Ja´pur Homme (1997)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 593 ratings

Ja´pur Homme Fragrance Notes

Ja´pur Homme information

A very refined oriental scent

Shop for Ja´pur Homme products online

100ml EdP
    100ml EdT
    100ml EdT
    50ml EdT
    $100.11*
    100ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 64.00)

Reviews of Ja´pur Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 152 reviews.

RUDOLFO512's avatar

I own the Eau de Parfum version of Jaipur. It is a classical beauty and deserves to be classified as ELEGANT and MASCULINE. It's Oriental notes are absolutely magnificent. Jaipur lasts a long time on my skin and I love that. I usually wear it for special occasions. I love it that much!

18th November, 2014

JackTwist's avatar

A few years ago this was my all time favorite oriental - warm, spicy, amber/vanilla. It even had beaten out Opium as my top ranker.

Then, its chemistry with my skin totally fell apart. Suddenly, all I got was a sharp and bitter aldehydic bergamot blast that was most unpleasant. It's not my nose, because on my spouse, it still smells as wonderful as it used to on me. (I passed the remaining 2/3 of the bottle on to him and it's one of his all time favorites now.)

Odd how that self perception of the scent on my own skin changed, so that I can no longer wear it. This situation bears no relation to my still objective opinion of its superiority in the male oriental family.

The gorgeous bottle is a classic and a keeper.

If you love orientals, you owe it to yourself to at least try this.

09th November, 2014

Flying_Monkey's avatar

Another one of those 'much better than it should be' relatively inexpensive fragrances, this is a really rather excellent masculine oriental. The only disappointing thing is that opening notes vanish so quickly that you barely have time to notice them, but then a long-lasting amber-cinnamon-vanilla centre takes over. I'm not a huge vanilla fan and so I prefer how balanced the vanilla is with the spice, unlike many recent niche compositions which can leave one smelling like a teenage girl. Despite the spice the scent isn't too forward and stays pretty close to the skin. The clove basenote takes time to come through and isn't as prominent as in say, Dunhill Edition. This one is a regular for me.

15th September, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

With all the "artistic perfumery" expensive niche scents that I test every week, it's been a while the only surprises that still amaze and wow me regularly come from inexpensive, solid cheapos. Jaipur Homme is another example of this. I wore it quite a lot of times recently to make sure it was really that good as I thought almost instantly after the very first application: it is, indeed. Jaipur Homme is a magnificent, insanely refined scent, which really moves the boundaries of class and sophisticacy. Unique, elegant, addictive. Basically, it's a soft and radiant cloud of Oriental soapiness with sweet vanilla-almond hints, shades of talc, a lively and light bergamot/citrus accord at the very opening, and a beautiful heliotrope breeze providing a breath of nature, pollen, of spring warmth. The soapiness is not the "usual", synthetic soapiness many scents provide; it's true, foamy, opulent and rich soap, cozy and warm as a bath tub in winter time. Clean, rich, dandy, powdery and luscious, with a slight tobacco aftertaste. There's cleanliness and innocence, but view it from another perspective, and it's pure decadent dandiness, deceptively "white" and clean. A refined and relaxed marvel, perhaps too sweet for someone: to me it's one of the most sophisticated male perfumes ever made, which finally moves outside the usual territories of "austere virile masculinity". Boucheron and Annick Menardo did a great job in thinking other new ways to portrait modern masculine elegance ľ luminous and feminine, but also shady and eccentric. It quickly became my favourite "home fragrance" (which is the highest reward a fragrance can get from me). A must try for niche fans which identify quality with elitism and high prices.

19th August, 2014

G.M.K.'s avatar

Pakistan Pakistan

ohhhh my my.... what a fragrance it is ... Beautiful Oriental... why ... i mean why i got this gem after discontinuation............Awesome work of a woman who knows what a man wants...............Bravo.

13th July, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

This suave, soft-textured oriental has long been one of my favorite designer fragrances. I enjoy the way it flirts with the licorice gourmand vibe of Body Kouros and Lolita Lempicka au Masculin without ever stumbling onto the dessert tray. I also love Annick Menardoĺs bold use of heliotrope in Ja´pur Homme. Commandeering this traditionally ôfeminineö note in a scent for men is clever and quietly subversive, though only in its eau de parfum version does Ja´pur Homme pack enough spicy punch to fully offset the heliotropeĺs fluffy texture. Some will find it too sweet, but for me Ja´pur Homme EdP is a gratifying embodiment of olfactory elegance.

18th June, 2014