Jean Marie Farina (1806)

Jean Marie Farina information

Year of Launch1806

HouseRoger & Gallet

About Jean Marie Farina

Jean Marie Farina is a shared / unisex perfume by Roger & Gallet. The scent was launched in 1806

Jean Marie Farina fragrance notes

Reviews of Jean Marie Farina

I posses now a vintage miniature of this scent, that seems to be the first and oldest scent on the market. The label on the bottle is well designed and still gives the impression of solemn classicism with its signature in evidence. I would have kept much more of this old style bottle in the new one.
11th February, 2014
A discrete classic

The lemon, vetiver and neroli opening blast is more restrained, but delightful. later a bit of rosemary is added, but on my skin this is never a truly "green" scent, although a touch of wood appears in the base. Elegant and discrete with an all right projection initially, albeit with poor silage. I tested, however, a vintage sample, and the bright citrus-type notes tend to deteriorate first with time in a Cologne. Longevity is about three hours - very good for such a Cologne on my skin. Restrained elegance in a classic EdC.

25th June, 2013
I love this cologne, to me it is much better than 4711 and the original Farina's Kolnisch Wasser, but it has been eclipsed by newer colognes like Myrurgia 1916 or Borsari Aqua Classica.
Regardless, it is a fantastic cologne, fresh, very citric with a slightly herbal/musk drydown.
Sillage is the typical sillage of colognes, and the same goes for longevity.
Considering that it is over 200 years ols, it deserves my respects
06th January, 2013
One of my all time loves from Roger and Gallet. Eau de Cologne as it should be and probably as it was 100 years ago. I find that the new incarnations pale in comparison (as usual) to the vintage stock. If you can find the old stuff, go for it, much much better. I like this as a layering frag or just on the casual. It's easy, bracing water really, and works well with your chemistry. I prefer the Extra Vielle version :)
23rd October, 2012
A refreshing burst of Mediterranean citrus fruits are grounded by crisp herbs. This elixir will rouse its wearer and corrode morning tiredness. At its affordable price and quality, I would wholly recommend this cologne to all.

Note: This cologne reminds me of a breakfast cereal that I ate as a child: Froot Loops. This isn't a bad thing.
28th September, 2011
JonB Show all reviews
Quite nice. I find it a bit smoother and a little more aromatic than 4711. For most of it's life, I smell neroli and rosemary. I never really get rose. As nice as this smells though, it's hard to get too excited due to it's short longevity. I know this is expected, but any nice smell deserves to last more than an hour. Try this before 4711.
09th April, 2011

Add your review of Jean Marie Farina

Shop for Jean Marie Farina products online

Shop for Jean Marie Farina at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Jean Marie Farina

Member images of Jean Marie Farina

There are no member images of Jean Marie Farina yet. Why not be the first?

Perfumes launched in the same year as Jean Marie Farina (1806)

Features relating to Jean Marie Farina