Ja´pur Homme (1997)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 593 ratings

Ja´pur Homme Fragrance Notes

Ja´pur Homme information

A very refined oriental scent

Shop for Ja´pur Homme products online

100ml EdT
    100ml EdP
    100ml EdT

Reviews of Ja´pur Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 147 reviews.

G.M.K.'s avatar

Pakistan Pakistan

ohhhh my my.... what a fragrance it is ... Beautiful Oriental... why ... i mean why i got this gem after discontinuation............Awesome work of a woman who knows what a man wants...............Bravo.

13 July, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

This suave, soft-textured oriental has long been one of my favorite designer fragrances. I enjoy the way it flirts with the licorice gourmand vibe of Body Kouros and Lolita Lempicka au Masculin without ever stumbling onto the dessert tray. I also love Annick Menardoĺs bold use of heliotrope in Ja´pur Homme. Commandeering this traditionally ôfeminineö note in a scent for men is clever and quietly subversive, though only in its eau de parfum version does Ja´pur Homme pack enough spicy punch to fully offset the heliotropeĺs fluffy texture. Some will find it too sweet, but for me Ja´pur Homme EdP is a gratifying embodiment of olfactory elegance.

18 June, 2014

rogalal's avatar

I ended up with two bottles of Jaipur Home, one EDT and one EDP, gifts from a friend who had grown tired of them. I tried the EDT first. From the first sniff, I assumed it was a 60's fragrance, a complex old-fashioned butterscotchy amber dusted with cinnamon and nutmeg and some aldehydes for sparkle, all mixed in with a traditional old-world fougere - lavender over coumarin with a touch of vanilla and poop. It's an awful lot going on, and some of it clashes (the pie spices with the lavender and aldehydes come off rather metallic and unbalanced).

Then, I saw that this is actually from 1997 and the Le Male influence immediately fell into place. The weird metallic lavender, the mix of vanilla and spermy coumarin, the whole "strange dirty" vibe. Jaipur Homme essentially puts the ideas of Le Male in a historical context, replacing Gaultier's loud sweet grape with amber elements to class it up. That being said, I still think it smells kind of messy and a bit gross.

Hoping that a different concentration would change things for me, I tried the EDP. It balances the topnotes more, giving more of a bergamot/lavender feel, with hints of fennel. It also changed the feel of the scent - while the EDT followed a natural progression, the higher concentration of the EDP brought the basenotes up in the mix, so the whole thing feels richer and fuller. Unfortunately, it also amplified the poop. With my apologies, there's a certain mix of lavender, powder, plasticky musk, and civet that ALWAYS smells like a diaper to me, and that diaper mix overtook everything else in the EDP and rendered it largely unwearable for me.

So, my verdict? EDT: interesting but flawed. Jumbled and kind of gross, though clearly well thought out. EDP: The same, but stronger and taking place next to a stinky baby.

30th April, 2014

DuNezDeBuzier's avatar

Boucheron Ja´pur Homme edp.

Quite the vanilla++ powdery oriental. Heliotrope in spades. Nutmeg, cinnamon, and the other notes support the vanilla rendering it quite a comfort and not a bit annoying, as it so often goes off and does with other vanilla-centric mixes. Ja´pur sits alongside my bottles of Opium pH edp, Envy, Heritage, and Carven Homme to give an idea of what I consider similar scents relative to weight, feel, and/or simply its general vibe. Ja´pur has above average longevity/sillage and can be cloying, so watch it. A couple sprays to the chest does me well unless I'm off to one of dem black tie affairs; then a couple to the neck or other exposed skin works just fine. Like many orientals, this is such a good comfort scent. I enjoy it mostly in the dry, deep winter months and it does a wonderful job of reminding me of my once-a-year jug of Oberweis egg nog... so rich, creamy, smooth, and yet not to be overdone. All serious hobbyists should get a nose on Jaipur. Perfect on a lady as well.

I'm 51, for reference. A few years back, my 50ml bottle cost around $35/oz.

Fin 2/11/14

12 February, 2014

's avatar

Incomparable

Less girly than 'Eau Premiere' and way less feminine than 'Teint de Neige'. I sold my bottle of 'Eau Premiere' because I caught myself smelling like a chicken. I don't know why, but 'Eau Premiere' reminds me of chickens for some reason. On the other hand 'Teint de Neige' is so simplified that all I really get is loads and loads of powder. I was also in love with Etro's Heliotrope, but got bored of it fairly quickly.

Hence, Jaipur was the answer to my prayers. It meanders between powdery notes, floral notes and spices. I loathe the smell of spices and gourmands all together, so it came to me as a surprise how much I immediately liked it. Cinnamon is very prominent throughout the composition, but it does not bother me at all. As long as it is not vanilla. I like pure vanilla, but paradoxically can't stand it as a base note. Using vanilla as a base is a cheap trick to make the composition last longer. I much prefer the sandalwood or heliotrope as a support column.

I used two bottles of EdP ten years ago, then definitely switched to EdT, then we spent some time apart from each other, but now Jaipur EdT and I are finally reunited. It is without a doubt my favourite masculine fragrance and it looks like it is going to topple my beloved Fracas (W, EdP) from the throne.

I went to work this morning wearing four sprays and I can still smell it all around me, twelve hours later. It's amazingly soft and delicate, yet so persistent and tenacious.

At last I am happy.

Pros: I love everything about it
    Cons: Kind of smells like semi raw potatoes"

23 October, 2013

's avatar

good

One of the best Cinnamon perfume

09 October, 2013

• Time Left: 1 day
    BOUCHERON JAIPUR POUR HOMME EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3oz. NEW/UNBOXED
    • Time Left: 20 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    JAIPUR HOMME BY BOUCHERON FOR MEN 3.3 / 3.4 OZ.EDT.SPRAY SEALED (sku:2452)
    • Time Left: 9 days