience. It reminds me of a pumice soap I used years ago (called Lava). At any rate, this is a clean scent, albeit a different type of clean. Not bad, but something I would go for. I get decent longevity out Grabazzi.
31st January, 2009
Loud soapy laundry detergent. If you want to smell like this, why not dab some softner on your neck?
30th January, 2009

Add your review of Grabazzi

Shop for Grabazzi products online

Shop for Grabazzi at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Grabazzi

Member images of Grabazzi

There are no member images of Grabazzi yet. Why not be the first?