Green Irish Tweed (1985)

(based on 2082 votes)

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Green Irish Tweed

Green Irish Tweed is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1985

Green Irish Tweed fragrance notes

Reviews of Green Irish Tweed

One of my favorite fragrances. The green opening is outstanding and puts me in a good mood whenever I wear it. Dry down is extremely pleasant. Longevity is at least 8 hours. Silage is excellent. More of a casual scent for warm weather months but can hold its own in the winter. I don't get the Cool Water comparisons which is too bad because I'd love to spend much less to get this scent. They're in the same ballpark but still quite different. GIT is truly one of a kind.
15th June, 2017 (last edited: 20th June, 2017)
This is number 1 on my wish list. Just need to take the Mrs out for a few nice meals to butter her up and then it's all mine!!!

Personally I get the hype. I sampled this just the other day and it really is stunning. But not just evening stunning. It's anytime of day stunning. I can see the comparisons to Cool Water and anyone who denies this either has no nose or is coming from a snobbish point of few. Saying that, Green Irish Tweed is so much better. Take Cool Water, Add some spice and a bucket full of class and sophistication and you end up with Green Irish Tweed.

Update.....I now own and am enjoying very much.
02nd May, 2017 (last edited: 06th June, 2017)
A beautiful green mossy fragrance with good projection and okay longevity. I kind of understand the comparisons with Davidoff Cool Water, but in a completely different league in terms of quality. I find GIT more understated and classy compared to CW in the same way a well fitted tweed sports jacket compares to a Harrington jacket.

This is what I'd like to say about this scent, but like almost all Creed fragrances it's overrated, synthetic and pretentious! :-(
19th March, 2017 (last edited: 06th May, 2017)
This is another "old money" scent that recalls class and elegance. What sets GIT apart from the other 80's powerhouses is the use of Florentine Iris, a high quality Sandalwood from Mysore and real Ambergris extract; all masterfully blended in a rather simple formula. The Violet note adds just the right touch of sweetness and balances nicely with the touch of Lemon.

I can't say that this fragrance is particularly unisex as since I have never smelled this on a female. Green Irish Tweed has had many accolades over the years, but I've always purchased it because it's elegant and pretty much perfect for any occasion. Silage and longevity are outstanding as well they should be for the price of purchase.
16th February, 2017
Opens with a mothball smell to me but shortly after that it turns into a nice green scent. After trying it for a few months it impresses me as a "real" scent that I wouldn't hesitate to use regularly.
06th February, 2017
The quality, sillage and projection is really excellent with this fragrance and it's a great daytime work scent.

Cool water is very close to GIT with the former having less flower accords and adding a slight chlorinated water scent. I think if someone were to buy vintage cool water they would get very close to the same effect with less performance thus offering better value for money.

I don't regret buying it but in this day and age there are more interesting scents out there.
28th January, 2017 (last edited: 29th January, 2017)

Add your review of Green Irish Tweed

Shop for Green Irish Tweed products online

Shop for Green Irish Tweed at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Green Irish Tweed

Member images of Green Irish Tweed

There are no member images of Green Irish Tweed yet. Why not be the first?