Ja´pur Homme (1997)

HouseBoucheron
PerfumerAnnick Menardo
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Ja´pur Homme

A very refined oriental scent

Ja´pur Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Ja´pur Homme

A True Masterpiece Indeed.

I basically hate sweet fragrances. But this one has such a refined sweet accord that it is hard not to like it. The spices and the florals are so well blended that it becomes a truly captivating scent.

Well i Live in India and have visited the city of Jaipur atleast thrice. when i first tried this fragrance i was surprised at the fact that this smell is somehow remniscent of the city of jaipur. Wow the perfumeur has really managed to capture the fragrance of Jaipur City in a bottle.

Bravo Annick Menardo.
14th January, 2016
Years ago iI walked into Macy's (then Marshall Fields) and gathered my courage to stand in line and ask this extraordinarily exotic Czech women working behind the perfume to help me find a father's day present for myself.

She had smooth skin, wore oversized clunky bangles, a form fitting black top and a wide flowing black tulip skirt. Her hair was brilliant white cut short and moussed in little peaks the way a young boy might.

Her age was impossible to guess, older than thirty younger than fifty. Who cared? She was sensual beyond belief and for a few moments I got to talk to her.

"Please show me something you like," I asked trying to curry favor with the goddess.

She paused, pursed her perfectly formed lips and put a finger to them in thought. She went off and came back with something Iĺd never seen before. That was easy since I know so little about cologne.

She came out from behind the counter and drew close enough to violate my personal space. I never complained. Inches from my ear she growled in a low voice with a heavy Czech accent, "Tisss is a maaaaannn's cologne. It is earthy, sensual, exotic."

I was made of stone.

She sprayed some on her porcelain wrist and caressed the air under my schnoz. My knees grew weak. My eyes crossed, the blood roared in my ears. She moved even closer, Her warm breath enveloped me. Her tongue just millimeters from my wicked hopeful ear which of itĺs own volition arched even closer to her parted lips. She took my hand and turned it exposing my wrist. Now unless a Chicago skunk gets the drop on me I never let anyone spray me with anything. She sprayed my wrist and brought it up to my nose with her long slender fingers.

Breath tiss she commanded. Do you want it?

More than air. More than life I croaked.

My English is not so good. I am Czech. She said looking demurely down at her ballerina black slippers.

Your accent is devastating I replied.

She sold me the gift set with cologne, lotion and maybe something else. She gave me what Iĺd like to think was a special smile then turned back to the long line of men waiting for her to give them the ôCzech Treatment.ö

I floated off. Each time I spray on Jaipur I think of my first encounter with this amazing cologne, Libby the Perfume girl and smile for the memory. It smells great and will make you feel like a million bucks. Youĺll feel like a maaaaaaannnnn.

05th December, 2015
A very low cost fragrance with complexity and depth in spades. Initially almost confused, but settles down relatively quickly into a perfectly balanced and infectious vanilla spice vibe.
19th October, 2015
After a two-week wait, I could finally open my sealed brand-new bottle; when I sprayed it on my arm, I said to myself, "This is Opium Pour Homme!" However, a few minutes later, it evolved into something really incredible, and then I thought, "Bottled deliciousness!"

Very little does this oriental elixir resemble Opium Pour Homme, and I'm glad it's so different!--actually, it resembles more Fahrenheit Absolute (or even Cacharel Pour Homme) than it resembles Jacques Cavallier's fragrance. Ja´pur Homme is far nicer, softer, and more versatile. After five minutes of applying, it gives off a strong cinnamon smell combined with a creamy balm composed of cardamom, flowers, and vanilla; it's certainly sweet yet not overpowering. This juice resembles Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male, but Ja´pur Homme is so well blended and balanced that the combination of ingredients conveys harmony, class, and beauty; even though it can suit women well, I don't agree that it's a little bit too feminine. Sillage and longevity on my skin are average, and I think it can be used on a daily basis (even in warmer days), without overapplying.

This is one of my best blind-buys ever. You get great quality stuff for a good price. By the way, the bottle is gorgeous!

Rating:
Fragrance: 10
Sillage: 7
Longevity: 7
Versatility: 9
Average: 8.25
28th June, 2015
Living in Florida, oriental fragrances have been a challenge for me except for in the coolest months of the year. Even then, I proceed with a degree of caution because the spices often become choking on my skin. Jaipur is the best exception to that rule, as the fragrance is rounded and settles fairly soft after an hour. It still maintains a good scent, but never get as smothering as other fragrances from this scent grouping. I like wearing Jaipur out to dinner and especially if we are dining Asian. Just sets my mood and makes me very happy. Thumbs up.
14th May, 2015
This perfume has the ability to transport me to far and exotic lands.
In my opinion it captures the spices and flavors of Northern India, where the city of Jaipur is located. Although I have never been in there, wearing this makes me wish I was there. Maybe some day, who knows, but in the meanwhile I just have to be content and satisfied with the feeling I get with this beautiful perfume.
Longevity and sillage are very good indeed.
04th April, 2015

Add your review of Ja´pur Homme

Shop for Ja´pur Homme products online

Shop for Ja´pur Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Ja´pur Homme

Member images of Ja´pur Homme

There are no member images of Ja´pur Homme yet. Why not be the first?