H.M. (1997)
    by Hanae Mori

H.M. Fragrance Notes

H.M. information

A rich edible oriental fragrance with notes of, amongst other things, Chocolate. One for Homer Simpson then!

Shop for H.M. products online

50ml EdT
    100ml EdP
    50ml EdP

Reviews of H.M.

Showing 1 to 6 of 112 reviews.

StinkinApe's avatar
    StinkinApe

These are my initial impressions after applying this fragrance (EDT) for the first time. In the first 5-10 minutes after 2 sprays to my torso, my nose picks up a blend of mentholated lemon and lavender. I'm guessing that the blackcurrant note also helps morph the fragrance so I smell what almost approaches a fruity/flowery tobacco accord! Over 20-30 minutes this effect transforms into a more floral heart. Throughout this transition I smell a light mossy vibe that makes me think of Animale Animal more than A-Men. Other reviewers were correct in that the lemon note is still present but balanced by the floral heart. At about 1 hour the base begins to raise it's head on my skin. As the florals fade and the Base Notes kick in I continue to get fleeting hints of the AA vibe most likely due to the moss. In it's favor, it doesn't become cloying whereas AA crosses that line towards the end (on me.) I don't get the sugar bomb some people have mentioned either. I'm keeping in mind that it is winter and dry here right now. Additionally my upper torso is mostly bare so my skin drinks up fragrances. That said, longevity is decent on me (I still smell it at 4.5 hours) as is sillage (about 2-3 feet). It's not exactly what I expected at least in my first impressions but I like it. 4.0 stars out of 5. As the seasons change and I've had more time with this fragrance I plan to update this review.

Edit #1: After three days the fragrance has changed. I get a better separation of the top notes as well as more movement from top to heart to base. I get less of the sweet tobacco accord upon spraying. Now it smells more like sweet camphorous lemon. Shortly after I get the great florals coming in with the vanilla. I still like it.

Final Take: This has become part of my "Office Fragrance" rotation. It's a great scent with good longevity and sillage My only complaint is that occasionally it builds a "Beeswax" vibe on my skin late in the drydown. Apparently only I perceive it as none of my co-workers detect it. This one garners lots of positive feedback from my "Work Wives". They readily give me feedback both positive and negative and they like HM.

Pros: Light, fresh unique take on lemon. Nice drydown. Good Longevity (3-5 hours on me) and heavenly sillage.
    Cons: Occasional cloying Beeswax vibe on my skin that only I seem to smell.

30th January, 2014 (Last Edited: 21st February, 2014)

Sybaris's avatar
    Sybaris

Tried this today. I liked the opening and the warm vanilla really came through in the middle. Quite disappointed in the finish. Regardless, smells a bit too feminine for me. Reminds me of something my wife has. Maybe that's why women make great comments about it.

23 January, 2014

Oproust's avatar
    Oproust

H.M. loses me at the shaky opening and never fully recovers. I enjoy gourmand/oriental type fragrances such as Rochas Man and Midnight in Paris. H.M. has elements of each of these fragrances, i.e. iris, lavender, chocolate, etc., but I prefer the others over H.M. I don't dislike H.M., I just have other options that better fit my nose and mind. H.M. is a pleasant, inoffensive fragrance. Worthy of a test drive.

11th January, 2014

metchu's avatar
    metchu

Amazing! The cologne that got me into the fragrance "game". Huge citrus/lemony blast of an opening that settles into this delicious vanilla/chocolaty bomb. I love it, there's nothing else to say. Lots of compliments, this simply doesn't smell like anything I've ever smelt before. This is not your "everyday" smell, it's your "I'm making a statement" smell. Wouldn't wear this at work, female colleagues might be too distracted. Awesome longevity...only gripe would be the sillage, it stays pretty close to the skin. This is such a sexy scent that you want to be wearing it in close quarters anyway [dates, dancing, whatever] and whoever you're with will love it. Seriously, awesome for the price. I own the EDP and prefer it to the toilette. 9.5/10

05 January, 2014

PungentPuncher's avatar
    PungentPuncher

Too metallic on me, smelled too strong without smelling like anything in particular

26 December, 2013

comfortablynumbbg's avatar
    comfortablynumbbg
    Bulgaria Bulgaria

Decent attempt at doing gourmand sweetness and citrusy notes. Doesn't smell extraordinary, but it's alright.

12 May, 2013