Héritage (1992)

Shop for Héritage products online

100ml EdP
    $90.33*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 54.00)

Reviews of Héritage

Showing 1 to 6 of 84 reviews.

montagne's avatar
    montagne

The springboard for this magnificent creation is the "Guerlinade" accord, which flies under the radar with several components not listed in the official count: rose, orange blossom, jasmine, sandal, iris root. These are perceptible collectively as the powdery balsamic velvet rasp found in several of the greatest.

The more overtly perceptible notes begin with the bergamot and coriander. At this stage, there are parallels to draw with Habit Rouge. However, it is never as naively fresh; never as 'gym changing room'.

The meat of the experience is richness, substance, sophistication, gentleness, permanence. Not establishment, but influential of the establishment.

Woody patchouli. Not deep powder, avalanching down the mountain, but a film of dust to be traced with a white glove.

I helped myself to 10 sprays from an airport sampler under the snow-skirt of my ski-jacket on my way to Sauze D'Oulx. A week later, the richness of the patchouli, and the dustiness of the Guerlinade, was still there on my merino wool base-layer. Merino seems to be incredible in terms of the time it takes to gain or lose smells. It is like a reservoir.

01st March, 2014

's avatar

Great in theory

The moment I spray it I get V&R 'Antidote'. It's very simple, dark and rich, but after a while all I can smell is patchouli and lavender. Boring. This is my 10th Guerlain, I gave this brand quite a chance and now it is time to move on. Samsara is amazing, I will never be without it, but I am breaking up with the rest of Guerlains (including the legendary 'Vol de Nuit' that lasts for like five seconds on skin).

Pros: Well blended
    Cons: Boring and on the verge of being trivial and cheap"

17 October, 2013

RHINORAY's avatar
    RHINORAY

CLASSIC - CLASSY - TIMELESS

It's Heritage, enough said. What can I say that hasn't been said. It's Beeeeeutiful! I love the EDP, in my TOP 5.

Pros: THE EDP HAS SUBTLE STAYING POWER
    Cons:

09 August, 2013

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

Warm masculine Oriental - Guerlain's best masculine fragrance

This is for me Guerlain's very best masculine fragrance. It has depth, subtlety, class, assurance, sophistication, elegance.

Somewhat reminiscent of the great Knize Ten in its sweetness, it is every bit as good as that classic from the 1930s, which was worn by Boyer, Chevalier, Niven and Flynn.

Heritage hardly smells like a new scent at all - it debuted in 1992 - but it does fit a certain new male prototype - Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnan, Matt Bomer - of the elegant, three piece suited, slightly dangerous gentleman, exuding crisp sensuality.

The 12 ingredients: Lemon, Bergamot, Lavender, Coriander, Pink Peppercorn, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Benzoin, Oakmoss, Tonka Bean, Orris, Vanilla.

For me it's the lavender, cedar wood, tonka bean and vanilla that stand out.

A great spicy oriental.

Pros: Perfect blend of lavender, cedarwood, tonka bean and vanilla - suave, sophisticated
    Cons: None

29 May, 2013

fan.of.devin's avatar
    fan.of.devin

Meh...

OK... I scarcely smell any of the notes this stuff is supposed to contain, just vanilla/tonka bean.
    If Le Male were reformulated to appeal to the nursing home demographic I imagine it'd come out about like this.

20th May, 2013

Gruffudd's avatar
    Gruffudd
    France France

A very masculine and elegant fragrance. c'est magnifique!

15 May, 2013