Ja´pur Homme (1997)

Year of Launch1997

PerfumerAnnick Menardo
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Ja´pur Homme

A very refined oriental scent

Ja´pur Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Ja´pur Homme

This has aged like a fine Bordeaux since its inception 20-some year ago: upon first application it greets you with a fresh/citrus combination of lemon and cinnamon, along with a hint of lime. The combination comes across as a barbershop that I may have once dreamed but never visited ( this is likely reinforced with the bit of carnation that slowly creeps with the scent as it dries down on your skin). A distinguished smell without being dated.

The longevity for me was not the monster that others have found, 4-6 hours. The projection was moderate (just more than arms length), not disappointing but with this scent I would have enjoyed slightly more projection. I found both of these to be about average.

At the current price (approximately 25-30 dollars a bottle), it should be a definitely blind buy and part of every man's collection. Excellent!

16th February, 2018
a fragrance, I'll never be without. All these yrs, and the reformulation is still as relevant as the vintage bottle, of it. Cinnamon, done perfection, with benzoin and tonka bean, walking hand in hand with it. It stands right next to your better niche, cinnamon juices.
09th February, 2018
The opening smells like hospital hallways freshly cleaned. Something very industrial-soapy about this that also puts it into the "old-guy" smell category for me. If a young guy can pull this off, good for him, but it would seem difficult. The drydown isn't half-bad. Sweet, clean and not nearly as abrasive.

This really projects on me and has excellent longevity.
20th January, 2018
Not sure about this one. Can't really smell the vanilla.... perhaps i'll come back to it and change my review. For now it seems overpowering with just 2 sprays
27th November, 2017
Being number 11 in a series of 16 reviews on critically acclaimed and noteworthy scents.

A dry oriental with well-balanced spices and good performance. The problem for me is that the configuration of the spices brings it too close to cumin territory, which is a personal no-no. Also, Jaipur Homme does smell a little "of its time" (i.e. dated), so while I can appreciate it for what it is, I think it would raise eyebrows in the Funwithfrags household; and indeed, the lady of the house sees this as an "old man's fragrance". Not at all bad and worth an experiment, but definitely a personal pass.
25th November, 2016

What a gem. Return of investment is big indeed!
Benzoin, citruses, spices and wood very well blended.
Quite a specific, unique fragrance, not for a casual wear.
Not a macho, not a hipster. An artist definitely and that of a noble blood. Quite awesome actually.

In style it's on the trace of CK Obsession for men, but with its own character so they can't be confused at all. You might find the distant echo of Givenchy Pi here because of the strong benzoin thing going on.

I made a blind buy, but only because it was cheap. I strongly suggest people to try it before purchasing because this one is really, really not for everyone.

I myself recognise it as a very good, high quality juice, however also am not being sure if I'll be wearing it a lot. When it comes to it, I'm thinking I'll have to give it a little more time before being straight if it'll stay a part of my collection or not. For now I'm just glad I finally tried it and have it.

Originality 6/10