Green Irish Tweed (1985)

(based on 1944 votes)

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Green Irish Tweed

Green Irish Tweed is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1985

Green Irish Tweed fragrance notes

Reviews of Green Irish Tweed

Amazing gentlemen's scent. To my nose similar to several scents including Cool Water, Hugo Boss and Paul Smith (which don't come close to GIT). But they are similar with Hugo Boss being the most similar to me. GIT smells of sophistication. I have worn this for more than 10 years and will always have a bottle in my collection. Enjoy!
15th May, 2016
Small vial purchased from scentsplits. Very strong fresh cut grass at first, then mellowed a bit. Might try a larger decanted glass bottle to give it a better test.
24th April, 2016
Fresh and pure...

What a great smelling fragrance! It really feels like walking through the countryside on a cold, dewy morning... with the aromas of the vegetation and greenery mixed with that cold, damp air!

To me there is a lot going on here. Lemon verbena, moss, some orris, sandalwood and ambergirs. It's an incredible smell. I think this is quite pleasing and inoffensive, everyone will like this. On the other hand, I do feel that looking back, even though it is a great example of it's kind, it's not as incredible a smell as people make it out to be. That's probably because it's a victim of it's own success I guess. The comparisons to the aquatic fragrances seem to knock this down a little. I for one like it very much, but the comparisons are there.

Again, as with all Creed fragrances, it's up to you to decide whether to spend the money for a full bottle or not. If it smells great to you, and you have the money, sure. I do appreciate what it does but I still think there are a host of fragrances which have copied this at a lower price point. A victim of it's own success perhaps, but still a great classic of male fragrances. Very very good!
20th April, 2016
If i spray my car tyre with cool water and do a burn out and then smell it, it will smell like GIT. I have no idea how come not even a single creed fragrance has ever impressed me.
11th April, 2016
Breathtaking verbena opening, leading to masculine florals sitting on top of that shimmering ambergris base. One of my most worn fragrances.
31st March, 2016
An awesome classic. Emanates a calm feeling of confidence and luxury. GIT is it.
18th March, 2016