Jungle pour Homme (1998)

HouseKenzo
PerfumerOlivier Cresp
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Jungle pour Homme

A simplistic oriental fragrance by Kenzo. The female Jungle has a Tiger and an Elephant, where the male Jungle is based on the Zebra. The top of the bottle has a little furry zebra mohichan thing on top, It's just for show though.

Jungle pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Jungle pour Homme

This is a surprisingly nice fragrance from Kenzo. Although considering the price perhaps it should be.
It starts off as a tutti fruitti hit of lime. Rather feminine and off putting but this rapidly settles into a more smoky spicy yet paradoxically fresh aroma with the lime nestling coyly in its arms winking at you.
I am note sure what it is but there is something lacking. Either a lack of harmony or an innate cheapness of ingredients. It lacks class.
As it is inoffensive its a safe any time scent for the teens and twenties yet considering the price it is unlikely they are the target market.

Good try Kenzo.

Fragrance: 3/5
Projection: 4/5
Longevity: 4/5
16th December, 2017
Kenzo Jungle opens with a powerful sweet lime and cedarwood combination with nuances of nutmeg and other spices following through as the lime calms down alongside the cedarwood. I have a keen like for this scent due to its understated and relaxed personality.
Despite, its calm nature, the cool-airy nutmeg and followed by the cinnamon give it a wild edge; something that turns this otherwise simple scent into something mysterious. It is not a dark fragrance, and it does not need to be to be mysterious, instead, I believe the mystery lies in the perfect balance between the sweet and airy lime and lemon top notes and the heart; the Myristica Fragrans note, supported by the masculinity of the woody base.

I have given the projection of this fragrance 5 stars only because I do not in the slightest care about anyone else smelling me. I wear this fragrance purely because of the way it makes me feel and that is the way I desire for it to be.
I am satisfied with the longevity too because I am simply addicted to the invigorating top notes of this fragrance.
18th May, 2017
Iconic pretty exotic musky blend of mellow/tropical fruits, citrus, mild woods, "aromatics", luxuriant spices and balsams. A wild "Amazonian" sweetly musky semi-oriental. I get for a while a vague mohito's initial "fizzy" effect. Vibrant, vivid jump on the "caribbean "jungle's" microcosm. I detect a vague "candied" burnt sugar/ripe fruits-association conjuring me slightly the typical Cacharel Eden's wild-tropical twist. I get as well a vague Feminite du Bois/Fille en Aiguilles's "Lutenesque" spark from the impenetrable forest. Jungle is anyway lighter and more "sultry". Erotic. Excellent for a reggaeton dance in smoky club of L'Havana or for a rave beach summer party of the southern lands. Visceral but decidedly chic/glamour all at once (possessing an urban-chic character ofter opposite to a chaotic "sexy sultriness"). Finally I get a spicy sort of "starry-chic" (almost anisic/minty) candied cool synth undertone. I quite enjoy this kind of visceral juices guys.
05th April, 2017 (last edited: 06th April, 2017)
Not bad, but for me it is a bit cloying. Has an animalic, sweetish musky character to it that is daring. Doesn't last on me for very long, another issue I have with it.
03rd December, 2016
Lime, nutmeg and cedar. Restrained masculine wood scent, which Turin described as a "lactonic citrus," referring to the use of nutmeg as opposed to Cartier's Declaration's choice of cardamom. He calls it "relaxed and unpretentious," giving it four stars. I have to agree.

I am always challenged by Kenzo's combinations of ingredients in their scents, initially attracted to, but ultimately dissuaded from, liking them.

This one is the most likeable of the animal Jungle lot, not great, but not bad at all. Not outstanding, just comfortable. More the sort of scent for men who really aren't into smelling themselves, but want something presentable for their friends and co-workers.

Worth a try.
25th November, 2015
Salutation.

If I can describe KJH in One word I would say:SOPHISTICATED. It is one of the Best KENZO Fragrances that I have tried.A Excellent reflect of Masculine Style. Woody,Mystical,Intrepid,Elegant,Laudable, Classic and Warm.

The fresh scent of Cardamom spice Lemon Over Smooth woods and Inviting Amber makes a Very Masculine Fragrance and It smells Like Walking alone in the Jungle midst.I love the woody, spicy mix of this perfume.You can really smell This notes mixed together.

It has a Imperceptible Allure in the base notes.Totally This KENZO EDT is a Breathtaking scent with a Seductive Spiciness.This Combination is perfect for FORMAL occasions, Professional to wear at Business and Ideal for Rainy Weather.It is not for a Young man rather a MATURE man.Really worth trying.

Sillage?Magnificent.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

24th April, 2015

Add your review of Jungle pour Homme

Shop for Jungle pour Homme products online

Shop for Jungle pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Jungle pour Homme

Member images of Jungle pour Homme

There are no member images of Jungle pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?