Green Irish Tweed (1985)

(based on 2099 votes)

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Green Irish Tweed

Green Irish Tweed is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1985

Green Irish Tweed fragrance notes

Reviews of Green Irish Tweed

Nice fresh frag very grassy with a touch of lemon in the opening. I am surprised I like it as it reminds me of opening a lawnmower. Expensive considering the cheaper alternatives that smell very similar. I do have to say though compared to Coolwater it is in a league of its own. moderate to good projection and good longevity on me. 7/10
26th July, 2017
Starts off lemony. I like it. There's something there that reminds me of Polo. It dried out and I still definitely smell it. Longevity lasted about 4hrs. My second Creed. Longevity average. Projection average. Nobody commented
Second try, didn't notice it at all once I left for work.
15th July, 2017
An extremely classy, elegant and versatile scent that even Creed's detractors give grudging respect to. This fragrance has a fresh cut grass and lemon verbena opening that is somehow familiar and yet unique. The rest of the fragrance's development is similar in producing a slightly nostalgic and yet timeless and classy aura. A great all round fragrance which can be worn in any situation and season (don't let anyone tell you otherwise). Perfectly unisex in fact and perfectly composed.

Fresh cut grass, citrus, iris, violet leaf and ambergris (presumably synthetic) done to perfection.

05th July, 2017
One of my favorite fragrances. The green opening is outstanding and puts me in a good mood whenever I wear it. Dry down is extremely pleasant. Longevity is at least 8 hours. Silage is excellent. More of a casual scent for warm weather months but can hold its own in the winter. I don't get the Cool Water comparisons which is too bad because I'd love to spend much less to get this scent. They're in the same ballpark but still quite different. GIT is truly one of a kind.
15th June, 2017 (last edited: 20th June, 2017)
This is number 1 on my wish list. Just need to take the Mrs out for a few nice meals to butter her up and then it's all mine!!!

Personally I get the hype. I sampled this just the other day and it really is stunning. But not just evening stunning. It's anytime of day stunning. I can see the comparisons to Cool Water and anyone who denies this either has no nose or is coming from a snobbish point of few. Saying that, Green Irish Tweed is so much better. Take Cool Water, Add some spice and a bucket full of class and sophistication and you end up with Green Irish Tweed.

Update.....I now own and am enjoying very much.
02nd May, 2017 (last edited: 06th June, 2017)
A beautiful green mossy fragrance with good projection and okay longevity. I kind of understand the comparisons with Davidoff Cool Water, but in a completely different league in terms of quality. I find GIT more understated and classy compared to CW in the same way a well fitted tweed sports jacket compares to a Harrington jacket.

This is what I'd like to say about this scent, but like almost all Creed fragrances it's overrated, synthetic and pretentious! :-(
19th March, 2017 (last edited: 06th May, 2017)

Add your review of Green Irish Tweed

Shop for Green Irish Tweed products online

Shop for Green Irish Tweed at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Green Irish Tweed

Member images of Green Irish Tweed

There are no member images of Green Irish Tweed yet. Why not be the first?