Halston 101 (1984)
    by Halston

Halston 101 Fragrance Notes

Halston 101 information

This coniferous scent is now discontinued. The name 101 came from Halston's address 101 East 63rd. [Thank you to Bryian Davis for this information]

Reviews of Halston 101

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

LAURENLANDAU's avatar
    LAURENLANDAU

I have an unused 3.4 ounce spray bottle.

I have two bottles of Halston 101 , One is up on ebay right now and is 1.7 ounce cologne splash.

The other will go up on ebay next week, UNLESS someone here makes me an offer, It has been stored for 20 years in a vacuum sealed bag, And was only opened last week, My nose is very sensitive, and the scent HAS NOT CHANGED

call me at my home'

813-685-7434

Today is May 22 2013

John

Pros: I have saved a 3.4 ounce spray bottle for sale for $600 with free shipping
    Cons:

22 May, 2013

Eddy1963's avatar
    Eddy1963

This was my favorite of anything Halston ever did. I wish they would make it again. I've got an empty bottle and once in a while I'll open it just to smell that great scent all over again.

19 January, 2011

SWAMIROSE's avatar
    SWAMIROSE

Cedar.... I loved it...... Very strong and commanding! It smelled like a rich hamster's mansion.... in the woods. (It made me sneeze, though... every time I wore it.)

23 December, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Definite pine, cedar and sage notes right from the beginning. The heart of pine remains until it's last steps into a cedarwood musk. Reading the notes and smelling it it seems that this was supposed to be a contender for Polo. Polo is a nicer, crisper green and pine while 101 is much sweeter and on the outer fringes of a chypre. Almost smells like there's tea or tobacco in this. Those two notes usually confuse me.

11th August, 2008

Zut's avatar
    Zut

I still have the last bottle of Halston 101 ever sold by Bloomingdale's NY! Halston 101 is much too dry for my personal taste but since it is now a collector's item, I keep it as such. I have better results with Pino Silvestre which has a surprisingly similar composition. Those of you who miss Halston 101 could try Pino Silvestre. All the ingredients of Pino were in Halston.

16 April, 2008

tvlampboy's avatar
    tvlampboy

Never could understand why they discontinued this one -- it was really Halston's most distinctive men's fragrance. Great top notes, with a wonderfully warm, spicy "dry down."
    I remember it being very potent, too -- a spritz or two would "do it."
    They always seem to discontinue the really good ones.

19 October, 2006