Hugo (1995)

HouseHugo Boss
SupplierCreations Aromatiques
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > Eurocos

About Hugo

Distinctive bottle, shaped like a water flask. A refreshing fragrance, pale blue in colour. Other fragrances by Boss in the Hugo range include 'Hugo Woman' and 'Hugo Dark Blue'.

Reviews of Hugo

This is an amazing scent still to this day IMO. I have had a bottle of this in my collection since it came out in 1995. I believe this was the Hugo house attempt at Creeds GIT. GIT is more of a gentleman's scent. Boss was going for the 20 and 30 year old crowd with this juice. Some of my friends call it a "frat boy" fragrance. I find that to be an insult. The note tree for this is extensive but to my nose it is well constructed and a pleasure to wear. I find it a great spring / summer scent and doesn't disappoint with longevity on my skin. A solid 8 hours on me. After 20 years still puts a smile on my face when I wear it. Enjoy!
19th May, 2016
One of my earliest purchases and at the time a good one; however, as my collection expands I'm not fond of it anymore. Supposed to be a fresh, classy fragrance but these days it just smells like a slightly richer cousin of CK One to me - citrus but with a sour note and doesn't last long at all. Not terrible but not one I'd purchase again.
16th May, 2016
This is a very fresh, pleasing and inoffensive fragrance suitable for almost all seasons and all occasions but mostly for casual wear in spring and summer.

The opening of the fragrance is a fresh, green and clean aroma followed by smooth floral notes.
The lavender note in this fragrance is much more toward it's floral nature and it has an airy floral and soft clean/soapy vibe. mint also gives this fresh start a green feel and with help of some citruses, increases the freshness of the scent.
Overall feeling of the scent is fresh, clean, green, bitter, aromatic and cold breeze kind of like smell which is nice but also it does smell very familiar and generic!

As time passes by, I'm getting pretty the same smell but now less fresh and green and a little more bitter with kind of mellow smoky aura. I don't know if there is incense in this fragrance or it's synthetic cedar (Iso E Super) note that creates this bitter woody and kind of smoky vibe but it's there and I can feel it. no changes till the end.

Projection is above average and good and longevity is around 4-6 hours depends on your skin and the season that you're wearing it.
12th February, 2016
I used to wear it in my 20ties and I used to get a lot of compliments with it.

But it bored me after a while and I think the formulation has been modified by more synthetic ingredients.

It think it's more suitable for young people and beginner noses.

Pass!

Forgettable 5,5/10
15th August, 2015
Classic....tons of character and plenty of fruit and charm. This is probably the scent i've owned that has had most complements. Thank you Hugo!
06th March, 2015
Tmoran Show all reviews
I really like this one. To me there is nothing artificial about it. In a sense nearly every frag is going to be artificial. How often in life will you encounter any combination of smells from any one fragrance at once? Never. If someone cant complain its artificial then they will complain its linear. IMHO HUGO by Hugo Boss is a classic that should be revered and put up there with Fahrenheit, ADG, and cool water. Just because a fragrance is older doesnt mean it isnt any good. There is a reason this has been in production for nearly 20 years. I dont think this is for the younger generation though. There is a lot going on. This seems to contradict the hugo marketing but I would say this is a great staple for someone in their mid to late 30's who grew up when this scent was created. What I love the most is that I get something different every time I wear it. And to my nose it is plenty strong with great projection and it gets a lot of compliments.
13th April, 2014

Add your review of Hugo

Shop for Hugo products online

Shop for Hugo at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Hugo

Member images of Hugo

There are no member images of Hugo yet. Why not be the first?