Ja´pur Homme (1997)

HouseBoucheron
PerfumerAnnick Menardo
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Ja´pur Homme

A very refined oriental scent

Ja´pur Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Ja´pur Homme

Ja´pur Homme EDT blends the European gentleman's floral masculine with a heavy dose of exoticism, and, commendably, this Annick Menardo creation does not feel like a caricature, but more subtly and seamlessly blends French and Indian influences.

Ja´pur Homme feels altogether sophisticated, but not stodgy or rigid. It has a relaxed air that makes this more appropriate for everyday wear than the "powdered wig" aesthetics of the prior Boucheron pour Homme.

It opens with citrus (and if you get it in the first few seconds, it's so sharp as to feel almost antiseptic), but it quickly takes a backseat a the spice-and-floral blend takes center stage. Vanilla and tonka (more tonka than vanilla, to my nose) helps anchor the spices and florals here, but in the EDT it's neither heavy nor intensely sweet, more of a blending agent than an actual force.

Among affordable gentleman's scents with a "barbershop vanilla" backbone, Ja´pur Homme EDT is not quite Guerlain-grade in complexity and artistry, but it's also more wearable, I think, than any of the Guerlains to which it might reasonably be compared, and the immaculately blended spices give it a unique appeal.
02nd May, 2020
Andrew Tudose, 34, Waterloo, Ontario
Rating: 10/10
Rating of the Jaipur Homme EDP 100ml by Boucheron
Production Date: May 2019

Hey everyone, this is my first review here on basenotes.com so I hope it does this cologne justice after reading some of the other great reviews here in the forum.

After watching a handful of video reviews for this cologne on YouTube, I decided to buy it blind through FragranceX.com which I've done a few other times for some other highly rated fragrances.
I sprayed this a few times on my hand and wrist earlier today, and after letting it dry down for the last couple of hours, I have to say that this stuff is really special and may actually be a masterpiece. It opens up really fresh and spicy and then transitions into this rich, creamy and powdery scent that's really unique and really smooth for lack of a better term. My girlfriend was in our home office on her laptop earlier, and shortly after I sprayed it I hear, "What the hell did you just spray?!" (By the way, she also gave it at 10 out of 10 as well after asking her to rate it).
Now I'm not going to go into all the notes of this fragrance as I always feel that you have to let your own nose be the teacher and judge, but I have to say that there are no rough edges with this stuff and it's as pleasing a cologne as you're going to find on the market today in my personal opinion.
The best way to describe Jaipur Homme would be, YSL's Opium Pour Homme EDP meets a high-end French Barbershop. For those of you who haven't tried the EDP version of Opium Pour Homme, I would highly recommend it. I found a 50ml from Spain for $180 CAD and it's definitely worth every penny. (But that's a review for another time).
This is a more sophisticated fragrance that I would recommend to a man in his mid-twenties or older, although it could still be worn by older high school and college students if they're dressed well and have the right swag to pull it off. All in all, I would have to say that this cologne is really close to a perfect cologne and you can safely buy it blind due to some of the surprisingly low prices that you can find online for the 100ml. (I paid 60 CAD for my bottle).
To give you an idea of my personal taste in fragrances, I'm a big fan of the YSL Opiums (EDT and EDP), Tom Ford's Oud Wood, Creed's Aventus and The Dreamer by Versace (to name a few), and I can easily say that this cologne can go toe-to-toe with any of those heavy hitters any day of the week. Hope you guys enjoyed this review and I look forward to writing many more in the future.

What are your thoughts on this fragrance?

Andrew Tudose

04th April, 2020 (last edited: 25th April, 2020)
This review is for the EDP version.

This fragrance sits quite neatly alongside two others that instantly spring to mind. The first is Givenchy Pi, the other is Rochas Man.

Whilst Rochas Man has less weight in the lower notes of the fragrance there are obvious similarities. It sits closer to Givenchy Pi in my view and dare I say, this is actually better done and I think it has to do with the Clove which whilst not blatant, augments the Vanilla note very nicely and gives Jaipur a slightly better refined/defined feel. The Clove in fact gives a Patchouli type aspect to the scent.

I'm aware the previous paragraph is perhaps worded a little loftily but it really is the best way I can think of describing this.

I certainly would not say this is limited to the more mature wearer but would perhaps say that of Pi....even though the two are very close. Something about Jaipur feels fresher, more opulent and less generational (is that even a word?).

I really like this and will wear it gladly on a day to day basis even though this fragrance could arguably fit very well in a Black Tie scenario.

If you love fragrances that are overtly Vanilla and sweet then you may well enjoy this hidden treasure of a fragrance.
02nd March, 2020
There is a spectacular feast of India, which easily spread out around the globe. The feast is called Holi,the feast of colors, and their facettes. As bright as the Holi feast is to the eye as bright is Jaipur Homme to my nose.
There is a lot of spice which manages to work harmoniously with each other. The heliotrope is noticeable but especially some Tonka,Amber and a hint of vanilla is present.The heart consists of bombs so to say but does not overwhelm.
The Flacon is beautifully constructed and attracts the eye.

I think Jaipur Homme is a really good choice(although I do not wear it often),if you have a nose that loves Oriental Fougeres. By the way it's pretty unisex and wearable by the Ladies.

10th January, 2020
Must be one of the best value for money fragrances on the market today.

Here we have a formal and quite striking composition. A sort of barbershop come oriental. What you will get from this one is a shaving foam type smell laced with vanilla and almond. It's heavy on the cinnamon and does very slightly remind me of Costume National Homme, but a more upscale version.

Very nice indeed.

12th June, 2019
This has a strong rubbery smell. The vanilla is not sweet, and going for oriental, which would be ok if there were spices. I it find odd, and can't help but recollect to the discontinued Fahrenheit 32.

I wish I could smell more than a bitter vanilla and lots of rubber. It makes for a boring and unpleasant smell to me, and I will be returning my bottle asap.
07th May, 2019

BUY 1 GET 1 FREE JAIPUR AFTER SHAVE BALM + EDT(BOUCHERON HOMME) 4.5 ML RARE

$33.98 (0 Bids)
End Date: Tuesday Aug-4-2020 9:01:24 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

Jaipur By Boucheron 3.3oz/100ml Men's Eau De Parfum (NIB)

End Date: Tuesday Aug-4-2020 9:30:34 PDT

Boucheron JAIPUR HOMME Mens Eau de Toilette Spray 3.3oz/100ml NEW

End Date: Tuesday Aug-4-2020 15:05:08 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $47.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

JAIPUR HOMME BY BOUCHERON-EDT-SPRAY-3.3 OZ-100ML-AUTHENTIC TESTER-MADE IN FRANCE

End Date: Tuesday Aug-4-2020 15:17:47 PDT