Index Red Currant Basil (1998)
    by Fresh

• Launched: 1998
    • Type: Shared / Unisex / Unspecified
    • Availability: In Production
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Reviews of Index Red Currant Basil

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

What a blah scent! It is so bland and inoffensive that it is hard to get worked up one way or another about it. It is a little bit sweet, but not heavy or cloying. There are powdery soft notes, and something vaguely liked lemon candy. Not a lot going on here. Where are the notes of basil, currant leaf, wood? There’s not even much fruit. This is almost a non-scent.

23 March, 2010

ThruSmoke's avatar
    ThruSmoke

My signature fragrance. Always gets tons of compliments. Like putting on a favorite cashmere sweater. Feels familiar and luxurious at the same time.

03 November, 2009

flaming_june0101's avatar
    flaming_june0101

Sometimes I like it, other times, I just can't get the thought of smelling like Lemonheads out of my mind. Either way, I agree with tmp: go sparingly, it definitely packs a punch. I'm just not sure how I feel about it yet.

07 June, 2006

tmp's avatar
    tmp

My first foray into Fresh's Index line: I was instanly hooked. A perpetual summer classic for me; one I never fail to be complimented upon. But be warned: Fresh's scents tend to have quite a bit of sillage, far more than you would think. Go sparingly.

14 March, 2006

Connoisseur's avatar
    Connoisseur

Redcurrant Basil is yet another hit from the people at Fresh. The luscious fruits are what dominate this fragrance and the pomegranate note is just wonderful. I've never smelled the likes of this one. The top notes smell very tropical to me while the dry down is very clean, fresh, warm and musky. Many notes stand out in Redcurrant Basil and mix wonderfully together as this is such a wonderfully well-blended fragrance. Fruits, leaves, basil, rose and warm musk -- this one is awesome! I'm beginning to fall in love with Fresh!
    Top Notes: Italian Lemon, Kumquat, Moroccan Basil