L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (1994)
by Issey Miyake

SupplierFirmenich
PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

L'Eau D'Issey is very popular, and is a big hit with the ladies. The packaging and bottle are very minimalist.

Reviews of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

This is a somewhat reserved, almost neutral rating. It's a thumbs up with a very big caveat - that you've never worn it before the reformulation.

L'eau D'Issey pour homme has become a great lesson for me in respect to the effect of reformulation and the effect of scent memory upon a buyer's expectations. It's probably not for me anymore, but I still think it's good, and I'll explain why.

This was my daily driver for some time, an easy dumb grab for the office and a fragrance I really enjoyed. Fresh as fork, went really well with my skin and that yuzu note... woof. I love me some yuzu and this was just magnificent.

I don’t know if I’d be as harsh to say it's now lemon pledge, because let's be honest, this was never subtle or gentle in its delivery. It always punched you square in the nose with sharp, dry freshness. For me, this is now Sad Panda pour homme, or just straight up L’eau Disappointment.

So why the thumbs up? I went in to my local cafe wearing some of the reformulated juice a little while ago and the owners (husband and wife) came out for a chat with me. I've been a customer for over a decade. They've both admired some of my fragrances before, but they immediately fell in love with L'eau D'Issey and the husband chose to purchase it right then and there. They've both been stoked with it and keep thanking me for letting them know about it.

I've recently acquired Guerlain Vetiver for the first time - to me it's magnificent. There is, however, a gentleman who's reviewed it on Basenotes and has been quite scathing of the modern reformulation, because he regularly purchased and wore the original. The current version simply doesn't measure up to his expectations.

After having this experience with L'eau D'Issey, I completely understand his point of view... but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the current Guerlain Vetiver fragrance I've come to know. In this case, ignorance truly is bliss.

This is still quite wearable and I have too many good memories to trash it. I won't enjoy wearing what I have left and may regift it soon, but for a new buyer who's never experienced the original, it's a worthy purchase.
26th October, 2019 (last edited: 09th November, 2019)
I wasn't really that impressed with L'Eau d'Issey PH despite my curiosity over the abundant positive reviews. This didn't form the fresh genre- Claiborne for Men and Eternity for Men (both released in 1989) were responsible for that. But I've never tried this fragrance before so I thought I'd give this fresh scent from the 90's a go...

This opens up very fresh, bitter, and initially really sour from the yuzu. I imagine this goes an alternate route to grapefruit. The sourness goes away in about 5 minutes. I get the floral quality which isn't bad at all. A kind of light mixture composed of vetiver, saffron, and sandalwood. The wood takes a little moisture out of the yuzu as it develops. It goes to almost a skin scent within 30 minutes and is gone 5-6 hours.

In my opinion L'Eau d'Issey PH may use a few exotic notes, but it smells very generic for a fresh scent from it's very bland construction. It's not far from smelling like a lot of Adidas fragrances. It's transparent and boring. Spend $15 and get yourself a bottle of Claiborne for Men(1989)...it's deeper and longer lasting than this. Even if L'Eau d'Issey PH were $15 in a drugstore...I'd still buy Claiborne for Men.
24th September, 2019
A sweaty techno club in the 90th, everybody wearing CK One, smelt from inside the fresh deodorized men's room.

.Sexy.
17th July, 2019 (last edited: 18th July, 2019)
i bought this when it first came out, what a wonderful fragrance. lasted forever and projected very very well. now it smells like PLEDGE and does not last at all. i would never get this again. another example of how reformulation has ruined a fragrance. this has happened to many a fragrances. they just dont last or project well anymore. and people keep on buying this stuff? we need to send a message to all perfume houses to bring back the quality stuff again. this is not acceptable. and enough will all the different versions and flankers. this house and ck must have a million of them and all of them are mediocre according to ratings i have seen. just make a couple of really good fragrances that really last and project and get it over with.
04th May, 2018
Starts off with a fresh yuzu and lemon verbana along with some sort of Oriental spices. It's pleasant and deceptively strong. It seems to get stronger the longer I wear it, and for this reason I'd only wear max. 2 sprays at a time. It leans masculine however could be unisex. On drydown more of the spices appear. Base notes have woody notes. Sillage and longevity are both great. So far I've gotten one compliment on this, and was told that sillage travels all the way to metres across the room, although I couldn't smell it that much (probably due to olfactory fatigue). Overall it's a very unique fragrance due to the strong and long-lastung yuzu note; it smells very "Japanese". Bottle design is also amazing and done in this minimalistic Japanese Zen sort of style.

UPDATE: I can only give this a 3.5/5 because the modern reformulation has totally ruined this fragrance - the yuzu is extremely weak while the warm spices are very strong. If you want something in a similar style but far better, go for L'eau d'Issey pour homme Fraiche by Issey Miyake.

3.5/5
03rd May, 2018
First and foremost, this is an extremely inoffensive scent. It's not daring in any way, and that's exactly what some people are looking for. If you're a middle-aged businessman who's relatively happy where's he's at, by all means, try this scent. Your wife will like it. Your kids will like it. Your boss and coworkers and clients will like it.

But no one will love it. No one will smell this and be transported to a fantasy landscape.

Has some mildly spicy, sweet, and floral notes, but smells predominantly of white musk. Good silage, fairly stable. And very little about this suggests it should be classified as an aquatic, even though it often is.

A pleasing scent, but nothing very original.
18th January, 2018

Add your review of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

Shop for L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme products online

Shop for L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme at online perfumeries

Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey Pour Homme 2.5 oz EDT spray+ 3.3 shower gel Set NIB

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 3:13:33 PST
Buy It Now for only: $42.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

L'eau D'issey Pour Homme Sport Cologne Issey Miyake Men EDT Spray 1.7 3.4 6.7 oz

Buy It Now for only: $43.21

Buy It Now for only: $69.99

Buy It Now for only: $43.21
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

L'EAU D'ISSEY BY ISSEY MIYAKE POUR HOMME EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 125ML (T - W/C)

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 6:19:50 PST
Buy It Now for only: $48.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

L'EAU D'ISSEY BY ISSEY MIYAKE POUR HOMME SUMMER EDT SPRAY 125 ML.REF:4884260 (T)

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 6:41:26 PST
Buy It Now for only: $59.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

L eau d issey pour homme

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 7:48:58 PST

L'eau D'issey Pour Homme Intense By Issey Miyake Edt Spray 4.2 Oz

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 11:42:10 PST
Buy It Now for only: $44.00

Member images of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

There are no member images of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?