Knize Ten (1924)

HouseKnize
PerfumerVincent Roubert
PerfumerFrançois Coty

About Knize Ten

Knize Ten is a masculine fragrance by Knize. The scent was launched in 1924 and the fragrance was created by perfumers François Coty and Vincent Roubert

Reviews of Knize Ten

For some reason was expecting more. Beginning is oily and petrol. Dry down is powdery and ...?
Longevity good. Projection poor.
15th July, 2017
It is time to accept the truth. Patou Pour Homme is not the greatest perfume in the world, neither is Shalimar, nor Vintage Tabarome.

This title only belongs to vintage Knize Ten. It is more a way of life instead of just being a perfume.
26th May, 2017
This is a lot at once. Very perfumey. I definately get some carnation and oakmoss and other green notes and citrus, but it's all mushed up together.

This is a blending style I'm just not a fan of.
28th February, 2017
I'm in the minority on this.. I rarely review fragrances but I adore Knize ten. I'm in the minority not because I adore the scent, but because I prefer the new formulation over the vintage Knize ten from years ago. The scent is misleading, like a good scotch... it's an acquired,taste but it's completely unobjectionable. It reminds me of vintage tabarome from creed in austerity terms, but is far superior because it has hints of florals and even rubbery leathers. It also reminds me of guerlain vetiver but is more leathery and floral. It's truly a masterpiece and is my signature scent. I wear various scents from Santa Maria novella, creed, mdci, Lorenzo villoresi, amouge, guerlain, le artisan, and many others. Knize ten, is superior to them all for me. I wea this day, evenings, to work, at home, while sitting in coffee shops... it never fails to impress me on ANY occasion. I've received compliments on it,from young and old women, no kidding. I like,to,wear,different things but I always "come back" to,Knize,ten.. I'm typing from iPad , so,please pardon the punctuation errors. Love Knize ten. The "new formula" is more balanced than the vintage Knize ten. I plan to try the golden edition from Knize , but I adore, as stated, this fragrance. It's certainly bottleworthy and were it 2x the price and from creed, people would flock to,this scent. It's simply amazing, leather, floral, smoke, burning leaves, masculine, skin, petrol, but above all refined, daring, safe, daring. Lots going on here! But in a great way.
27th December, 2016 (last edited: 07th January, 2017)
It is really the best masculin leather scent ever made. It's classy, herbal, sweet, dark and flowery with long staying power and an amazing dry down. It's my signature scent and so suitable for any situation and season, even in summer.
20th December, 2016
Knize Ten stands alone -- I haven't come across anything else remotely like it. Most people seem to slot this into the "leather" category but I perceive nothing leather-like about it. In fact, if I were posed the question "does this smell more like leather or vinyl?" I'd probably have to go with the latter. There's something mildly industrial about it. For me, this clearly wasn't a case of love at first sniff. But I have to say I didn't give up and each time I go back to it (and I do keep going back) I find something that is at least interesting. Maybe some day that will turn into "compelling." I can't tell whether the intrigue has peaked or temporarily plateaued, so I remain neutral for now. One thing seems certain: wearing this will draw very mixed reactions from those in the immediate vicinity. When I apply it I do so sparingly.
09th September, 2016