• Launched: 1996
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3

Based on 22 ratings

Grass information

Grass is a unisex fragrance by Demeter Fragrance Library. The scent was launched in 1996

Shop for Grass products online

Reviews of Grass

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

Adama's avatar

Grass is really gross. I wanted something simple that would remind me of drinking a beer on my freshly mowed lawn... this wasn't it.

Demeter has yet to impress me. Let's hope Paperback or Laundromat can change that.

20th January, 2014

When I think of grass I think of the smell that comes from mowing the lawn with a non-gas-powered lawn mower. Demeter’s Grass doesn’t smell like fresh cut grass with or without the gas smells. This is meant to smell like “the freshness and sweetness of a lush green grass pasture, much like the pasture…” As such, it has a strong element of wild flowers and odoriferous weeds, which basically challenges my remembrance of mowing Mrs. Molly Mortisen’s half-acre lawn with a push lawn mower and getting a whole eighty-five cents for it. This is an “ehhh…” scent that should have been named “Meadow.”

07 August, 2009

odysseusm's avatar

Well, no surprise here. This is a simple, grassy, slightly sweet and synthetic scent which lasts about 10 minutes. It is forgettable and because of its simplicity, rather boring and shallow.

08 February, 2009

Lucy Fishwife's avatar

Stringbean smells more grassy. Gap "Grass" smells more grassy. This kind of smells like really green bananas (like a lot of "grass" perfumes seem to end up doing). Not saying I don't like it, but...

29 September, 2008

morethanthree's avatar

This has less of a "mowed grass" scent and much more of an overgrown field scent. It has a very dusty sunny feel to it, as if opening a window out in the country and having the smells of the outdoors come in. It's a great scent.

12 April, 2008

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Sweeter and perfumier than other green grass notes I've tried. I think it has a more true grass scent in the throw though. Sharp and aromatic, like tall grasses in bloom, perhaps slightly dry and yellowish.

29 July, 2006