Grafton (1983)

Grafton information

Year of Launch1983

HouseTruefitt & Hill

About Grafton

Grafton is a masculine fragrance by Truefitt & Hill. The scent was launched in 1983

Grafton fragrance notes

Reviews of Grafton

This cologne has a wonderful clean soapy smell with plenty of green layers...slight citrus but this doesn't stick around any longer than ten minutes ...The problem for me is that this cologne needs more balls and to say I'm grafton ...poor projection and longivity ..i get around 2 hours ..it seems shy of who it is and shouldn't be because it has potential to be a star just needs better projection of its notes (maybe more oils used ?). I use this with grafton shave cream and spray this cologne a few more times than I should to get sum oomph and projection. I like to smell my cologne in the car going to work but by the time I've parked up I'm deep into dry down stage (bout half hour drive) love the fragrance tho
30th October, 2014
This is my idea of a classical gentleman's barbershop fragrance. It feels clean, crisp, and timeless. I often hear compliments by associates that it reminds them of something their grandfather would wear--and not in a derogatory way. The scent is certainly a classical and nostalgic one. It is my favorite of the Truefitt & Hill house.

On my skin, longevity is good, and projection is fairly strong.

I find this to be an appropriate fragrance for a gentlemen's night out, or (in moderation) at a business meeting. It certainly evokes an expression of gravitas.

Easily one of my favorites.
17th November, 2013
Nice traditional English gentlemen's cologne but the party's ove after a few hours.
07th December, 2011
We've arrived back at the English barbershop: a little fruit and light florals on top of anise, wintergreen (?) and sweet spices. This is very sweet, but it's also well-balanced, and nothing sticks out at me in excess. It could be one of few barbershop fragrance that I really like, and I think a big contributor to this is sandalwood...just a little bit of Egoiste underneath everything else. I almost don't know what to say because so many of this genre involve me complaining about them overdoing one note and spoiling what seems like it should be such a conventional, no-brainer scent. It has some of the same dusty, moderated sweet spice as in Trafalgar, but it's in much stronger company here with the woody notes. The one drawback here is that there's a little smoke in the base which isn't terribly well done, and has some of the waxy, oily character of Preferred Stock, but it's hardly noticeable.
05th December, 2011
An aromatic green/herbaceous fougere that can do great on the Tsar/Gucci Nobile axis. Woodier than the former and stronger than the latter but never loud. A classic barbershop style composition.
27th September, 2011
Citrus top note that disappears almost immediately. Left with a light herby, green scent in the top notes. Faint Lavender in there as well, but can be picked up if you're looking for it. I get no "spice" at all throughout, despite what is listed in the basenotes. Dries down to a hint of patchouli and woods. Decent stuff and one of the better ones from this house (which isn't saying much), but there are much better ones in this category.
09th August, 2011

Add your review of Grafton

Shop for Grafton products online

Shop for Grafton at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Grafton

Member images of Grafton

There are no member images of Grafton yet. Why not be the first?