Grapefruit

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseCzech & Speake
PerfumerJohn Stephen

About Grapefruit

Relaunched in 2000 as Citrus Paradisi.

Reviews of Grapefruit

There is one review of Grapefruit.
PaulSC Show all reviews
In my grad-school years, I wore two colognes. Calvin was my "signature" scent, and C&S Grapefruit was on hand for those days when I wanted something different. I loved the latter fragrance back in those days -- an intense blast of rich grapefruit, with a spicy edge that you could almost believe was part of the grapefruit rather than a separate accord. And unlike so many citrus-based scents, this one was fairly linear and had good longevity. In hot weather, it's true, the effect could be overly pungent, but on my skin this effect didn't get out of hand.

Evidently the public had a cooler opinion than mine about this fragrance, as it was discontinued. (In fact, I bought my bottle at a Barney's NY Warehouse sale, and it may have been the discontinuation that put this fragrance on the sale table.)

Today, I wouldn't pay the premium prices it would take to track down a vintage bottle of the stuff. But I've been perpetually on the trail of a perfect grapefruit (or related citrus) scent to replace it. At this point, I've got Terre d'Hermes for the rich, dark side of things, and I'm looking for something lighter and brighter but with decent longevity. Who knows, maybe I'll layer the two someday and be hit with the same waves of nostalgia I feel today when I wear Calvin...

EDIT: It's back, under the name "Citrus Paradisi" -- quite possibly a re-formulation, but just as marvelous as a remember.
10th January, 2007 (last edited: 12th September, 2009)

Add your review of Grapefruit

Shop for Grapefruit products online

Member images of Grapefruit

There are no member images of Grapefruit yet. Why not be the first?