Kipling (1986)

About Kipling

Kipling is a masculine fragrance by Weil. The scent was launched in 1986

Kipling fragrance notes

Reviews of Kipling

What an opening: bergamot, citrus and lavender combine with a superb artemisia, and are underlined by a great juniper impression that adds an extra unexpected twist; a slightly boozy note is also notable. The drydown is a classic floral triad of carnation, geranium and jasmine, again just delicious. The base continues in classical style with cedar, patchouli and leather, but the star here is a wonderfully rounded and herbal oak moss of top-notch quality turning this into a fougère base of the finest quality. The performance is a power-laden Formula-1 heaven: great silage, supreme projection, and an absolutely astounding longevity on my skin: I am getting seventeen hours! Wow, a grand classic but not unoriginal and certainly a masterpiece of Weil, and one of the great chypres.
04th June, 2014
jujy54 Show all reviews
A less adventurous Yatagan, and since Yatagan is avaiable and inexpensive, you can skip the ebay mishegoss.
01st August, 2012
I like this one a lot. To me it's very similar to Xeryus by Givenchy, but Kipling is woodier, dryer, less sweet. Elegant and subtle
06th March, 2010
vadim Show all reviews
Russian Federation
Not bad at all as affordable vintage scents go - solid, warm, woodsy, spicy, and with a character of its own - but I'd be hard pressed to prefer this one to some of the other classics from the era. I certainly see the Quorum connection, although Kipling comes across as a bit more refined and less artificial. There's also a sour/bitter note in Kipling that I find slightly irritating. And where's the spice and adventure suggested by the name?
24th April, 2007
I used this one many years ago and I remember liking it. Since I havent tried it for a long time I am not sure of how it smelled - but I definitely know I liked it. It was a woody-oriental scent and I have a vague memory that it reminded me of Jazz for some odd reason. Please correct me if I am wrong.
benb
19th April, 2007
This is a wonderful and hard to find cologne. It's a great woody, warm scent...Not too loud and not too soft...Just right. It's nothing like quorum (review below). And it's still listed on e bay every now and then. Try it...You'll like it.
28th September, 2005

Add your review of Kipling

Shop for Kipling products online

Search Amazon for Kipling

Member images of Kipling

There are no member images of Kipling yet. Why not be the first?