Green Irish Tweed (1985)

(based on 1902 votes)

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Green Irish Tweed

Green Irish Tweed is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1985

Green Irish Tweed fragrance notes

Reviews of Green Irish Tweed

CMac17 Show all reviews
Lives up to the hype. Before wearing this, I had never delved into the "cult of Creed," but I am very glad to be on the dark side now (I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive!) After spraying this on, I was immediately hit with a grassy scent that I hadn't smelled before in a fragrance. It has that characteristic scent of wet grass with a citrus punch. After a little while, the violet begins to push through in the composition, leading way to a nice powdery dry down. A fantastic addition to any wardrobe if the funds are available. If they're not, you can always just buy a bunch of samples and hope they're from the same batch like me!
26th December, 2015
Masterpiece. Tom Cruise driving an Aston Martin through the woods of Pacific Northwest on a sunny day. Organic Cool Water perfectly blended.
04th December, 2015
I started off not liking this fragrance because when I first smelled it, the top notes were much too sharp and grassy for my taste. It wasn't until I actually sprayed some on my skin that I fell in love with it. When it dries down the sharpness goes away and it smells like nature in a bottle. I now own a bottle and use it regularly.
24th September, 2015 (last edited: 03rd October, 2015)
THE SMELL OF VICTORY!

Smells like a field of grass on a beautiful spring day after rain. The dry down on my skin smells of grassy, flowery, powdery goodness. I like to wear this one on Saturday and Sunday morning/afternoon. I always receive compliments and it lasts me throughout the entire day.
Green Irish Tweed is certainly something special that everyman should have in their collection. Timeless.

Because of GIT's uniqueness, beautiful scent, longevity, sillage, and timeless elegance, Im going to have it give it a 10.
03rd September, 2015
As a 40-something who only recently became an avid aficionado of fragrance a little over a year ago, reviewing GIT is a bit like reviewing Phil Collins, "No Jacket Required" album.

Like Phil Collins NJR, GIT is difficult to separate from the production trends of the era - the big reverbs and gated drums are like the overwrought presence of dihydromyrcenal, which was the pop culture trend of smelling like laundry detergent or dryer sheets started by Drakkar.

There must be an almost universally positive association with the smell of dryer sheets and 20th century industrial laundry fragrances. Why else would so much CW, Aspen and GIT continue to fly off the shelves?

Yes, it smells good, but at this point in history it's hopelessly pedestrian, ubiquitous and even possibly Orwellian in that when I wear this I feel like I'm lost in some sort of consumer goods afterworld. This is the fragrance of the household cleaner isle of today.

So gents, spray on your GIT, put some mousse in your highlighted hair, break out your Phil Collins cassette, slap it in your walkman, and go pick up someone underneath the flourescent glow of your local laundrymat.

28th August, 2015
Green Irish Tweed is one of the more appropriately evocatively named Creed fragrances, as it is, to me, the archetypical green fragrance without the citric acidity that is common to most scents in that phylum.

It's easy to understand how this is a classic, and how so many stand by it. Without the citrus, it's still somehow complete, anchored by a mix of violet, iris, sandalwood, and ambergris that together yield a mossy green walk in the park. GIT is soft in the way of Silver Mountain Water's green tea note, attacking only slightly at the opening before drying down very nicely into something that could be worn all day. Still, GIT is most appropriate as a warm weather day fragrance, as it's not terribly formal.

While not my favorite fresh Creed, as I still stand by Aventus, Himalaya, and Silver Mountain as the standouts that I've tried, GIT is s a must-try for those unfamiliar, and in my case, an eventual must-buy. Availability isn't an issue, as it's on all of the discount sites. I'll be happy to add this to my collection.

7 out of 10