JF (1993)

JF information

Year of Launch1993

HouseFloris

About JF

The eponymous fragrance of Juan Famenias Floris, this signature men's fragrance has a vibrant, engaging, and gregarious character. A lively blend of zesty citrus notes invigorates and refreshes, a long lasting fragrance full of Floris flavour.

JF fragrance notes

Reviews of JF

I was very keen to try this, not least as I currently have the shower gel and that is superb: orange, musk, slightly sweet, slghtly woody. Sadly, when decanting my sample of the EDT into an atomiser, I ended up de fact wearing it for a while and I am afraid that the scent is rather different: definitely a GIT/CW clone. As I am not a fan of either of those scents, JF fails to make a mark on me. I suppose you might see it if you want to save a little money on GIT, but I just can't shake the memory of the shower gel and what could have been.
25th August, 2018
Closer to Truefitt and Hill's Freshman than Davidoff's Cool Water. Almost a fragrance that bridges the two but definitely dries down to a muted version of Freshman. Not an unpleasant fragrance by any stretch. This was introduced several years after Cool Water hit the market and, if dates are true a LONG time after Freshman which dates its origins back to 1805!

I would say there is a resemblance to Green Irish Tweed of course but not as near as Freshman.

I think it's perfectly nice but I wouldn't spend the £70+ on it as it is doesn't stand alone far enough to warrant the price.

Cool Water isn't what it used to be and Green Irish Tweed, tremendous though it is remains exclusively expensive. Out of the four, I'd recommend you save yourself some money and go for Freshman. It offers a bit of them all at a much friendlier price!
10th June, 2015
Disappointing fragrance.

What a disappointment this one is: Iím not sure if itís like Green Irish Tweed or Cool Water, but whichever, JF opens with a fresh note that to me smells more synthetic than either GIT or CW or whatever. I was so not expecting such a synthetic accord from a Floris fragrance, I began the test three times: the first two times I left off thinking "Floris canít possibly be this plastic.." After that, each time I smelled the exact same synthetic so I accepted that it was the Florisís intention, not my aberration. The openingís citrus doesnít help the opening very much Ė the fresh note overwhelms any naturalness the citrus might offer and the aquatics (synthetics) are just too dominant to my nose. By the time I get to the middle accords, I find the cypress is not mixing well with the other notes, and its green is adding to the problem caused by the fresh notes that occurred before. The amber poking through from the base eventually begins to lessen the impact of the fresh scent, but too little, too lateÖ By the time I get to the base, I do smell some woods and more amber in a very weak accord, and I feel that the base is simply incompetent. My final sniff of JF presents a weak woods / amber accord with the synthetic fresh note still polluting everything. I have a feeling (that I've never been able to prove) that there might be good things going on underneath that determined synthetic note. This is a huge disappointment from Floris.

Pros: Good longevity.
Cons: Annoying synthetic note runs all the way through it."

19th September, 2013
jcw122 Show all reviews
Old Spice + Nouveau Bowery?

Initial application, this is an interesting but strange scent. Smells like a mix between a strong, generic men's fragrance and the lime/popsicle/sparkley notes of a fresh/citrus fragrance. And maybe some sort of detergent smell too. I don't think it's a very good combination, and the notes aren't well integrated. It really reminds me of something a man in his 40s/50s might wear who has bad taste.

After drying down a bit, the notes begin to mix better, and smell more natural. Still not a big fan.

Pros: Good projection
Cons: Individual notes poorly mixed"

15th July, 2013
anti-perfume

I am writing this review based on my experience from JF in the light blue package. It may be a reformulation, but this fragrance is just a BIG and costly disappointment! It starts with a floral citrus accord that is very fine but so weak that I thought that something was wrong with me so I went back and sprayed some more (5 times). To no good! 5 minutes after application JF stays so close to the skin that I can't believe that I have used a fragrance at all. Such poor performance I would never have expected from such a praised fragrance maker. Maybe next time I would need to shower in it (although for the asking price this should would be highly wasteful). Sorry FLORIS but based on JF and LIMES that I have tried I can honestly say that I am not interested in you any more ... no matter how old and accomplished perfume house you may be.

Pros: very promising!
Cons: 5 minutes after application is becomes a skin scent!

01st June, 2013
drseid Show all reviews
JF opens with a citrus tandem of orange and lemon (more orange than lemon), with just hints of aromatic green herbal mugwort to add some balance to the citrus. As the fragrance enters its heart, the citrus recedes to a small degree, while the mugwort remains now combining with just slightly sweet amber. As the fragrance enters the early dry-down the amber continues to build coupling with a subtle woody accord, but the fragrance retains its general aromatic herbal citric nature through the end. Projection is below average and longevity is average at 7-8 hours on skin.

JF (and the house of Floris in general) was my first foray into the niche area, and was a favorite of mine for many years thereafter garnering many, many wearings. I don't wear it often anymore as my collection and tastes have both expanded, but I still enjoy and appreciate its charms every time I wear it. JF is frequently compared to fragrances like Green Irish Tweed by Creed and while I understand the comparison JF is really a different scent with more of an herbal citrus focus over a woody amber base, and those already owning GIT should not hesitate to also give JF a try as it has charms and appeal of its own. After further review all these years later, JF will always have a home in my collection, earning a "very good" rating of 3.5 stars out of 5. Thanks for the memories...
28th April, 2013

Add your review of JF

Shop for JF products online

Shop for JF at online perfumeries

Floris London JF 3.4oz_100ml Eau De Toilette Spray Men EDT Cologne Fragrance

Floris JF by Floris Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz For Men

End Date: Monday Apr-22-2019 1:52:24 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $91.65
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Floris JF by Floris London for Men 8.5 oz Moisturising Bath Shower Gel Brand New

End Date: Monday Apr-22-2019 21:43:53 PDT

Floris London JF Eau de Toilette 100ml / 3.4 Fl Oz Spray

End Date: Wednesday May-1-2019 0:38:19 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $160.15
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Floris JF by Floris Eau De Toilette Spray 1.7 oz / 50 ml (Men)

End Date: Wednesday May-1-2019 3:11:49 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $116.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Floris JF by Floris Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz / 100 ml (Men)

End Date: Wednesday May-1-2019 3:11:52 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $139.36

Member images of JF

There are no member images of JF yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to JF