Héritage (1992)

PackagingRobert Granai
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchGuerlain

About Héritage

Héritage is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 1992 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean Paul Guerlain. The bottle was designed by Robert Granai

Héritage fragrance notes

Reviews of Héritage

Stardate 201610104:

This is the fragrance that made me realize why this board loves Guerlain.
A great gentlemanly fragrance. The citrus, lavendar and the coriander in perfect unison. And then the guerlainy drydown.
It has similarities with Zino Davidoff vintage version.

I have tried various vintages and I think it went through bad reformulations and improved in mid 2010s. I would get the latest bottle or pre 2005.
Pre 2005 > 2015> the 6-10 years in the middle.

This can be had for under $50 online so perfect for blind buys.
04th October, 2016
This is yet another beautiful fragrance from Guerlain, of which purecaramel was kind enough to send me a sample. Straight up I get lovely fresh lavender and tangy lemon. The coriander and pepper give this a nice bite, which is softened by the violet and geranium. After it dries down, the sandalwood and amber come through, as does the musk. It’s odd, even though there’s no chocolate in this, I keep getting the tiniest wafts of it. After a while, the rose peeks out, laced with the pink pepper and a lovely soft woody note. Although this is billed as a masculine fragrance, I am happily wearing this and thoroughly enjoying it – it’s one I could easily wear again and again. It’s a surprising bundle of fresh, herbal, spicy, floral, wood, musky – wonderful!

EDIT: Holy hot dang - this smells even better on my husband! It's absolutely gorgeous on him!
10th September, 2016 (last edited: 17th September, 2016)
Spicy, smooth, more of an oriental than a chypre as far as I can tell. Comparisons to Pour Monsieur EDP are appropriate but PM has the sparseness of its genre; Heritage is more opulent. Starts off a little too much for my taste, with feminine overtones, as do many Guerlains. Settles back nicely into a complex, abstract, and reassuring base. By far my favourite pre-Wasser masculine from the house. A superb choice to accompany properly formal attire.
27th August, 2016
gimpy Show all reviews
Absolutely timeless. This is one of those scents that you cannot put a date on. It smells as if it could have came out anytime in the past 120 years.

Lavender, sour woods, patchouli, a touch of vanilla. It touches upon Zino and Bois du Portugal. Immensely classic. Smells much more expensive than what you can get it for.

Five stars.
18th July, 2016
This was my first full-bottle Guerlain purchase and I'm very pleased with the juice! From the first spray I smell lavender and citrus fruit. Once it begins to dry, the cedar + tonka + vanilla combo really starts to shine and steals the show. I love sweet scents and the tonka/vanilla base has just enough. The sweetness is more masculine than something like Original Santal from Creed, which is great, but in the hyper-sweet category. Heritage is more similar to the sweetness of YSL's M7.

I have the EDT (purchased in 2016) version of Heritage and my only gripe with it is longevity. I'd say my average lifespan is 6 hours before it becomes a skin scent. Projection is fantastic though! Easily about 4 feet. It won't overwhelm or offend.

I like to compare fragrances to food; this one makes me think of someone baking cupcakes with a cedar plank in their oven.

Smell: tonka/vanilla + cedar
Life: 6 hours
Projection: 4 feet
Overall: 9/10 stars
10th June, 2016
Heritage... Classic Guerlain... a Stunner!
A masculine very refined presence (classic Guerlain ) that thankfully is all 4 season appropriate for me. I wear the EDT or the EDP daily in a professional luxury business environment. They are extremely similar but I find the EDP longevity to 8hrs & the EDT about 6. The EDP having a bit more rounder softer notes and the EDT a tad more projection, however neither is a screamer.

Has a similar wearability to Jaipur which I really enjoy wearing in quiet romantic times. So this is a welcome addition. The compliments are few with Heritage, however I do notice the women seem to perk up and hover a closer... and a little longer when they catch a faint whiff.
I'll take that over a complement any day!
11th April, 2016 (last edited: 18th May, 2016)

Add your review of Héritage

Shop for Héritage products online

Shop for Héritage at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Héritage

Member images of Héritage

There are no member images of Héritage yet. Why not be the first?