Green Irish Tweed (1985)

(based on 2054 votes)

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Green Irish Tweed

Green Irish Tweed is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1985

Green Irish Tweed fragrance notes

Reviews of Green Irish Tweed

A beautiful green mossy fragrance with good projection and okay longevity. I kind of understand the comparisons with Davidoff Cool Water, but in a completely different league in terms of quality. I find GIT more understated and classy compared to CW in the same way a well fitted tweed sports jacket compares to a Harrington jacket. The best part for me is the green, mossy opening, I'm not a big fan of the dry down where it begins to venture in to CW territory.

In terms of occasion I could wear GIT in a daily context, dressing up or in the office in a management/board level meeting whilst CW would be for casual, daily use only. For me it invokes a walk through the grassy hills of the Irish countryside, less the mucky livestock.
19th March, 2017
This is another "old money" scent that recalls class and elegance. What sets GIT apart from the other 80's powerhouses is the use of Florentine Iris, a high quality Sandalwood from Mysore and real Ambergris extract; all masterfully blended in a rather simple formula. The Violet note adds just the right touch of sweetness and balances nicely with the touch of Lemon.

I can't say that this fragrance is particularly unisex as since I have never smelled this on a female. Green Irish Tweed has had many accolades over the years, but I've always purchased it because it's elegant and pretty much perfect for any occasion. Silage and longevity are outstanding as well they should be for the price of purchase.
16th February, 2017
Opens with a mothball smell to me but shortly after that it turns into a nice green scent. After trying it for a few months it impresses me as a "real" scent that I wouldn't hesitate to use regularly.
06th February, 2017
The quality, sillage and projection is really excellent with this fragrance and it's a great daytime work scent.

Cool water is very close to GIT with the former having less flower accords and adding a slight chlorinated water scent. I think if someone were to buy vintage cool water they would get very close to the same effect with less performance thus offering better value for money.

I don't regret buying it but in this day and age there are more interesting scents out there.
28th January, 2017 (last edited: 29th January, 2017)
I have gone from really really liking GIT to absolutely loving GIT.
For my nose, this scent has it all; lovely, evocative opening; green, sensual mids and almost a warm, sexy base.
I know that this is supposed to evoke green fields (doesn't need to be Ireland either), but what it conjurs for me is my boyhood summer days spent lying on the lush lawns of our local suburban swimming pool. Great fragrances reach into our subconscious and remind us of things that we thought were only imagined, but actually experienced.
I have received a compliment from someone 6 feet away, 6 hours into a wear, so sillage is there. I smell it on me after 10 hours.
Best thing is that it's versatile and i would wear this in any weather, for any occasion.
Icon.
19th January, 2017 (last edited: 13th March, 2017)
Over hyped and over priced.

Green, fresh, inoffensive. Something I wear to work.

It isn't this unique "masterpiece" that I have to pair with a suit or every special occasion.

It's a good fragrance, but no where near as good as the hype or the price.
16th January, 2017