Inis (1998)

Year of Launch1998

HouseFragrances of Ireland
PerfumerArthur Burnham

About Inis

This fragrance was inspired by the waters of the Atlantic Ocean on the west coast of Ireland. The name 'Inis' is the Irish word for Island. The bottle's cap represents two pebbles on a beach.  This unisex fragrance is ideal for fans of 'Issey' who want a change. It's reasonably priced too.

Inis fragrance notes

Reviews of Inis

Diddy Show all reviews
I own a bottle circa 1999. This doesn’t get a whole lot of love on BN. The ‘99 bottle I have has some actual oakmoss deep down in it. This fragrance does mimic a salty sea note (calone? Beware) mixed with citruses and a touch of neroli up front. Becomes salty sea, citrus, musk, hint of nutmeg, and a hint of moss. Goes on a bit searing and synthetic but dries salty citrusy nice. I understand why some call it ‘Eau d’Issey’ as it does present that kind of vibe. I’m always complimented when I wear it. Works best in the blistering heat, but enough going on that I’ve worn it successfully in cooler weather. The new(er) version of this is nearly a chemical mess comparatively to the older and smells like it was put together by a bath and body outlet (read: bargain bin decent but cheap smelling). Worth sticking in a wardrobe for a wear a few times a year but nothing to view as a unicorn or something you’re really missing out on. Look for it priced inexpensively. One could argue to just go easy on the trigger with Issey Miyake, and the simple fact I’m mentioning it in the same paragraph is perhaps the greatest compliment I could give it. It’s a 6 hour fragrance on my skin. For what it is, 7/10. Ok, my sales pitch is one and done over.
16th April, 2019
kitsch Show all reviews
Fresh and refreshing - another great scent for reviving a flagging soul on a sultry day. Very well-priced too. A trip to the seaside when you can't take time off!
26th May, 2010
Not bad at all!

Eau d'Issey... oh boy. I find the smell to have admirable qualities, but it quickly becomes cloying and it's not something I could wear. I do see the similarities drawn here between Inis and Eau d'Issey, but this offering by Fragrances of Ireland is quite a bit easier to swallow (or smell, in this case).

I was rather surprised by "Inis" ... a rather palatable fragrance, cool, refreshing, aquatic. I detect the muguet very easily, and I can see how the other notes build upon it. I get what almost feels like an anise node, mixed among the aquatic accord.

I wouldn't say I'm the hugest fan of aquatic scents. Creed's Erolfa doesn't do it for me. L'Artisan's Navegar does, with the interplay of lime, greens, anise, pepper, and the aquatic note. Similarly, this one appeals to me. It's not quite as risque or quirky as L'Artisan (but really, who is?), but it is perfectly enjoyable. And at around US $35 a bottle, it's a steal. Definitely something I'll be buying a bottle of.
11th February, 2010
MOONB Show all reviews
I used to spend my summers in Ireland and sometimes a few weeks in the winter, and always saw this for sale and smelled it in hotels here and there - I think it is more popular with tourists than natives, but it is a nice, somewhat weak aquatic scent. If you're averse to strong smells and just want something very light and clean, this is for you, but don't expect it to last beyond an hour or two tops.
19th December, 2009
Unfortunately, the "energy of the sea” (their phrase) has no sea smell. The spray bottle has an acrylic cap. Called a “cologne,” but is weak even for an after-shave. Lasts a very short while (1.5 to 2 hours on me). 6-8 sprays needed for effect. Smells a bit like CK One to me, but not as good. If you want a good sea/marine fragrance, try Mare, Aqua Motu, or Oltre.
14th July, 2009
While I LOVE this scent, I cannot wear it. My sister gave this to me two years ago and I keep trying to wear it every couple of months because it smells so wonderful. I feel like it is slightly too masculine for me, with that being said...it would drive me wild on my husband...now if only he would wear it:)
02nd July, 2009

Add your review of Inis

Shop for Inis products online

Fragrances from Ireland INIS Roll On Perfume Energy of the Sea 0.27 Fluid Oz.

End Date: Friday Apr-26-2019 8:19:50 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $18.00

Inis Energy of the Sea Cologne Spray (50ml) New

End Date: Sunday Apr-28-2019 2:37:01 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $41.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

INIS Energy of The Sea Cologne Spray 50ml/1.7 fl. oz Rare Sealed Vintage Formula

End Date: Sunday Apr-28-2019 11:10:54 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $40.00

INIS THE ENERGY OF THE SEA BATH & SHOWER GEL 7.0 OZ

End Date: Sunday Apr-28-2019 16:57:35 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $30.00

Inis Fragrances Of Ireland The Energy of The Sea Cologne Spray, 1.7 Fluid Ounce

End Date: Monday Apr-29-2019 5:29:20 PDT
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Inis Energy of the Sea Fragrance Ireland Cologne Perfume Sample Size Spray Innis

Buy It Now for only: $5.99

Inis the Energy of the Sea Cologne Spray, 3.3 Fluid Ounce

End Date: Monday Apr-29-2019 17:12:13 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $68.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

INIS ENERGY OF THE SEA BY FRAGRANCES OF IRELAND 3.3 OZ.COLOGNE.SP.SEALED SKU2245

Buy It Now for only: $51.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

INIS THE ENERGY OF THE SEA BY FRAGRANCES OF IRELAND 1.0 OZ.COLOGNE SP.(sku:2365)

Buy It Now | Add to watch list

INIS ENERGY OF THE SEA BY FRAGRANCES OF IRELAND 1.7 OZ.COLOGNE SPRAY NIB sku2244

Buy It Now for only: $45.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

INIS the energy of the sea TRAVELER DUO SET COLOGNE SPRAY, BODY LOTION (SKU5343)

End Date: Tuesday Apr-30-2019 8:03:24 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $20.95

Member images of Inis

There are no member images of Inis yet. Why not be the first?