Héritage (1992)

PackagingRobert Granai
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchGuerlain

About Héritage

Héritage is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 1992 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean Paul Guerlain. The bottle was designed by Robert Granai

Héritage fragrance notes

Reviews of Héritage

If you were to take the most rich and distinctive notes from old school fragrances and meld them perfectly into a single fragrance, you'll end up with Heritage. This is a mature fragrance that that smells like it's out of another era. Classical lavender, lemon, patchouli, cedar and vanilla, in a superb balance. It's Mad Men and Wall Street and Empire Boardwalk rolled into one. This is what I want to wear with my best suit, tie and french cuffs. Very nice.
13th May, 2015
What a shame. What a shame I come to be one of those who says "it" was way better in its hayday. What a shmae. I spent most of the mid 90's wearing only Guerlain Heritage and YSL Jazz. bottle after bottle. Until one day Heritage seemed to me to be very strong and rather massive compared with other scents I'd been sampling. So I put them aside and started wearing L'Homme. Versace pour Homme. Infusion d'Iris nad Homme, and so on, getting into the modern days of fragrances and began to build a collection. Bois du Portugal came to play its role among the Creeds. Too expensive. Parfum de Nicalai New York and Heritage seemd to be good alternatives for the dear BdP. New York arrived with a strong feeling not of Heritage/BdP but Habit Rouge. Not that I minded being a fan of the Guerlain's. Then I thought why not try Heritage again, "after so many in years in muddle... why not?" Now Heritage EDT is in my hands again. Two sprays in the forearm. Disastre. It smells like old Heritage three or four days after. The smell is almost the same, perhaps it is the same, but gone is all the luxourious, lavinsh richessness and opulence Heritage only had. It was thick as any good oriental, and now it's liquid, watery, a watercrest cologne. One thing is for sure, I might have had filled many a room with just a little Heritage. people are still coughing. But that is past now. What a shame. I think we are to blame. We and our recent obsession with bland sweet scents. I will have to get my hands on the pricey BdP.

Heritage can be worn freely now. No one will notice you.

Edit next day: well, it's not quite like that. The smell is very subtle, indeed. But longevity is very impressive. My cat really liked it and licked it all, all along my arm. So I had to wash it, and next morning there's still a strong ambery smell on me, I can smell it when I move around. It's not Heritage as it used to be but it is still a very strong scent. Be careful. Sorry.
08th May, 2015
Review for the Eau de Toilette...

This fragrance is refinement personified!

Guerlain's <i>Heritage</i> is a fragrance for those who appreciate the good things in life. It has a character unto it's own, as if taking all the best parts of the Guerlain classics and putting them into one sumptuous fragrance. It's like a perfect tailored suit, and reminds me of the smell of wool, amber, pipe tobacco and vanilla. Very refined.

I get lavender, sandalwood, vanilla, tobacco, patchouli and a hint of pink pepper. I have heard that this was supposed to be the male version of <i>Samsara</i>. I think this is definitely more conservative and certainly more masculine. It is dominated by the sandalwood note... which is rich, creamy and backed up by lavender and spices. When you first apply it gives a wonderful feeling... like relaxing into a well worn, warm leather armchair by the fire. Absolutely amazing.

If you are looking for something luxurious and refined, and full of character, and for a great price... then look no further. This is the one for you. An absolute gem! Versatile, grown up, and so utterly refined. Beautiful gorgeous stuff!
27th April, 2015
oriental patchouly with woods in the background rather linear with modest sillage and good duration
21st February, 2015
Highly refined, urbane and almost pretty; the 16th arrondissement in a bottle. The EDP is the way to go, for sure. This juice is made infrequently, and in small batches, meaning you won't smell it everywhere, and you might have to wait - it's totally worth it. A fragrance for the Gulfstream set that's available to everyone. Wonderful.
12th February, 2015
repose Show all reviews
One of the more aptly titled fragrances, as it is indeed a heritage to the house of Guerlain. Heritage is essentially the quintessential "Guerlainade" accord. No more, no less. It's enjoyable in its own right, a bit too tame perhaps, and not as compelling as other classic Guerlains, but it's charming and incredibly easy to wear.
03rd February, 2015

Add your review of Héritage

Shop for Héritage products online

Shop for Héritage at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Héritage

Member images of Héritage

There are no member images of Héritage yet. Why not be the first?