Green Irish Tweed (1985)

PerfumerPierre Bourdon
PerfumerOlivier Creed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Green Irish Tweed

Green Irish Tweed is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1985 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Olivier Creed and Pierre Bourdon

Green Irish Tweed fragrance notes

Reviews of Green Irish Tweed

I don't usually go in for discussions around reformulation and similar, but there are a lot of reviews here and so a real corpus to work from. The consensus around 2012 in the negative reviews seems to be "too green". Well, when trying GIT on paper strips I did have the experience of smelling something green, and rich, mossy, and salty, to boot.

On the skin, though - it's not so much green as "violet". I really do not pick up much in the way of greenery here, and I wish I did. Rather, I feel as though I've just been through a tumble dryer with one of those fabric conditioning sheets they used to sell. I am essence of laundry.

To make it clear, there is nothing wrong with the quality here. The accords are bold and long-lasting. I would venture to say that this is different in kind from Cool Water. The problem is that iris and violet are two of my least favourite notes. The base notes do their job as fixative almost too well here, so while I get a good helping of salty ambergris, the main function is to amplify the clean violet leaf. You can see that your money goes on good ingredients but these are simply ingredients that I don't hanker after.

In short, for me, not green enough. And that bottle - I'm unaware of whether the clear glass has replaced the black flacon, but what odd packaging that black thing is. A classic masculine packaged as a steampunk prop.
09th April, 2018
Iris and verbena. It's the essential Creed if you don't want to pop for Aventus.

yes it resembles cool water, but it's obviously more well constructed. If you can get over the cool water thing, you'll love this.

Performance for me is great.

17th February, 2018
Green indeed and throughout. Wish the lemongrass opening lasted longer though. Ends with the everlasting violet drydown after 8 hours which is pleasant, but somewhat floral unisex. Think starting your day on a very green, clean, and expensive golf course. With dew still on the grass and the bright sun above you. Classic scent!
03rd December, 2017
Herb Citrus took a
Fancy ride with Amber Gris
And Violet Leaf.
14th October, 2017
Highest quality summer signature scent out there.
I wish i can afford to be more liberal with this stuff, and use it more often .
High quality and very pleasing scent all around.
Onlything i dont like about this is the price ..

I am now waiting for my Tres Nuit coming in this week , if it's half as good as GIT i will be extremely happy .......

10th October, 2017
Bottle:
Minimalist but very nice. List on side of bottle is woody, fresh spicy, citrus, leather.

Longevity:

Celebrity I imagine wearing this:
Clint Eastwood
Pierce Brosnan

Scent:
The single best masculine fragrance ever made.
The beginning is fresh sparkling green lemon verbena. The violet leaf and ambergris gives it a masculine edge that is marine but not aquatic. I think the base smells like the ocean. Oily and marine. A true gentleman's timeless fragrance.
30th September, 2017