Kenzo pour Homme (1991)

PerfumerChristian Mathieu
PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Kenzo pour Homme

Kenzo's original male fragrance. Captures a sense of the sea.

Kenzo pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Kenzo pour Homme

First spray and it reminded me of a greener version of Mugler Cologne. It has Mugler's soapy fresh sensation, but with less citrus and more vegetative green elements. Like you've taken a shower in your garden or bathed outside. As it dries, it turns into more of a wood soap scent, maybe a little resinous or rubbery, but the fresh element lasts throughout. A pretty unique fragrance in both scent and performance. In the heat, Kenzo can be a real powerhouse, so I only give 2 sprays and it lasts all day. Glad I bought this one and I'll wear it often in the humid Gulf Coast summer.
27th March, 2015 (last edited: 29th May, 2015)
Indeed a unique fragrance man i love this stuff....today i smelled a sample,cause a lot of scents from when i was younger do not appeal to me anymore but the ones i did bought do all smell excellent so far.Very fresh and oriental woody scent that just stands out among the rest.....
27th February, 2015
A really unique fragrance, but that's where the story kind of ends. It has such a complex array of notes that the overall fragrance is very hard to places, and perhaps refuses to be classified. There is a blast of calone and green notes up top with spices, and vague hints of a floral theme. There is an unnatural oily calming effect. Though I like the opening, it's from the heart onwards that I begin to not like it so much. The aquatic vibe subsides a bit and a woody phase emerges, except that this combination in this particular case I personally don't find agreeable at all. It becomes more of a synthetic green-aquatic-woody-spicy mess. It does project an image of a deep blue sea and a dark sky at the crack of dawn like the commercial, except that all of it is a bit unnatural. While I am not averse to 'synthetic' smelling fragrances and adore many of them (the latest incarnation of Cool Water being an example), this particular blend doesn't do it for me. Finally, projection is average and longevity is decent.

Try it out if you're looking for a different kind of aquatic. Though I don't like its development on my skin, it's still a quality fragrance.
01st February, 2015
Ok, so I appreciate the uniqueness of this fragrance. I have sampled hundreds of colognes and haven't smelled anything that even resembles Kenzo Homme. Many people mentioned a rubber note, and I can sort of detect something like that. I also detect the plastic or "glue" note that others complained about.

I don't really find this fragrance to be aquatic or salty/oceanic at all. To me, it smells like some oddball avant-garde women's perfume. I agree with the person who said that this could pass as a perfume that you would smell on an old woman. But not in a good way.

Here's what comes to my mind when I smell this: A tanker truck is hauling a chemical that you have never heard of and can't even begin to pronounce. The tanker jack-knifes on the interstate and crashes, spilling its contents all over the road. You try to hold your breath, but you inevitably take in a huge whiff of the chemical... of Kenzo Homme.
30th September, 2014 (last edited: 29th September, 2014)
In one word: Unique.

Created in 1991 and has stood the test of time. Nothing like it in the world of aquatic fragrances. It is maturity in that curved bottle. I see virile and confident men wearing this. Longevity and sillage are way above average. It is a serious fragrance...no joke...no play play.

I dig it big time.
09th August, 2014
Definitely not aquatic, despite all the water imagery in the ads and descriptions. A very heavy, dark scent; I had to think of elderly ladies. That may not be the most flattering association, but Kenzo pour Homme is actually quite pleasant, once you get a little used to it. Definitely interesting and bold.
01st August, 2014

Add your review of Kenzo pour Homme

Shop for Kenzo pour Homme products online

Shop for Kenzo pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Kenzo pour Homme

Member images of Kenzo pour Homme

There are no member images of Kenzo pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?