Ja´pur Homme (1997)

HouseBoucheron
PerfumerAnnick Menardo
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Ja´pur Homme

A very refined oriental scent

Ja´pur Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Ja´pur Homme

This perfume has the ability to transport me to far and exotic lands.
In my opinion it captures the spices and flavors of Northern India, where the city of Jaipur is located. Although I have never been in there, wearing this makes me wish I was there. Maybe some day, who knows, but in the meanwhile I just have to be content and satisfied with the feeling I get with this beautiful perfume.
Longevity and sillage are very good indeed.
04th April, 2015
I have the EdT and get a light cream and bergamot opening followed by cinnamon and nutmeg, as time goes by I notice the cardamom. After a while I can detect some light floral's within the light talcum powder scent, everything is balanced just right. As I said very nice indeed.

The scent is light and soft and spicy and a little powdery in a light talcum powder way. Now the amazing thing about this fragrance is when it changes from the midnotes to the drydown the scent goes from very nice to totally MAGNIFICENT.

And this is all down to the wonderful captivating vanilla scent that smells quite regal. That change from a soft spicy scent to the amazing vanilla is quite dramatic. And the reason is it almost makes it smell like a different scent, almost.

A big thumbs up from me and I am going to have to get the Edp as well.
20th January, 2015
I will try and find time to write a more detailed review later, but I just want to thanks the Basenotes reviewers who contributed to make me decide to get this great timeless classical fragrance!

I blind bought it recently (EDP) and I am so glad I did! It is already one of my prefered fragrances and I would not be surprised if it becomes my prefered one.

I like its floral accords well blended with earthy, green, incense and woody ones. Maybe its unisex quality and very discrete sweetness contribute to make it so mystical to me? The fragrance reminds me of the incense smells we sometimes encounter in yoga and meditation centers and in New Age little boutiques.

I hope that I will find time later to better review this great classical and mystical fragrance!
31st December, 2014
I own the Eau de Parfum version of Jaipur. It is a classical beauty and deserves to be classified as ELEGANT and MASCULINE. It's Oriental notes are absolutely magnificent. Jaipur lasts a long time on my skin and I love that. I usually wear it for special occasions. I love it that much!
18th November, 2014
A few years ago this was my all time favorite oriental - warm, spicy, amber/vanilla. It even had beaten out Opium as my top ranker.

Then, its chemistry with my skin totally fell apart. Suddenly, all I got was a sharp and bitter aldehydic bergamot blast that was most unpleasant. It's not my nose, because on my spouse, it still smells as wonderful as it used to on me. (I passed the remaining 2/3 of the bottle on to him and it's one of his all time favorites now.)

Odd how that self perception of the scent on my own skin changed, so that I can no longer wear it. This situation bears no relation to my still objective opinion of its superiority in the male oriental family.

The gorgeous bottle is a classic and a keeper.

If you love orientals, you owe it to yourself to at least try this.
09th November, 2014
Another one of those 'much better than it should be' relatively inexpensive fragrances, this is a really rather excellent masculine oriental. The only disappointing thing is that opening notes vanish so quickly that you barely have time to notice them, but then a long-lasting amber-cinnamon-vanilla centre takes over. I'm not a huge vanilla fan and so I prefer how balanced the vanilla is with the spice, unlike many recent niche compositions which can leave one smelling like a teenage girl. Despite the spice the scent isn't too forward and stays pretty close to the skin. The clove basenote takes time to come through and isn't as prominent as in say, Dunhill Edition. This one is a regular for me.
15th September, 2014

Add your review of Ja´pur Homme

Shop for Ja´pur Homme products online

Shop for Ja´pur Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Ja´pur Homme

Member images of Ja´pur Homme

There are no member images of Ja´pur Homme yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Ja´pur Homme