Green Irish Tweed (1985)

(based on 2009 votes)

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Green Irish Tweed

Green Irish Tweed is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1985

Green Irish Tweed fragrance notes

Reviews of Green Irish Tweed

Tubby Show all reviews
A wonderful green, fresh masculine scent. Great longevity and sillage. The classic ambergris dry down. My signature
25th November, 2016
Awesome. Best in class.
11th October, 2016
Feels like a cold, foggy morning in a place where some green leaves & a hint of flowers (marigold, lavender & tiny bit of jasmine) have been chopped off & cold water has been sprinkled upon them.
As the times goes by it loses the greenness while the salty musk starts coming upfront.

Smells very natural.

It does remind me of cool water, but cool water is GIT + chlorinated swimming pool water.

Projection: 8/10
Longevity: 10 hours

14th July, 2016 (last edited: 16th July, 2016)
Amazing gentlemen's scent. To my nose similar to several scents including Cool Water, Hugo Boss and Paul Smith which do lean more sweet smelling and don't come close to GIT. But they are similar with Hugo Boss being the most similar to me (at least as it heads to the dry down). GIT smells of sophistication. I have worn this for more than 10 years and will always have a bottle in my collection. Enjoy!
15th May, 2016 (last edited: 28th September, 2016)
Fresh and pure...

What a great smelling fragrance! It really feels like walking through the countryside on a cold, dewy morning... with the aromas of the vegetation and greenery mixed with that cold, damp air!

To me there is a lot going on here. Lemon verbena, moss, some orris, sandalwood and ambergirs. It's an incredible smell. I think this is quite pleasing and inoffensive, everyone will like this. On the other hand, I do feel that looking back, even though it is a great example of it's kind, it's not as incredible a smell as people make it out to be. That's probably because it's a victim of it's own success I guess. The comparisons to the aquatic fragrances seem to knock this down a little. I for one like it very much, but the comparisons are there.

Again, as with all Creed fragrances, it's up to you to decide whether to spend the money for a full bottle or not. If it smells great to you, and you have the money, sure. I do appreciate what it does but I still think there are a host of fragrances which have copied this at a lower price point. A victim of it's own success perhaps, but still a great classic of male fragrances. Very very good!
20th April, 2016
If i spray my car tyre with cool water and do a burn out and then smell it, it will smell like GIT. I have no idea how come not even a single creed fragrance has ever impressed me.
11th April, 2016

Add your review of Green Irish Tweed

Shop for Green Irish Tweed products online

Shop for Green Irish Tweed at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Green Irish Tweed

Member images of Green Irish Tweed

There are no member images of Green Irish Tweed yet. Why not be the first?