Joop! Homme (1989)

PackagingPeter Schmidt
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchBeecham Cosmetics > Lancaster Group

About Joop! Homme

Joop! Homme was a bit of a shock when it first appeared. Bright pink liquid, Pink box. Sweet smell, and its for Men? However, over ten years down the line it has proved to be a classic. A tip though: The fragrance is quite potent, SO PLEASE DON'T SPRAY YOURSELF IN HALF A BOTTLE OF IT BEFORE YOU GO OUT.

Joop! Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Joop! Homme

I got this because i am searching for uniqueness. I definitely found it with Joop!, but not in the way I like. I'm not sure how you can see it doesnt smell of hairspray, because I definitely get that during the first few minutes. Its abundantly sweet, which I don't like, however I am giving it a chance because as it dries I am getting something that i like. Still testing so I can't comment on longevity, however sillage seems good.

I am wearing it on a very hot and humid day, so it's applicable in my opinion.

This is not for you if you like masculine or mature. Fresh, sporty or citrusy. Aquatic. Don't waste your money, get a vial to sample. I feel like Fahrenheit lovers will like Joop!.
18th August, 2017
I was a teenager when Joop! was released and I'm just now discovering it. After wearing it several times, I'm wondering how I ever missed this one in its prime.
Joop! breaks all the rules. From its outlandish pink bottle to its almost sickly sweet scent. However, this is a rebel that really hits the mark in my book.
Many fragrances blend in, smell very similar to other fragrances, never really stand out as their own. Joop! is different. Joop! is absolutely unmistakable. One of the most unique scents I have ever experienced.
I'm not able to analyze individual notes but there is something about Joop! that has me sniffing my own shirt throughout the day. It intrigues me every time I wear it.
Did I mention that this stuff lasts FOREVER and has great sillage. I can see how this scent can be off-putting when it is over used and over applied. It's brilliant if used with care. Joop! certainly has its share of haters but most of the best ones do. Count me in as a big fan.
05th July, 2017
I must admit that I do like the smell of Joop! It projects like a beast and lasts forever. The problem is that I can no longer wear it. It just reminds me of being a kid. Semi permanent girlfriends, not knowing where I was going in life, nightclubs and ultimately lots of silly decisions. Sorry Joop! I like you but I no longer love you!
13th June, 2017
Toxic Sludge!!!

Joop must have been dredged up from the Gowanus Canal in Brooklyn!! This toxic stuff is just vile! The most vile cologne I have ever smelled!! I was given a small bottle around 2000 for helping a friend of a friend move. Turns out she thought I stunk from BO, granted the hot, humid tropical climate I live in, no wonder!! If you want to cover up a BO smell with something just as vile then Joop is for you. Joop announces you long before you arrive and like a smoke damaged house after a fire, lingers forever. The smelll of Joop literally will fill an entire room, office or even night club! And linger long after. I honestly gave this stuff a try and each time it smelled like somebody puked cotton candy with cherry cough syrup. It's just so disgustingly sweet. It smells exactly like it looks!! To me it just smells inner city, ghetto and when mixed with certain peoples body chemistry or body odor it just becomes a bio hazard! It's for the young definitely. The sillage is a 10 and the longevity is a 10 and not in a good way.
16th May, 2017 (last edited: 18th May, 2017)
ten years ago this scent was forced on me by a workmate that wore it faithfully and it was used as his way of showering , very dirty man so for years after leaving that job it was Darryl that came to mind whenever I saw a bottle of Joop, well being the open minded guy that I am I thought I would buy a bottle to add to my collection and boy do I wish I hadn't.
It took me back to memories of dirty Darryl and I can't escape it, Is it the fault of the juice?, probably not but to me Its disgustingly sweet mixed with burnt wire insulation and this juice doesn't quit, If you want to mask a smell of some kind like, oh I dunno, death and decomposition then Joop is the one.
Other than that it's not even remotely bearable and should not be forced upon any of your workmates, that is unless you truly dislike them.
But that's just my opinion, your mileage may very but please, keep this stuff far away from me thank you very much.
05th April, 2017
I admit that I bought it without trying it, based on reviews. On first squirt I was worried! Dryer sheets! I thought it smell like dryer sheets...

But, after the carrier wore off it started with a fruity almost candy floral smell. It moves over to cinnamon and blueberry pie and sits around about 3 hours later smelling like leather and fruit strips.

I like it, and I and wear it out at night in the winter. It's strong, but not overly musky, and doesn't have any hairspray smell. Long lasting.
23rd January, 2017 (last edited: 24th January, 2017)

Add your review of Joop! Homme