Knize Ten (1924)

HouseKnize
PerfumerVincent Roubert
PerfumerFrançois Coty

About Knize Ten

Knize Ten is a masculine fragrance by Knize. The scent was launched in 1924 and the fragrance was created by perfumers François Coty and Vincent Roubert

Reviews of Knize Ten

Man, I love Knize Ten. This stuff cuts to the chase. It smells like a sweaty hide, then a worn saddle, then a fresh lemon, then an ashtray, and then some good tobacco. I can't think of another scent that so perfectly captures the smell of old-school Texas men, who lived halfway across the world from where this fragrance was created. But Knize Ten a time capsule, from an era that seems recognizably modern in most respects, until one gets a whiff of this stuff, and then it takes you somewhere that you may recognize even if you've never been there before--all through its olfactory image of what people once smelled like, before deodorant sticks, smoking bans, washing machines, hand sanitizer, and running water in every home.
20th March, 2016
Why have I spent my life never having smelled the classic Knize Ten until now? An incredibly beautiful fragrance, and I can understand why it's been a Hollywood favorite since the 30's.

I get leather, lemon, a dusty summer rose, cinnamon, musk and warm amber. The lemon starts prominent and then lingers, slowly fading to reveal the amber and cinnamon. The rose stands forward and intertwines with the leather. The only drawback for me is that it does get very dry and dusty, (not quite powdery) in the dry down.

Smells very classic and refined. Highly masculine and could be worn by anybody, any time, any place. I like it, but want to sample the more modern Golden Ten now. I would still easily give this a Thumbs Up.
19th February, 2016 (last edited: 20th February, 2016)
Quite frankly, when I first tried this, I thought it was a new niche, artisan thing, so unique it was.It had been handed to me in an unlabeled vial,by an acquaintance who asked" What do you think of this?"
Closest description to my reaction was much the same as Montagne.
This stuff develops into "The Bomb"
1924? It is Timeless!
A draw of this sits beside my Cuir de Russie. I use it sparingly as it is Uber M.
Unlike the Chanel, with which I can wear daily, this suits me well when I'm tuxedo-ed.
11th February, 2016
jujy54 Show all reviews
Whoa. This IS a masculine. My souvenir of Vienna. I love it but feel a bit self conscious wearing it straight up, so I fem it up a bit with half a spritz of the redoubtable Perfumer's Workshop's Tea Rose layered under this sharp, tobacco-redolent leather. I'd love to smell it on a guy, especially after he's been out on a run or playing sports. ohlala.
23rd November, 2015
Urinal cakes.
01st November, 2015
Currently wearing the vintage edition. Opening with a harsh leather, this is what K10 is known for. It's a very carnal fragrance and slowly reveals itself. Consider it a defense mechanism, "give me time", it says, "I'm very in-depth" However, I have loved K10 from the start to the very faint end.

So far, to this day, I have not found a fragrance that can blend the animalic and floral to this extent. Perfect for a hot day if you have a soft spot for the castoreum.

8.7/10