Joop! Homme (1989)

Average Rating: 3

Based on 688 ratings

Joop! Homme Fragrance Notes

Joop! Homme information

Joop! Homme was a bit of a shock when it first appeared. Bright pink liquid, Pink box. Sweet smell, and its for Men? However, over ten years down the line it has proved to be a classic. A tip though: The fragrance is quite potent, SO PLEASE DON'T SPRAY YOURSELF IN HALF A BOTTLE OF IT BEFORE YOU GO OUT.

Shop for Joop! Homme products online

Reviews of Joop! Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 239 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

The initial notes of Joop Homme slightly reminded me for some aspects of Nemo by Cacharel, mostly because of the same kind of "nutty", white-musky creamy accord, more fruity and less woody (although the sandalwood is there). A nice and peculiar blend indeed, really spicy and somehow milky, in a quite modern synthetic way. White, artificial, a sugar candy from the future, fairly ahead of its time in my opinion. It does not evolve that much, though: on the drydown you have the same tonka, cinnamon, cardamom, sandalwood and other spices blend, just more dry and a bit less creamy. Basically a synthetic spicy-woody-creamy scent. A bit cloying for a while and perhaps not that ahead of its time. Kurkdjian must have loved this when he was composing Le Male!

17 July, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Oriental

Some substances, most notably antifreeze, are at once sweet and toxic. Joop! Homme is one of these. There’s a list of appealing notes in the Joop! Homme pyramid, but I smell no analogs of anything natural in this scent. If someone proposed Joop! Homme’s formula for a toilet bowl cleaner, I might give it a second sniff, but I’d sooner live with a dirty toilet than smell like this in public.

Tell me, how does something like this get made? Why do morbidly obese men wear sheer Speedos?? Who thought the leisure suit was a good idea???

19 June, 2014

Oddfello's avatar

I was completely hooked on this fragrance the moment I smelled it. This screams 90's, but there is just something about it that keeps me coming back. I ordered my (lost count) bottle this week. Like others have said, go easy on this one and I would probably stick to wearing on cooler days.

31st March, 2014

HickorySmoke420's avatar

Very powerful powdery scent. Very sweet almost too sweet. I used to wear this scent a lot when I was younger and girls liked it. I find my self wearing it a few times a year just to slowly get rid of it... Since I've had it for around 18 years now and opened it a couple years ago. It's kept too it still smells fresh and still lasts all friggin day. Just seems like its geared toward a younger crowd and my wife can't stand the stuff. I'll ask my son if he wants it he's 12. LoL. It just don't dislike it so it hasn't made it to the garbage.

16 February, 2014

Ryanmmas26's avatar

I bought this cologne because I knew it was popular and I had yet to try it.. But wow, maybe im missing something because this stuff is just way too sweet and way to strong and thats only with 1 spray ! My girlfriend even said it smelled like old lady perfume and asked that I never wear it... Ill keep it for my collection but im NEVER going to be wearing this again

Only good thing I can say from the 1 time Ive worn this is it projects like a beast and lasts a long time so if it does mesh well with your skin chemistry it will be worth the price

18 January, 2014

MrMookie's avatar

Cherry silk

What can i say more then all great reviews on this classic happy and vibrant cherry bomb!

I give the old formulation 4.5 stars and the new 3

I own MontBlancs individuel and yes individuel a more toned down version right out of the bottle like its skipping the top and steps in the mid/base section with less sillage.

When it came out it was far beyonds his time dealing with all the stereo typical powerhouses as Kouros,Lapidus and others.
    Joop Homme still makes me joyfull smelling it on others or in myself.
    One problem : its a tacky and skinwise difficult scent ad in other words 2 types of men make this masterpiece a living smell-hell.

1: Bad skin chemistry turns this scent on oily skins bad (sour)
    2: Overapply-ing this fella.

The combo of 1and2 is hell.

But used in moderate conditions this one is a whole season threat.

Pros: Great juice before reformulation
    Cons: Reformulations made it synthetic"

24 August, 2013