Jicky (1889)

PackagingGabriel Guerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchGuerlain

About Jicky

According to Guerlain folklore, this was named after an English student who Aimé Guerlain fell in love with. It was in fact named for his nephew, 305.

It was the first 'abstract' perfume as it wasn't reminiscent of one individual note. Apparently a fave of Sean Connery.

Reviews of Jicky

Jicky, a perfume I haven't owned since the 90s, is a joke in EDT. This is a recent formulation and there's no lavender in it. What is there is a bit of hawthorn, similar to that in Apres l'Ondee and a simple lemon pledge.
"You'll love Jicky" I told my husband, he of the Rochas Man, and Caron Pour Homme. Well, my reputation has gone down in flames, with that of Guerlain. Poor show, old boy.
10th February, 2018
My original and first fine fragrance love, your first is always special. I love the initial lavender blast and adore the dry down into patchouli and vetiver, finally settling with civet and tobacco. On my skin it is a beautiful blend. moderately projecting and long lasting. Redolent of days out in Stratford and Oxford to me.
I've shared with family and friends but it truly does need to be tested as it can behave quite differently on different people with unexpected elements revealing themselves.
23rd August, 2017
This makes me think of Heritage, which I absolutely adore, except in this I find the lavender much more pronounced. It’s also quite herby. I totally get the sophisticated, dapper old man vibe – complete with natty waistcoat, discreet but interesting bow tie, and immaculately coiffed hair. There’s something deliciously cool about this – I could just imagine spritzing this in the heat of summer, after a refreshing dip in the pool or a nice cool shower. I asked my husband to have a sniff of this, and he said that it makes him think of Morocco, because of the spices. I like this, a lot, but not as much as Shalimar.
19th August, 2017
Reviewing Jicky is like reviewing a Model T. Ford. Compared to today, Jicky and the Model T seem quaint and out-dated. BUT Jicky was the first fragrance ever manufactured with a theme that included artificial odors that don't occur in nature. Jicky was from another age, and is classic. Having said that, It isn't something that I want to wear. The Jasmine, patchouli, tonka, and civit combine to form an ambrein accord, barber shop fragrance.
11th September, 2016 (last edited: 03rd July, 2017)
I hope to write more in due course, but on my testing so far, Jicky opens up in a way similar to l'Humaniste or Allure Edition Blanche. However, it dries down to a more substantial Guerlainade base of vanilla, amber, and, if the marketing is to be believed, civet. I would have it down more as a masculine myself, and could see it as being a superb choice for a transition to evening wear in summer. It gains in character over time... certainly a rung or two above the others I've mentioned.
01st September, 2016
This is for the vintage Parfum De Toilette

Jicky is mostly lavender, vanilla, spices with a almost gourmand gingerbread vibe to it. I must admit I am not a fan of lavender fragrances, but it is done right here with this particular fume & the notes added alongside it blends in so well it is very good.

That lovely civet kicks in & gives it that one, two PUNCH! I just love NATURAL civet in fragrances, it adds such a dirty, sexy vibe to the composition. This was created & marketed for women but it can EASILY pass for unisex or even a men's frag.

This beauty last on my 5-6 hours, & projects nicely for the first couple of hours & the rest leaves alot to be desired.
I expected greater longevity from this one but it just is not happening. Tho the Parfum De Toilette is what EDP's are today, The notes here are more natural & less synthetic which is always good.

I'd certainly make this a signature scent doing the fall as it reeks, class, beauty & sophistication with the right amount of sex! A classic & underrated beauty for sure!
30th June, 2016

• USD $49.99
  • Time Left: 1 day

VINTAGE Guerlain Jicky Parfum Gold Filagree Recharge Atomizer - 1/3 full

• USD $19.99 HIGHEST BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 1 Bid(s)
  • Time Left: 3 days

Jicky by Guerlain EDT Spray 3 oz Tester

• USD $46.74

Member images of Jicky

by

Perfumes launched in the same year as Jicky (1889)