L'Anarchiste (2000)

PerfumerRichard Fraysse
PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyAles Group

About L'Anarchiste

L'Anarchiste is a masculine fragrance by Caron. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Richard Fraysse. The bottle was designed by Serge Mansau

L'Anarchiste fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Anarchiste

After reading other's reviews, I could not wait to try this.
If I didnt get the immediate burst of cinnamon and mint, I would swear that my sample was mislabeled. Because within 10 minutes of application, all I got was the smell of my Dad's Noxema shaving cream.
I was really looking forward to something outrageous, not minty, freshly scrubbed.
Meh.
24th June, 2017 (last edited: 19th August, 2017)
Has it really been 16 years since L'Anarchiste first came to market? Wow, time does more on!"

This wins the award for most beautiful packaging. The original black box with the impressive copper bottle is truly special and it reeks of quality! I purchased a few as gifts
just because of the packaging!

The fragrance is really good too, and the unique blend of orange, menthol and vetiver set it apart from commonplace. I find L'Anarchiste very modern and somewhat futuristic due to the metallic note which is surprising yet pleasant to my senses.

I haven't tried the new Fraysse reformation and I'm not sure that I want to. Sometimes it's best to remember great things as they were and leave it at that.
28th December, 2016
Metallic orange...that's the sum of it. Blind bought this one based on the strength of other outings by Caron, but didn't take to it like I thought just by looking at the fragrance pyramid. Not awful, just somewhat confusing and synthetic.

17th December, 2016
Talk about "different" and "off", L'Anarchiste is it!
Funeral and wedding at the same time.

Rough and gentle, warm and cold, loud and silent, happy and sad, sane and mad.

Fruity notes and fresh mint combined with woods and musk create a feel of iron or copper to be precise. Highly unusual fragrance, hard to love and hard to hate at the same time. Absolutely unique.

This anarchist is more that of a nobility. Educated and calm, but had his rough time on the streets once. Now he's brooding while drinking a fine cognac, watching the parliament building in the distance from his window. Soon it'll burn. He knows, it's all settled. The clock is ticking final hours.
06th June, 2016
This was an extremely familiar smell. I must have smelled it on a thousand people in my life. It smells old-school and I was surprised to see it was just released in 2000. It's very much not my style and the "sandalwood" drydown smells like a spicier, masculinized Samsara. Overall it's a soapy, spicy, well-composed smell that just isn't for me.
30th May, 2016
I enjoy this fragrance and while it's unique, the candied fruit, spices, and woods remind me of Egoiste, which I prefer.
08th February, 2016

Add your review of L'Anarchiste

Shop for L'Anarchiste products online

Shop for L'Anarchiste at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Anarchiste

Member images of L'Anarchiste

There are no member images of L'Anarchiste yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to L'Anarchiste