Knize Ten (1924)

HouseKnize
PerfumerVincent Roubert
PerfumerFrançois Coty

About Knize Ten

Knize Ten is a masculine fragrance by Knize. The scent was launched in 1924 and the fragrance was created by perfumers François Coty and Vincent Roubert

Reviews of Knize Ten

This is a lot at once. Very perfumey. I definately get some carnation and oakmoss and other green notes and citrus, but it's all mushed up together.

This is a blending style I'm just not a fan of.
28th February, 2017
I'm in the minority on this.. I rarely review fragrances but I adore Knize ten. I'm in the minority not because I adore the scent, but because I prefer the new formulation over the vintage Knize ten from years ago. The scent is misleading, like a good scotch... it's an acquired,taste but it's completely unobjectionable. It reminds me of vintage tabarome from creed in austerity terms, but is far superior because it has hints of florals and even rubbery leathers. It also reminds me of guerlain vetiver but is more leathery and floral. It's truly a masterpiece and is my signature scent. I wear various scents from Santa Maria novella, creed, mdci, Lorenzo villoresi, amouge, guerlain, le artisan, and many others. Knize ten, is superior to them all for me. I wea this day, evenings, to work, at home, while sitting in coffee shops... it never fails to impress me on ANY occasion. I've received compliments on it,from young and old women, no kidding. I like,to,wear,different things but I always "come back" to,Knize,ten.. I'm typing from iPad , so,please pardon the punctuation errors. Love Knize ten. The "new formula" is more balanced than the vintage Knize ten. I plan to try the golden edition from Knize , but I adore, as stated, this fragrance. It's certainly bottleworthy and were it 2x the price and from creed, people would flock to,this scent. It's simply amazing, leather, floral, smoke, burning leaves, masculine, skin, petrol, but above all refined, daring, safe, daring. Lots going on here! But in a great way.
27th December, 2016 (last edited: 07th January, 2017)
It is really the best masculin leather scent ever made. It's classy, herbal, sweet, dark and flowery with long staying power and an amazing dry down. It's my signature scent and so suitable for any situation and season, even in summer.
20th December, 2016
Knize Ten stands alone -- I haven't come across anything else remotely like it. Most people seem to slot this into the "leather" category but I perceive nothing leather-like about it. In fact, if I were posed the question "does this smell more like leather or vinyl?" I'd probably have to go with the latter. There's something mildly industrial about it. For me, this clearly wasn't a case of love at first sniff. But I have to say I didn't give up and each time I go back to it (and I do keep going back) I find something that is at least interesting. Maybe some day that will turn into "compelling." I can't tell whether the intrigue has peaked or temporarily plateaued, so I remain neutral for now. One thing seems certain: wearing this will draw very mixed reactions from those in the immediate vicinity. When I apply it I do so sparingly.
09th September, 2016
The moment I sprayed this on me, I felt it was mine. Something I could wear every day. It's musky with a sweetness and lightness too it that keep it from being heavy and overly masculine. I love the amber in it, and the smell of fur and leather.

I wore it all day at work, and couldn't sweat it off. I'm thinking about buying a full bottle.
14th July, 2016 (last edited: 06th January, 2017)
I have read so many glowing reviews of this scent that I had to try it. Unfortunately, I can not decipher what everyone is smelling in this...why is it so good/ To me it smells like an industrial cleaning product made of synthetic ingredients. It does not develop on me nor does it have any staying power. What it smells of to me is a very fake, linear heliotrope....a bit of cherry-vanilla-ish chemical scent. At the risk of being contrary as I know this is a beloved scent; it smells one note and cheap. I get no leather or anything approaching an animalic aspect which I really love.
I am glad I purchased only a decant to sample.

I am changing my review of this EDT. I love it. This is an example going back to try a frag and feeling different about it the second time.

Knize Ten is classic and all those male movie actors who used it can't be wrong!

I love the drydown of this....leather, castoreum, musk ......WOW!!
I will be purchasing this soon....
03rd April, 2016 (last edited: 26th June, 2016)

Add your review of Knize Ten