Happy for Men (1999)

Year of Launch1999

HouseClinique
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Happy for Men

This fragrance stays fresh, clean and light throughout. Ideal for the summer. Very orangey too!

Happy for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Happy for Men

Awesome fragrance! Just doesn't project or last very well unless you're in the perfect conditions. First spray isn't anything special to me. Smells like synthetic oranges. But the dry down is amazing. Maybe even my favorite. I wear this to work, and I work a km underground where you sweat all day. Sometimez at the end of a 12 hour day I can smell it on my skin. The dry down smells soo good it puts me in a good mood. Will buy again when I run out.
13th January, 2017
STRONG and I mean STRONG long lasting citrus scent from Clinique that in my opinion varies very little from the female version... At least within the first 2 hours on skin then does dry into a slightly musky dry down but still strong on the citrus. Great quality for the juice and worth the asking price. Enjoy!
30th September, 2016
I was going to start this review by saying something like "if only this were stronger" but it isn't, it likely never will be unless they release an EDT edition (17 years later.....yeah.....not happening!).

But seriously (was an album by Phil Collins) this is a beauty of a fragrance and for me has some striking similarities to Ultraviolet for men by Paco Rabanne and yet I'm not able to spot any matches in the pyramids of the two fragrances. Meh....life is weird.

What I do know is that it's really very nice indeed. Very bright and sparkling. Another reviewer used the word "watery" to describe the smell and I think this is a very apt description.

I'm not thrilled about paying the better part of £50 for an EDC strength fragrance with well documented longevity issues.....so I'll carry it in my man bag and spray myself frequently like Mr Wint in Diamonds are Forever. The difference will be that I won't smell like a "tarts handkerchief". Though I have to say that Longevity on me comes in at around 7 hours with 5 or 6 sprays in the morning. As for Sillage, if I can smell it, I'm sure others cans as well.

The sprayer on this isn't great I must admit. The cloud it sprays isn't as fine as some I've tried and at this price point that is also a negative.

Great for the younger crowd but not exclusive to them. Some of us are young at heart with no plans to change any time soon. Grab yourself a bottle from a reputable source as there are fakes of this online (eBay, Amazon etc).
31st May, 2016 (last edited: 02nd June, 2016)
Overall, I was fairly disappointed with this one. It just does not seem to project or last on me, even by any cologne standards. There is an initial citrus blast, but one which feels pretty synthesised, lacking 'tang', and reminds me more of orange dishwashing liquids than eau de toilette. By that, I mean it carries a softened-up, orange-mixed-with-aloe-vera effect rather than any chemical smell (which is one saving grace, I suppose). Even as a summer spritz fragrance, it doesn't seem to carry any definable character that would warrant buying it over other available citrus 'eau fraiche' colognes available for similar prices.
24th January, 2016
Big orange opening that's just okay, but wow, the drydown. Love the drydown. So clean and fresh. This one blew me away when I first tried in the hours that followed. I just wasn't expecting something like this from Clinique, mostly because the women's version that I had smelled before isn't as good.
20th January, 2016
Lame wishy-washy citrus silliness. This commercial fragrance is extremely weak in every respect.

A poor effort.
19th October, 2015

Add your review of Happy for Men

Shop for Happy for Men products online

Shop for Happy for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Happy for Men

Member images of Happy for Men

There are no member images of Happy for Men yet. Why not be the first?