Havana (1994)

Year of Launch1994

HouseAramis
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Havana

According to Aramis, Havana is "Charismatic, Well-Blended, Smooth, Sensual, Electric, Sexy, Masculine, Warm, Vibrant, Pulsating, Virlie, Seductive, Hypnotic and Intoxicating" Hmmm: Short and sweet then! The packaging depicts a jungle scene and the bottle is a dark blue cone of frosted glass.

Reviews of Havana

This smells of tobacco with oakmoss and little else to my nose, and remains like that for the duration of its life (which is incredibly strong). Sillage is moderate but leaning strong. Some people say they get bay rum and spices from this but I only detect the note of tobacco mainly with hints of oakmoss. It's a fragrance that smells better in the air than sniffed directly from the skin. It is definitely unique, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of the tobacco note. Though for some I can understand the nostalgia with it in cuban cigars. Overall it's a unique and masculine fragrance but not something I see myself reaching for often. And it doesn't smell that bad in the air, especially if layered with something with green notes. Aramis as a perfume house has been a miss for me for the most part unfortunately although I wanted to like it in theory because they make affordable masculine old-school colognes.

UPDATE: After letting this age for a month and also smelling a bunch of other tobacco colognes, I now rate this as one of the best tobacco fragrances and something quite enjoyable indeed. Whereas before this was eau de ashtray on me, I now smell a very green tobacco leaf mixed with bay rum, spices, and oakmoss. I love it now, and have increased the rating from 3.5/5 to 4.5/5.

4.5/5
03rd May, 2018 (last edited: 17th May, 2018)
Initially I was a little disappointed with Havana as I was expecting a more dominant tobacco note here..a little more earthy I guess.But I do think this is the one fragrance I truly love by Aramis...it's very mature.Tobacco but seasoned with clove here rendering it spicy and touched with tones of incense.This fragrance has just a little bit of floral and soapy lavender but it doesn't crossover into the tobacco and spice notes itself.There's something oily and slightly resinous to this kind of buttery and leaves an aftertaste of the clove on it.I'd say this was a dash of amber but it's not in the notes.

It's a good fragrance if you know what you're walking into with Havana versus hype or exaggeration.
03rd May, 2018 (last edited: 05th May, 2018)
Aramis Havana isn't how I imagined it would be from reviews on here. I imgained it would smell like Pablo escobar with guts and loud brash unapologetic notes. What I get is a very green spicey concoction, somewhere between an oakmoss scent and a classic bayrum. The strange thing is tho I hardly detect tobacco unless it's the green field type, it's also very light considering the dominant notes. I don't actually feel that this is dated either, it's perfect if you want to wear an old school classic type without smelling too dated (I'm seriously getting older lol). I think this is great for summer evenings enjoying yourself after a good shower routine. Simular to vintage paco rabanne in the far dry down..soapy and herbal, the type of fragrance I wish everyone loved.
21st February, 2018 (last edited: 26th April, 2018)
Spicy, smokey opening. It's like splashing on bay rum while trying to put out a campfire. The drydown isn't as smokey, leans more into Bay Rum territory.

A mature, old-school smell to be sure, but still has a playful side to it.
15th January, 2018
Swanky Show all reviews
Many fragrances have a long list of supposed ingredients, yet don't smell nearly as complex as the breakdown would suggest. Havana is complex; while I don't smell all of the notes listed, I do detect many and they sit in a virtual 3D relationship to one another. Primarily I get the coriander/pepper/pimento accord in the foreground. The anise and jasmine sit in the mid-range while the tobacco and myrhh hover in the background, but in focus like Alton's depth-of-field camerawork in Citizen Kane.
13th January, 2018
Blue Bongo Drum AND Gentlemen's Collection

First off, these two iterations are similar enough to one another. The price differential in the secondary market suggests otherwise, but my nose stands its ground. Next, Havana is similar enough to Montana parfum d'homme, not as much citrus through the heart but I've got to side-by-side in order to tell. (I'll 'put my money where my mouth is' as the saying goes... just PM).

They all ride a strong, sturdy backbone of bay rum. If you don't like strong spicy clove, then forget it. Citrus and tobacco may just be part of the supporting cast (as well as just about everything under the kitchen sink according to some pyramids) but it's all about a form of spicy bay rum to me.

I keep these bottles next to things like PS Fine Cologne, Shulton Old Spice, and my bay rum.
10th January, 2018

• USD $26.20
  • Listing Type: eBay Store
  • Time Left: 12 days

Member images of Havana

There are no member images of Havana yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Havana