Héritage (1992)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 553 ratings

Héritage Fragrance Notes

Héritage information

Héritage is a men's fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 1992 and the bottle was designed by Robert Granai

Shop for Héritage products online

100ml EdP
    100ml EdT
    $90.33*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 54.00)

Reviews of Héritage

Showing 1 to 6 of 87 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

As a vintage lover, especially of the almighty house of Guerlain, I had quite high expectations on Héritage (1994 bottle, for the record), but... I really could not come to like it. First, the resemblance to Zino Davidoff (which I love); it is a bit similar, sure, but to me (call me heretic), Zino is way better to almost any extent. It's classier, more cozy, more versatile, more compelling, basically more "everything". Comparisons aside, I find Héritage a surprisingly "odd" scent which apparently I am unable to approach in the right way – right to appreciate it, I mean. It does not smell elegant or understated to me, but rather on the opposite side: slightly confused, almost clumsy, and for some time, even a bit cloying. There's a lot of contrasting notes creating "something" I just don't enjoy: spices, creamy woods, dense floral notes, patchouli, green notes... the result is a "full" and demanding scent, which to be honest, for at least the first hour smells too bold and not completely pleasant. After a couple of hours it finally becomes softer, more bright, more light and also more pleasant, finally refined in a bright, exotic and gentlemanly way, as some contrasts tone down and some of the notes I find a bit unpleasant vanish away – but obviously I would not really wear something I'd have to wait such long to enjoy. The good part is that it is surely modern, unpredictable and peculiar, so it may still be worth a try – I guess it's one of those scents which may either work like a charm and make the right persons smell heavenly, and become an instant complete disaster on the wrong ones (and apparently I'm one of those).

5,5-6/10

08 August, 2014

G.M.K.'s avatar

Pakistan Pakistan

Love the way it smells , pleasure folded in sandalwood , woody , sweet and soothing , absolutely mesmerizing, a scent for very special occasions only , i also find some similarities with L'Instant Guerlain which is a favorite... a must have for every perfume lover. Its a Gentleman's fragrance.

13 July, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

There's a reason Héritage is a staple in so many Basenotes wardrobes. The lavender and bergamot opening may not be novel, but it's extremely well done. Sweet spices, floral notes, vanilla and a bit of amber well up very quickly in a classical and refined sweet oriental blend. As it nears its heart, Héritage comes as close to the rich oriental texture of Patou pour Homme as any scent I know. This is most true when a recognizable, though unobtrusive, black pepper note comes into play. I detect cinnamon as well, and also some sandalwood in the foundation.

As I wear it Héritage also reveals a beautifully balanced rose note that rubs up affectionately against the sweet spicy base. The composition is multifaceted, yet not oppressively heavy or dark. A slowly moving three-way volley between vanilla seasoned florals, spices, and smooth, smooth woods characterizes this scent's progression. In the end, the rich wood and vanilla base flirts with lingering spices in a luxurious extended drydown. Cultured, confident, yet never bombastic, Héritage is one of those special scents that every fragrance lover ought to try.

15 June, 2014

montagne's avatar

The springboard for this magnificent creation is the "Guerlinade" accord, which flies under the radar with several components not listed in the official count: rose, orange blossom, jasmine, sandal, iris root. These are perceptible collectively as the powdery balsamic velvet rasp found in several of the greatest.

The more overtly perceptible notes begin with the bergamot and coriander. At this stage, there are parallels to draw with Habit Rouge. However, it is never as naively fresh; never as 'gym changing room'.

The meat of the experience is richness, substance, sophistication, gentleness, permanence. Not establishment, but influential of the establishment.

Woody patchouli. Not deep powder, avalanching down the mountain, but a film of dust to be traced with a white glove.

I helped myself to 10 sprays from an airport sampler under the snow-skirt of my ski-jacket on my way to Sauze D'Oulx. A week later, the richness of the patchouli, and the dustiness of the Guerlinade, was still there on my merino wool base-layer. Merino seems to be incredible in terms of the time it takes to gain or lose smells. It is like a reservoir.

01st March, 2014

's avatar

Great in theory

The moment I spray it I get V&R 'Antidote'. It's very simple, dark and rich, but after a while all I can smell is patchouli and lavender. Boring. This is my 10th Guerlain, I gave this brand quite a chance and now it is time to move on. Samsara is amazing, I will never be without it, but I am breaking up with the rest of Guerlains (including the legendary 'Vol de Nuit' that lasts for like five seconds on skin).

Pros: Well blended
    Cons: Boring and on the verge of being trivial and cheap"

17 October, 2013

RHINORAY's avatar

CLASSIC - CLASSY - TIMELESS

It's Heritage, enough said. What can I say that hasn't been said. It's Beeeeeutiful! I love the EDP, in my TOP 5.

Pros: THE EDP HAS SUBTLE STAYING POWER
    Cons:

09 August, 2013

Add your review of Héritage

• Time Left: 4 days
    HERITAGE DE GUERLAIN EAU DE TOILETTE EDT SPRAY (1.7 OZ.) BY GUERLAIN *VINTAGE*
    • Time Left: 27 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Heritage De Guerlain Men Miniature Mini Perfume Splash EDT 0.13 oz/ 4 ml Unboxed
    • Listing Type: Auction