Jicky (1889)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 660 ratings

Jicky Fragrance Notes

Jicky information

According to Guerlain folklore, this was named after an English student who Aimé Guerlain fell in love with. It was in fact named for his nephew, 305.

It was the first 'abstract' perfume as it wasn't reminiscent of one individual note. Apparently a fave of Sean Connery.

Shop for Jicky products online

$109.90*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 65.70)

Reviews of Jicky

Showing 1 to 6 of 120 reviews.

Casiquire's avatar

I really wanted to like this one, but something was just off for me. There is a note in here similar to anise, and I wish it was smoothed out by the lavender but it actually ends up making the lavender itself smell sharp and spicy. Odd considering there's only one other review even mentioning anise, but I strongly agree with that one--all I smell is spicy anise and tonka. It lasts a nice long while on my skin but I didn't get any of that creamy lemon I read about or any of the woodiness. I didn't notice the civet right at first at all but it did come out a tiny bit later in the day and it was very intriguing but unfortunately it didn't really improve the smell itself. I do appreciate this smell for what it is, though! And I have a laugh reading how many people call this a "simple" smell, and then proceed to give a description that's COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from everyone else's description. Clearly this is a smell that's heavily dependent on the formulation and the specific skin type and fluctuates wildly. I like that in a smell! And I like the quality too. It's just not the smell for me.

13 August, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Fougère

I have an odd relationship with Jicky. I can't deny that it's brilliantly composed, with high quality ingredients (vanilla, lavender, and civet,) that appeal to me, but I've never been compelled by it. Why? I'm not sure. When I wear the closely related Shalimar, Jicky seems incomplete. When I wear the equally civet-drenched Ungaro II, Jicky seems a little bit tame. When I want lavender, I invariably turn to Caron pour un Homme. In the end all I can say is that while I acknowledge Jicky's high status, I rarely enjoy wearing it. Thumbs up because it is a great scent and an important landmark, no matter how I feel about it personally.

19 June, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

A perfect, timeless blend of herbal notes with a darker slightly animalic soul on a soothing, cozy powdery vanillin bed. Basically the ultimate cathedral of fougères. It's useless for me to list all the notes you smell as - like for many well-crafted scents that use good ingredients and a good composition - they are all there, you can smell them apart one by one. And still the result is a harmonic, perfect, superb, unique symphony. Neatly composed like a good handmade seven-folds tie, which stands perfectly plain and compact down your neck but you can easily feel all the folds just rubbing it between your fingers.

08 April, 2014

Captain's avatar

Absolutely gorgeous. It is really similar to Shalimar but just different enough to warrant owning it. One day!

If you love most of the Guerlain classics you will like this. Every bit as lovely as Shalimar, L'heuer bleue and other great Guerlain fragrances.

06 December, 2013 (Last Edited: 07 December, 2013)

Jack ze Fack's avatar

France France

Talking about perfumes, Guerlain is several feet above. Old Guerlain, of course.

I usually wears Habit Rouge for work. Clean, complex, rich scent... Mouchoir de Monsieur is for special occasion. And Jicky is for the other moments. I've got EDP & EDT.

Topnotes are very fresh : bergamot, citrus... and then those magnificent smell, fowery, animalistic... just a like a cat having a poop in a lavender bush.

Not too strong, not weak, not Cologne, not too heavy, pure equilibrium. A masterpiece for almost 150 years...

29 November, 2013

rbaker's avatar

The vintage perfume:
    A Mild citrus-woody opening gradually develops into a lovely jasmine drydown with a floral tone that is mainly rose-based with some orris added to it. The base has lots tonka-and-cinnamon aroma of a wonderful quality, rounded off by soft and creamy notes of leather and amber. There is a mild sweetness that is warming and comforting, with a very pleasant, gentle powderiness towards the end. None of these notes is ever very prominent, and what really impresses is how smooth and incredibly well blended this scent really is. It is of classic restraint but rich, with adequate silage and reasonable projection. Longevity on my skin is around seven hours, albeit very close to my skin for the last three. A landmark game-changer that still stands tall today.

04 May, 2013

• Time Left: 6 days
    Guerlain Paris - JICKY - Eau de Toilette 1.7 fl oz spray bottle
    • Time Left: 19 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Guerlain - Jicky. Parfum de Toilette 75 ml. Vintage, brand new, slpash bottle.
    • Time Left: 25 days
    Jicky Eau de Toilette Refill 3.1 oz EDP 90 ml by Guerlain for Women NIB
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 27 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    JICKY BY GUERLAIN EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 1.7 OZ NEW (T)
    • Listing Type: eBay Store