L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (1994)
by Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme information

Year of Launch1994

HouseIssey Miyake
PerfumerJacques Cavallier
PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

L'Eau D'Issey is very popular, and is a big hit with the ladies. The packaging and bottle are very minimalist.

Reviews of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

When I first sprayed the cologne on my wrists it smelled like burning plastic. It stayed that way for an hour. The fragrance after an hour was okay. But in a way it was too heavy. Have not had a pleasant experience with this cologne. My co-workers like it though. Everyone has a different opinion.

24th August, 2016
Holiday scents #4 - l'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme

I tried this at the same point (i.e. on holiday) last year to no good effect, due to zero performance and lack of discernible notes. The scentsamples web site, after a certain spend, will send you a free sample of something they think you will like given your purchase history. Good for them, but I wonder how they could possibly abstract LDPH from Black Aoud, Interlude, and l'Air du Desert Marocain? Anyway, this is what they sent, so I took the summer holiday as an opportunity to re-test.

This time it does better - but not by much. Bare skin evidences fly-repellant, hidden body areas something more akin to stale sweat. The attractiveness of the scent improves over time to an acceptable form of citrus, but by the four-hour mark, just as there is the hint of redemption, it's more or less gone. To emphasise, this is not a generic problem; it's just that there are legions of scents out there that fulfil LDPH's aims better, and at any price point you care to name. Apart from the solid Nuit d'Issey, I find the line's popularity unaccountable.
08th August, 2016
This is an interesting fragrance- the difference between smelling it on the scent strip vs. on my skin.

On a scent strip:
Initially it is a very tart citrus. This scent remains the same throughout the 3 hour mark and well into 6-10 hours.

On my skin:
When I spray it on me it becomes more of a sweet citrus (orange scent). The scent is between an orange peel and the scent inside an orange.

The frag changes slightly after 30-45 minutes. It smells the same as before but adds a slight orange tart scent. That overall scent is pretty linear throughout the entire lifespan of the fragrance.

This scent is best for summer days and projects within arms length and lasts roughly 6 hours. That is with 2 sprays. For me it is at arms length for about 1-2 hours and then it retreats back to my skin. After that I can only smell it. I can see if you over spray- it can get a little intense for others.
07th August, 2016
There was AdG and then there was Issey Miyake Pour Homme. These were the two heavy hitters at the time and still to this day people love them. IMPH is known for the combination of Yuzu and florals combined with an aquatic element. Still one of the best summer fragrances ever made and should be at least worn a few times by anyone that calls themselves a fragrance lover.
01st June, 2016
I still find this scent to be spectacular. Well constructed and balanced. This juice has good longevity and projection. Spring and summer wear. This was my first Yuzu scent and it does not disappoint. Now that prices have come down considerably I would strongly suggest buying a bottle. I have noticed that there has been a slight reformulation in my current bottle but it is still amazing. Enjoy!
23rd May, 2016
it is what it is. Like One Million and Joop! before it, you know a scent is iconic when its equally hated and adored. I didnt know until I started reading negative posts about it, on blogs many yrs ago, that ANYONE with two brain cells, disliked this stuff, lol.

But I understand folks have opinions. I totally get it. And the negative opinions about this scent, actually motivated me to do some research on which notes were responsible for the MANY dislikes. Some people, like me, LOVE citrus focused scents. And some do not. It really is that simple.

even tho' Miyake's people have thrown a million notes in it, its fundamentally a well structured, albeit, EXTREMELY synthetic creation. But Im a firm believer, that was completely by design. I think Miyake tried very hard to make us understand, not every single thing needs to smell organic, to smell very nice.

And he proved it. This is one of the more versatile scents out there...a number of well known celebs and athletes, happen to love it. And there are just as many professonial everyday people, who swear by it, too. This is that scent that you will smell more than anything else in your work environment.

No, its not groundbreaking. And the Earth didnt move when I first wore it. But while many are running around looking for a very affordable citrus juice that lasts all day (as I have, in the past), my search came to a very abrupt end, when I settled on this, Eau De New York, Boucheron Pour Homme and a more recent purchase, Yuzu Fou/Parfum d`Empire.

Safe to say, I dont need another citrus frag' for the remainder of my life, on this planet.
26th April, 2016

Add your review of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

Shop for L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme products online

Shop for L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

Member images of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

There are no member images of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?