Hugo (1995)

SupplierCreations Aromatiques
PackagingLutz Herrmann
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > Eurocos

About Hugo

Distinctive bottle, shaped like a water flask. A refreshing fragrance, pale blue in colour. Other fragrances by Boss in the Hugo range include 'Hugo Woman' and 'Hugo Dark Blue'.

Reviews of Hugo

Very pleasant leather and pungent citrus scent from Hugo Boss!

“Hugo” feels friendly and safe, fit for informal occasions. It has a warm, masculine sensation that stays pleasant to the very end (it doesn’t last too long on me, though).

Great go-to scent for on-the-go casual occasions. Unbelievable number of fragrance notes in this one, but it doesn’t smell contrived nor synthetic…just smooth and predictable. Invictus Aqua really resembles this.

The intense version is even nicer, taking what's so nice about Hugo and turbocharging it!
20th April, 2017
This scent evoked rebellion when I wore it. Even the people around me felt the same about me seeming rebellious and I got negative service from people in the service industry.

I can't wear this scent and be taken seriously.
29th November, 2016
This is an amazing scent still to this day IMO. I have had a bottle of this in my collection since it came out in 1995. I believe this was the Hugo house attempt at Creeds GIT. GIT is more of a gentleman's scent. Boss was going for the 20 and 30 year old crowd with this juice. Some of my friends call it a "frat boy" fragrance. I find that to be an insult. The note tree for this is extensive but to my nose it is well constructed and a pleasure to wear. I find it a great spring / summer scent and doesn't disappoint with longevity on my skin. A solid 8 hours on me. After 20 years still puts a smile on my face when I wear it. Enjoy!
19th May, 2016
One of my earliest purchases and at the time a good one; however, as my collection expands I'm not fond of it anymore. Supposed to be a fresh, classy fragrance but these days it just smells like a slightly richer cousin of CK One to me - citrus but with a sour note and doesn't last long at all. Not terrible but not one I'd purchase again.
16th May, 2016
This is a very fresh, pleasing and inoffensive fragrance suitable for almost all seasons and all occasions but mostly for casual wear in spring and summer.

The opening of the fragrance is a fresh, green and clean aroma followed by smooth floral notes.
The lavender note in this fragrance is much more toward it's floral nature and it has an airy floral and soft clean/soapy vibe. mint also gives this fresh start a green feel and with help of some citruses, increases the freshness of the scent.
Overall feeling of the scent is fresh, clean, green, bitter, aromatic and cold breeze kind of like smell which is nice but also it does smell very familiar and generic!

As time passes by, I'm getting pretty the same smell but now less fresh and green and a little more bitter with kind of mellow smoky aura. I don't know if there is incense in this fragrance or it's synthetic cedar (Iso E Super) note that creates this bitter woody and kind of smoky vibe but it's there and I can feel it. no changes till the end.

Projection is above average and good and longevity is around 4-6 hours depends on your skin and the season that you're wearing it.
12th February, 2016
I used to wear it in my 20ties and I used to get a lot of compliments with it.

But it bored me after a while and I think the formulation has been modified by more synthetic ingredients.

It think it's more suitable for young people and beginner noses.

Pass!

Forgettable 5,5/10
15th August, 2015

Add your review of Hugo

Shop for Hugo products online

Shop for Hugo at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Hugo

Member images of Hugo

There are no member images of Hugo yet. Why not be the first?