Jako (1997)
    by Lagerfeld

Jako Fragrance Notes

Jako information

A sensual fragrance by Karl Lagerfeld. The name "Jako" comes from the name of one of his houses. Notes include Bergamot, "Mysterious" Plum, Ginger and Sandalwood.

Reviews of Jako

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.

renperd's avatar
    renperd
    South Africa South Africa

A perfumer's organ's worth of notes that in the end don't amount to much. Jako is thin and über-synthetic in the conventional Lagerfeld style. A queer, medicinal plum note dominates, taking a powdery nose-dive towards the end. I wore this briefly in the 90s but soon got over the initial interest triggered by that very same plum. Jako made me feel even cheaper than I already am. No massive loss should it have been discontinued.

31st March, 2012

rickbr's avatar
    rickbr
    Brazil Brazil

On me it`s a soft powdery citrus fruity scent. The opening has a quick combo of the citrus aromas, dominated by the bergamot, which fades to a plum aroma. It`s one sweet and discreet sugared and it makes me think of a plum body lotion produced by O Boticario. The base is musk dominant on me, very discreet, a little bit creamy and woody. It`s an easy to wear fragrance that reminds me something of Chopard Casran.

19 January, 2012

heo's avatar
    heo
    Norway Norway

one of the best fragrances i came across ! It's usually hard for me to find a fragrance i like but this is simply the most complex, yet elegant masterpiece. The best lagerfield has offered so far.

Jako is kinda candy fragrance, can be compared to black XS, but with richer notes. I recommend it for office, but would fit the best in a night out.

from my point view it could have been better with a touch of green , or a salty notes, may be little bit of mint.

9/10 and a big thumb up.

14 December, 2011

barclaydetolly's avatar
    barclaydetolly

I kind of like Jako, but keep in mind I like ethereal, almost feminine scents. I think Jako is a decent blend of sandalwood, vanilla, and a bit of almond lurking in the background. On me it also has nice sillage and longevity. I just don't like it enough for it to justify a purchase.

03 September, 2011 (Last Edited: 29 June, 2012)

HDS1963's avatar
    HDS1963

Grapefruit, Mandarin, Calabrian Bergamot, Indian Davana Essence, Mysterious Plum.

Middle Notes
    Cardamom, Indian Ginger Root, Brazilian Rosewood..

Base Notes
    Indian Sandalwood, Arabic Incense, Musky-Leather Accord..

Jako doesn't scream, it clears it's throat and then speaks calmly. This is a world away from the hairy-chested bicep flexing of Lagerfeld Classic. As others have noted, it does open brightly with a fresh bright and fruity air. As the opening makes way for the mid-notes cardamom and ginger make their presence felt, which, if you are someone like me that happens to like these two accords, is very welcome. These notes never truly fade as the leather and sandalwood notes in the base remain.

At the end it does wear close to the skin, a sillage monster it is not, but it has a lovely kind of comforting musk to it at the end with a vaguely spicy feel to it.

All in all Jako, is easy to overlook, which is a shame, because it is a very very pleasant fragrance indeed, one which I enjoy wearing on a regular basis.

10th October, 2009

AnimaSola's avatar
    AnimaSola

Judging from the notes in the pyramid, I would imagine this to be an intense, more complex fragrance. On the contrary, it is a limpid and lovely, gourmand-like cologne. I wore this when it first came out, and I've recently re-purchased it. I had forgotten why I used up my first bottle so fast. It is sweet, with the "woodsy" undertones becoming more prominent in the dry down, however not enough to dominate the purity the fragrance suggests. It is definitely a casual or summertime fragrance. Its sensuous bouquet lingers, but it is never cloying. I cannot imagine anyone not liking this fragrance, just as I can't imagine anyone wanting to wear a scent like Beyond Paradise. The lady at the perfume store told me Jako was discontinued. If this is true, that is really a shame.

03 July, 2009