Grès pour Homme (1965)

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseGrès
Parent CompanyDenz > Art & Fragrance

About Grès pour Homme

Grès pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Grès. The scent was launched in 1965

Grès pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Grès pour Homme

The first notes are fresh, smooth citrus rounded by lavender, not unlike the opening of Chanel Pour Monsieur. But then a startlingly harsh note appears which is almost identical to Ivory Soap --- quite strong, and off-putting for me. Fortunately, this doesn't last long, and soon we're back in the land of cedar, rosewood and carnation, gradually mellowing into the resinous base of vanilla, tonka and benzoin.

The whole composition is fairly light, and barely detectable on my skin after 4 hours. I don't mind lighter fragrances fading more quickly --- sometimes it's even preferable. I'm rating this as a neutral solely because the "Ivory Soap effect" detracts from what would otherwise be a very classy and enjoyable 60's scent.
25th March, 2010

Grès Pour Homme is an enjoyable citrus fragrance well presented in a ‘60s style. It is a complex citrus scent… the kind that we don’t see too often lately. Its complexity reminds me somewhat of the three Signoriccis by Nina Ricci because of the petitgrain in the opening. The petitgrain is unmistakable. The lavender in the opening also adds a feeling that makes the citrus accord broader than the typical citrus accord. The middle level is complex and primarily woody to my nose with its cedar, patchouli and with its touch of rosewood: This accord is very smoothly blended. Finally, the ‘60s are also represented in the base accord, with its long list of base elements. This blending, too, is smooth and seamless and keeps me from identifying most of the individual notes, although it seems more musky to me than anything else.

I’m not sure I would wear a scent like this anymore, but I do admire its character and I have enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

14th November, 2009
RobX Show all reviews
lovely - a bit like Eau Sauvage - fresh and clean - well worth a splash
01st August, 2006

Add your review of Grès pour Homme

Shop for Grès pour Homme products online

Search Amazon for Grès pour Homme

Member images of Grès pour Homme

There are no member images of Grès pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?