Joop! Homme (1989)

PackagingPeter Schmidt
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchBeecham Cosmetics > Lancaster Group

About Joop! Homme

Joop! Homme was a bit of a shock when it first appeared. Bright pink liquid, Pink box. Sweet smell, and its for Men? However, over ten years down the line it has proved to be a classic. A tip though: The fragrance is quite potent, SO PLEASE DON'T SPRAY YOURSELF IN HALF A BOTTLE OF IT BEFORE YOU GO OUT.

Joop! Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Joop! Homme

ten years ago this scent was forced on me by a workmate that wore it faithfully and it was used as his way of showering , very dirty man so for years after leaving that job it was Darryl that came to mind whenever I saw a bottle of Joop, well being the open minded guy that I am I thought I would buy a bottle to add to my collection and boy do I wish I hadn't.
It took me back to memories of dirty Darryl and I can't escape it, Is it the fault of the juice?, probably not but to me Its disgustingly sweet mixed with burnt wire insulation and this juice doesn't quit, If you want to mask a smell of some kind like, oh I dunno, death and decomposition then Joop is the one.
Other than that it's not even remotely bearable and should not be forced upon any of your workmates, that is unless you truly dislike them.
But that's just my opinion, your mileage may very but please, keep this stuff far away from me thank you very much.
05th April, 2017
I admit that I bought it without trying it, based on reviews. On first squirt I was worried! Dryer sheets! I thought it smell like dryer sheets...

But, after the carrier wore off it started with a fruity almost candy floral smell. It moves over to cinnamon and blueberry pie and sits around about 3 hours later smelling like leather and fruit strips.

I like it, and I and wear it out at night in the winter. It's strong, but not overly musky, and doesn't have any hairspray smell. Long lasting.
23rd January, 2017 (last edited: 24th January, 2017)
numcks Show all reviews
I expected to hate it based on what I've read, but I actually found it very interesting and appealing.

It's a divisive fragrance that gets a lot of hate for being a sweet, synthetic, clubbing foghorn - like Le Male in that sense. Well, it is sweetish and strangely synthetic - particularly the opening - but unlike the hair/bug spray accord in Le Male that smells bad to me, the synthetic smell of this smells really good and brings back memories of things the smell good that are not healthy to smell and/or are toxic - plastic wire insulation, new PVC shower curtains, rubber cement, Super Elastic Bubble Plastic (that rubbery goo toy that you ball up and put on a little straw to inflate - dead ringer for this), xylene, ethyl ether, Kool Aid powder. . . Mated with that is a discordant, minty/medicinal note. It's one of those "bad-good" smells that you should, but can't, not smell. To the extent that this is less toxic than the above, it's a guilty but healthier pleasure I guess.

The deep dry down becomes more conventional but remains pleasant and interesting. Lots of vanilla and some patchouli resulting in a burnt caramel accord. Sillage and longevity are very strong.
02nd January, 2017
Super sweet synthetic floral/fruity affair that seems to be a good match for a powdered drink mix. I would like this more on my aunt than on me. It does have very good potency, projection and longevity.
13th December, 2016 (last edited: 17th December, 2016)
This is a ridiculously sweet scent. I can't wear it because it's far too sweet for me. I did get a Filipino lady to turn her head while I wore it though.
29th November, 2016
Soft and pleasant, sweet and powdery fresh. You don't need to spray much of Joop to get great performance. Synthetic, yes, but so is Febreeze and dryer sheets, and people like to smell those, so that's not a deterrent for me. Does share similarities with MB Individuel.
08th November, 2016