Grass Oil for Men (1974)

Based on 12 ratings

Grass Oil for Men information

Grass Oil for Men is a men's fragrance by Jovan. The scent was launched in 1974

Reviews of Grass Oil for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 7 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

kwitcherbitchen's avatar

Jovan Grass Oil for Men...the quintessential fragrance that will forever be etched in my mind as "the best" of them all from my youth. I love and will always fondly remember the vintage English Leather, Old Spice, British Sterling and Jade East, etc. But even as great as those were, NONE of them can hold a candle to Jovan Grass Oil for Men.

It was a fragrance that was civil...but not shy. A distinctive fresh, green and newly-cut lawn note is prevalent with first splashes and is followed by something that reminds me of the outside air with a cleansing breeze that smells so sweet on a sunny day in the summer.

It dries down to a nice pleasant clean, soapy, almost sweet-citrusy kind of scent that always reminded me that everything is going to be all right.

I miss it a lot.

02nd March, 2014

dreese's avatar

I wore this in the sun when I was young and everything was sweet. It smelled like making love outdoors.

31st December, 2013

buzzy's avatar

I LOVED this scent. My father used to wear it. He was killed in an accident in 1977, i was 11. I hung on to that bottle forever. Smelling it always reminded me of him. A rough and tough logger, but he sure smelled good when he cleaned up! Over the years it went dry, now I have lost it. I would give anything for another bottle of it. Does anyone know how I could purchase one?

30th November, 2008

ball_breakin_moon's avatar

OH MY GOSH… I remember wearing Grass Oil when I was 14. I kept the bottle for years, and years. It was a very small, plain, cylinder shaped, GREEN (glass?) bottle. Somewhere on it, it must have said Grass Oil. I don't know if it was on the bottom of the bottle?? I don't remember Jovan though. Maybe it was a sample bottle. I might have gotten it for Christmas. What's so strange is that I am a female, and the Grass Oil I remember could have been worn by both sexes I suppose?? I just know that I loved it. It was a very subtle scent - not loud and stinky like the other scents of that time. I'll never forget the smell - I have yet to smell anything like it.
    Are there any other companies that make Grass Oil? I'm just wondering about the little green bottle I had, and if it was Jovan?

Renée

02nd October, 2006

greatmate2's avatar

New Zealand-Maori New Zealand-Maori

First purchased in 1974 in white opaque plastic bottle with tiniest of holes. Approx 3oz. Green printed label. Lasted 5-6 years and couldnt find again. Only discarded bottle in last 4-5 years.Current Musk and Sex Appeal seemingly juvenile in comparison! Oh well...yawn!!

26th September, 2006

zenpiper's avatar

Funny thing. I got a bottle of this in 1977 and didn't much care for it: a bit too odd. But I didn't part with it either. Now I do like it. It's unusual and something I would not wear often, but I have warmed to it quite a bit. Lasts well.

27th December, 2005

Add your review of Grass Oil for Men

Search for on eBay United States

JOVAN GRASS OIL COLOGNE FOR MEN 3.0 OZ Spray, NO BOX
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 9 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Jovan GRASS OIL Light Cologne Splash 8oz. Used 75% Full Women's Mens Unisex?
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 29 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)