Jazz Fragrance Notes

Jazz information

A fresh light woody fragrance. An 'Old School' classic. The packaging was updated in 1998 when Live Jazz was launched, and is a reverse of the Live Jazz packaging.
    Jazz was the first major launch from YSL after it reacquired the rights to its beauty business back from Charles of the Ritz in 1987.

Shop for Jazz products online

100ml EdT
    100ml EdT
    80ml EdT

Reviews of Jazz

Showing 1 to 6 of 62 reviews.

Safetyjon's avatar
    Safetyjon

I love this fragrance...In my top five of all time. Great longevity...Good sillage. I really like it's versatility.

This is a beautiful fragrance that really surprised me. I guess nothing produced by Yves Saint Laurent should surprise me. Every fragrance that I have tried from this house is unique and of the highest quality...And every one of them is enjoyable in its own unique way. Thank you YSL for another winner.

11th January, 2013 (Last Edited: 09 May, 2013)

yeager4772's avatar
    yeager4772

First impression to me is: here I am again in 1990 and it is not a worse thing. This scent is very well made, it is clean, fresh, spicy, little woody and yet actual. It is a shame YSL discontinued it.
    Give it a try if you can find a bottle.

14 October, 2012

Francolino's avatar
    Francolino

keep buying small 0'50 ml bottles wherever I find them, it's so good in its original formulation, the new one smells too dry for my taste, it almost seems another scent!

02 August, 2012

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

I het a lot of Lavender-flower and wood notes and some added spice. Finding it very conservative but wearable, it is unexciting to me. Average longevity of two hours.

15 July, 2012

JRVavrek's avatar
    JRVavrek

YSL is my favorite house. They take chances on big combinations of notes, Jazz is no exception. However I'm on the fence with Jazz. I got the original formula and to me there is one note, maybe the geranium, that makes this one off. It feels masculine and everyday wearable. I want to try the reformulation and see if it is just the vintage juice I have that is questionable. I so want to love this frag.

14 March, 2012

manicboy's avatar
    manicboy

Why is called Jazz? Maybe because sometimes it makes no sense and other times it finds its groove. After smelling Jazz Prestige, Jazz suddenly feels lacking. Jazz Prestige adds rosewood and some other interesting notes on top of the Jazz formula to make it breathtaking. And quite obviously, Jazz feels like its missing something. Still, there is a joy in the complexity in trying to figure Jazz out.

22 February, 2012