Jack Black Signature Silver Mark (2001)
    by Jack Black

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 36 ratings

Jack Black Signature Silver Mark Fragrance Notes

Jack Black Signature Silver Mark information

A Sophisticated woody fougère fragrance to complement the Jack Black men's grooming range. Contains notes of lavender and patchouli. Originally called 'Signature' but the name was changed in 2005.

Shop for Jack Black Signature Silver Mark products online

Reviews of Jack Black Signature Silver Mark

Showing 1 to 6 of 11 reviews.
    positive 8 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

MNSnowman's avatar

Good all-round scent for work, social events, etc. Smells clean without being soapy. The wood notes really speak to me and my wife.

21st May, 2011

holyzoo's avatar

Silver Mark gets going in a great direction, but then it turns wrong on me. It leaves big note gaps in the middle and has me sniffing to find the rest, only to find that "it" is not there. This week I finally made an olfactory connection and realized that there is an accord that is similar to Zirh Ikon. However, Ikon has a genius array of notes that completely satisfies and mesmerizes. Of course Silver Mark isn't meant to be the sensation Ikon is, and I realize that's what I want out of it. I was happy knowing I have a big bottle of Ikon and now I don't need Silver Mark. If I wanted more woods in my Ikon, I'd layer it on top of Black Mark at this point since I have a bottle of it.

06 March, 2010

Bigsly's avatar

This is not a "newbie" fragrance. It took me quite a while to appreciate the dark depth this possesses. I don't get much of the cardamom, perhaps because it is blended with the bergamot. In any case, I think this causes it to have a "bright" quality that plays off the dark base. There is also a dry herbal quality, though I don't get any strong woody notes. The patchouli is very interesting to me here, probably because I haven't come across this kind of combination. Oscar Pour Lui also has a deep, dark base, but it's more floral, and it doesn't have the bright accord that this one does. I'm not sure I really enjoy this fragrance all that much, though I do appreciate it as a composition. Only time will tell if my tastes change and I begin to enjoy wearing this one. If you want something similar but even stronger and more "niche"-like, then Encre Noire may be for you.

23 August, 2009

derango1's avatar

I really like this scent, it reminds me of clean laundry for some reason. However, it seems to be really strong on me so I need less than my normal amount of sprays. 1 on the chest, 1 split between wrists, and just a slight squeeze behind the ears/neck. Other than that, incredibly pleased with it. Give it a try.

26 November, 2008

odysseusm's avatar

This is a powerful scent – I wouldn’t want it to be any more assertive! It presents itself as very clean and airy, and yet also bold. Definitely masculine, since it is aromatic and dry. The opening salvo has pungent lavender, peppery spices and some green herbal notes. These move into a light wood chord. If cypress is done well, it has a pleasingly haunting quality; and that is true here. My reservation is with the patchouli. It is not sweet or heavy (thankfully), but it is pungent and creates a kind of ‘fresh’ edgy quality that sometimes is a bit tiresome to my nose. I’ll give this thumbs up, but I’m not crazy about it. Actually, now that I think about it, the spices and patchouli remind me of Rive Gauche for Men. This is very much like that, I think. They both have bollocks.

15 August, 2008

tvlampboy's avatar

Dry, patchouli-laden fougère that really stands out among the JB products I've sampled. If you're a fan of Heritage and/or Cacharel pour Homme, you'll want to give this one a fair shake.

JB Signature almost has an Eighties powerhouse feel about it -- very bold and masculine and not at all what you'd expect from a frag created less than a decade ago.

17 April, 2008