Grey Flannel (1975)

About Grey Flannel

FIFI award winner in 1976

Grey Flannel fragrance notes

Reviews of Grey Flannel

One of the worst chemical abortions ever made. So many great perfumes are discontinued and I wonder why this atrocity is still in production. Abysmal.
23rd March, 2017
Zowiee Show all reviews
Love this fragrance. Beware of the initial blast, though! A light touch is best for this juice. Bitter herb opening softens to wonderful violet and woody notes that on me, seem to morph back and forth with the rose and moss notes. I adore how it seems to change over it's long-life. May not be for everyone, but is is for me!
19th March, 2017
Love this lasts all day and changes all the time, wears well
03rd March, 2017
Tons of violet. Instantly, I recalled that I never enjoyed smelling violets. For me, an old lady scent with enough heavy chorus added to be a male scent.
17th February, 2017
Nope. Not for me. Don't understand why people like this so much. Eau de Chemicals! The opening is very abrasive, sharp and biting.. then it dries down into a powdery old man concoction. The only reason I know this much about it is because it is my dad's signature scent (I could never bring myself to actually spray this on my own skin). Admittedly, even if I did like this fragrance, I would still never wear it because I grew up smelling this every day. Literally. Every. Single. Day. (My dad unfortunately never learned the art of having a cologne rotation). Thumbs down for the chemicals.
22nd January, 2017 (last edited: 23rd January, 2017)
I finally searched out Geoffrey Beene's 'Grey Flannel' after seeing it reviewed on YouTube, and I had seen it for sale at super low prices everywhere and never picked a bottle up. Last year during the winter I decided to grab a large bottle up and paid only $20 and boy am I glad I did.

The initial notes are violet, geranium, lavender and ferns, which is completely unique and unlike anything you've ever smelled before. It smells a bit like ink, and violets and needs to be worn by a man who projects success as it literally smells like money, lots of old world, family trust, private estate money.

The scent changes up a lot over the day, you will catch cedarwood, mosses, lavender, and much more as it drys down and develops. Projection is amazing and longevity is well over 12+ hours on this.

This is not for the weak, aquatic or sport cologne types, this is for the collector. The mature intellectual gentleman who dresses well, carries himself with confidence and projects success. Best worn during late fall and throughout the winter, and worth every penny.
25th September, 2016