Green Irish Tweed (1985)

Year of Launch1985

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Green Irish Tweed

Green Irish Tweed is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1985

Green Irish Tweed fragrance notes

Reviews of Green Irish Tweed

Second best scent of all time only slightly behind Aventus. You will smell your self constantly. Why? Because it's addictive.
12th May, 2015
I share rogalal's view on GIT. I don't hate it, but I don't understand why it begets such accolades. I do agree that it is similar in composition to Cool Water, but GIT has much more depth and charachter and if all other things were equal, I'd probably choose GIT. However, IMO GIT is just not that great of a fragrance at $150 a bottle to where I have to own it.
17th April, 2015
After all these years, I still just don't "get" Green Irish Tweed. What is it supposed to smell like? A bucket of melted plastic at the beach? Lemon juice mixed with shea butter? Weird-smelling leaves dipped in metal?

Whatever it is, it's much richer and substantial than pretty much any other aquatic, though I've never thought it smelled particularly good or understood how people smell this and think it smells "classy". I don't hate it, but I don't particularly like it either.

I keep waiting to have an "a-ha" moment where something falls into place and I realize how brilliant Green Irish Tweed is, but it's just not happening. Oh well.
09th April, 2015
Green Irish Tweed has been my favorite ‘modern’ Creed ever since I first got into this line many years ago. It’s also the one that I wear the most out of all the Creeds that I own. Upon application I got a fresh crisp opening that comes from the ‘French’ lemon verbena note with a hint of ‘Florentine’ Iris. To me, the opening comes off as both citrusy and green. It reminds me of getting out of the shower after finishing a good workout at the gym. It has a very refreshing opening. The opening eventually subsides allowing for the iris and violet to step up in the heart. The scent transforms into a very luscious green scent. At the drydown, the ‘Mysore’ sandalwood and ambergris notes come into play giving off the classic Creed drydown as noticed in many of its fragrances. To me, the drydown became slightly creamy and woodsy-like in addition to the green heart that is still present from earlier. Describing it overall, GIT is a masculine and wonderful refreshing scent.

Personally, I can’t really find an occasion that GIT wouldn’t be appropriate to be worn it. It’s well balanced and well suited that it can be worn all year round. It will work well in both formal and casual occasions whether it’s at an office meeting or going out for a drive on the weekends. I want to point out that GIT is more of a safe scent in that it won’t jump out people but at the same time it won’t always get noticed. Ill also note that it gets compared to other fragrances like Davidoff’s Cool Water and Bond No. 9 Chez Bond as noted from other reviewers. I do find those similarities but the quality of GIT is far superior IMO. Both the longevity and silage are great. In terms longevity I get anywhere between 4-8 hours depending on application and climate. Silage is moderate for the first 2-3 hours before staying closer to the skin for the remainder of the scent. Warmer months (ie: spring and summer) will help the scent project more and improve the longevity. Overall, Green Irish Tweed is one of the best scents that Creed has to offer. People trying out Creed for the first time, GIT would be a good place to start. GIT is my favorite ‘modern’ Creed scent and overall one of my all-time favorites from the entire Creed line.
04th April, 2015
You know Henry Ford's character, Norman, from "On Golden Pond"?...yeah, he'd wear this.
11th March, 2015
Lemon Cool Water indeed. Not bad.
18th January, 2015