H.M. (1997)

Year of Launch1997

HouseHanae Mori
Parent CompanyCosmetique et Parfum International

About H.M.

A rich edible oriental fragrance with notes of, amongst other things, Chocolate. One for Homer Simpson then!

Reviews of H.M.

Probable one of my most favorite life fragrances to date. I can work with the EdT, but the EdP is smoother and creamier, IMO. As far as gourmand scents go, it is not cloying and in your face; it lasts forever, and on clothing as well. I get compliments for this one and consider it at the top of all the fragrances I've tried / owned / wore. Not for everyone, but give it a whirl at your local store!
02nd November, 2015
Just put some on to refresh my memory via my nose!...
Stunning,breathtaking and could easily have qualified as a niche,"easily"....its dense yet light,stunning zesty lemon/berries,jasmine100% smell & lavender....Its almost a once in a lifetime scent....How they came up with this is anyones guess(process of ellimination though there are many many parts to this frag)...you'd be forgiven thinking theres just to much going on,but amazingly this just doesnt appear so....Its so well crafted....simply a joy!..smell very expensive,unique.!

Out of all the so called(hate the words)cheap scents its easily at the top and infact to my nose right up there with the niche scent...i kid you not!..
If nautica voyage etc gets a big shout out...then this should be bellowed from the roof tops!...
You just cannot go wrong with this...
Oh did i mention its lasts over 15 hrs on my skin and i can still smell it at this stage from 1 feet away from wrist!..
I even forgot about one day in the evening(7am sprayed) 10pm....i got this lovely woft and thought...wow!...then realised "yep there she blows"...She's genuinely amazing!...its a crime its at £30 100ml....
It acts way above its edt(stereo typed edt imagine,you know weaker than edp)sillage is crazy on me.....7-15hrs definately not a skin scent at all!
27th July, 2015
HM by Hanae Mori, not to be confused with the way inferior HiM, is for me hands down one of the most quality and most interesting cheapos ever. It screams fun, versatility, creativity and quality from every side. It is a really playful and quite unique blend of notes which smells at the same time complex and this close to messy, but completely compelling and solid like a really well engineered motor. The key notes which support the composition are citrus, lavender, vanilla and cocoa beans: the zesty freshness of citrus notes, the “masculine” touch of classic lavender, and a gourmand creamy warmth of chocolate and vanilla. There’s many other notes providing depth and “colour” (e.g. spices, something powdery, other herbs, musk), most of which I can’t detect further, but to me it seems these four notes stand out and provide the bone structure of HM. Which is totally brilliant and plain irresistible, as it is at the same time fresh, warm, sweet, creamy but “manly”, there’s dark mellow nuances perfectly balanced with playful fresh top notes and a touch of sweet creaminess.

“Fun” is the word that keeps coming to my head: HM smells happy, lively, fresh and sweet but in no way sweetish or childish, or tacky. It’s like a nice classy comedy movie (say, the funniest Woody Allen’s), which can be hilarious and witty but also totally solid and smart from the point of view of writing and direction (contrary to, say, “teen comedy movies” which may be fun, but technically pure cinematographic crap). HM is quite that, merry and carefree but really solid and “serious” composition/quality-wise. Plus anyway it smells just great, and I am sure I never smelled something so perfectly balancing freshness and warmth, sweet/creamy notes and darker/drier stuff (the kind of composition so many niche scents try to emulate on a regular basis, with half the success and three times the price). It changes a lot, continuously floating between sweet creaminess and freshness, slowly evolving from a more citrus-lavender centered blend, to a more prominent role of vanilla, then switching back to lavender as main character. Lasting crisp and clear for hours. More than just versatile it is purely eclectic. I can imagine anyone pulling this off in any situation, which is nearly the greatest achievement for a fragrance for me. A total steal for the price.

8,5/10

P.S.: review based on the EDT version.
14th June, 2015
HM EdP review.

This is the first time to write a review on basenote. Well HM is a good fragrance which my wife loves. At first, i was overly concerned with the lemony chocolate note at first spray. HM is a nice scent but it can bothersome to some people if over-applied, so go easy on the trigger cos its quite potent.
Not my cup of tea anyways. Anyone interested in swapping a bottle don't hesitate to PM me.
07th June, 2015
Hanae Mori HM: Very sweet out of the gate. I think I'm getting the message from women. They love SUGAR! It's berries with vanilla cocoa. This makes it smell sexy but I would rather a woman wear this.
15th December, 2014
EDP VERSION: Synthetic lemon open cools down to a dirty vanilla cloves that lasts. Someone told me it smells like Christmas. WTF? Great for fall and the great price makes it a 4 out of 5.
09th August, 2014 (last edited: 01st September, 2014)

Add your review of H.M.

Shop for H.M. products online

Shop for H.M. at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for H.M.