Inis (1998)

Year of Launch1998

HouseFragrances of Ireland
PerfumerArthur Burnham

About Inis

This fragrance was inspired by the waters of the Atlantic Ocean on the west coast of Ireland. The name 'Inis' is the Irish word for Island. The bottle's cap represents two pebbles on a beach.
This unisex fragrance is ideal for fans of 'Issey' who want a change. It's reasonably priced too

Inis fragrance notes

Reviews of Inis

kitsch Show all reviews
Fresh and refreshing - another great scent for reviving a flagging soul on a sultry day. Very well-priced too. A trip to the seaside when you can't take time off!
26th May, 2010
Not bad at all!

Eau d'Issey... oh boy. I find the smell to have admirable qualities, but it quickly becomes cloying and it's not something I could wear. I do see the similarities drawn here between Inis and Eau d'Issey, but this offering by Fragrances of Ireland is quite a bit easier to swallow (or smell, in this case).

I was rather surprised by "Inis" ... a rather palatable fragrance, cool, refreshing, aquatic. I detect the muguet very easily, and I can see how the other notes build upon it. I get what almost feels like an anise node, mixed among the aquatic accord.

I wouldn't say I'm the hugest fan of aquatic scents. Creed's Erolfa doesn't do it for me. L'Artisan's Navegar does, with the interplay of lime, greens, anise, pepper, and the aquatic note. Similarly, this one appeals to me. It's not quite as risque or quirky as L'Artisan (but really, who is?), but it is perfectly enjoyable. And at around US $35 a bottle, it's a steal. Definitely something I'll be buying a bottle of.
11th February, 2010
MOONB Show all reviews
I used to spend my summers in Ireland and sometimes a few weeks in the winter, and always saw this for sale and smelled it in hotels here and there - I think it is more popular with tourists than natives, but it is a nice, somewhat weak aquatic scent. If you're averse to strong smells and just want something very light and clean, this is for you, but don't expect it to last beyond an hour or two tops.
19th December, 2009
Unfortunately, the "energy of the sea” (their phrase) has no sea smell. The spray bottle has an acrylic cap. Called a “cologne,” but is weak even for an after-shave. Lasts a very short while (1.5 to 2 hours on me). 6-8 sprays needed for effect. Smells a bit like CK One to me, but not as good. If you want a good sea/marine fragrance, try Mare, Aqua Motu, or Oltre.
14th July, 2009
While I LOVE this scent, I cannot wear it. My sister gave this to me two years ago and I keep trying to wear it every couple of months because it smells so wonderful. I feel like it is slightly too masculine for me, with that being would drive me wild on my if only he would wear it:)
02nd July, 2009
I just purchased this fragrance recently and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It smells exactly like Issey Miyake's 'L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme, but lighter and with less tang" to it; the lemon and marine top notes are clean, fresh and crisp while the woody-clove dry-down make it a perfectly masculine scent. It is an easy scent to wear whether to the office, on the weekends or a casual night on the town. I highly recommend this fragrance!
11th September, 2008

Add your review of Inis

Shop for Inis products online

Search Amazon for Inis

Member images of Inis

There are no member images of Inis yet. Why not be the first?