L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (1994)
by Issey Miyake

SupplierFirmenich
PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

L'Eau D'Issey is very popular, and is a big hit with the ladies. The packaging and bottle are very minimalist.

Reviews of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

A great scent. I was wearing this for 12 years. Then I stopped liking it overnight, which was, of course, my own problem, not a problem of the perfume.
10th June, 2017
I bought this and really wanted to like it as I generally love fresh and citrus scents. It just has a sour and synthetic quality to it that I can't get past. Actually gave me a head ache.
Some love this, but not me. All I can say - the bottle is really attractive.
17th May, 2017
I tend not to wear this very much but that doesn't diminish the quality of this scent. With Dior's Cologne and Allure Homme Sport Cologne being recent additions to my wardrobe, L'Eau D'Issey has moved down in the rotation. Though every time I put it on I am reminded at how unique it is and the performance is way above average for a freshie.
24th March, 2017
If you love citrus, this may be the cologne for you. It's like getting hit with a citrus truck. It smells the way eating a citrus fruit rind tastes. The experience of spraying this is actually very comparable to biting into an unpeeled grapefruit like you'd bite into an apple or pear. Harsh and sharp, but either the harshness fades or I just get used to it. Despite its harshness, I don't hate it. It's not pleasant or unpleasant, the way dish soap is usually not pleasant or unpleasant. On someone else's skin it could work. But it strikes me as an opening a lot of people would have a negative reaction to, and it's at least a little overbearing on bare skin (it's pleasant enough under your shirt or if you do the mist-walk through method).

This cologne is, in a word, opinionated. It's loud and unapologetic, a lot like that one friend everyone has who is only tolerable in small doses. Then again, that friend doesn't overwhelm *everyone*, so I guess this scent is like that. It's definitely interesting, and I get the feeling that it's one that can grow on you.

If you're neutral on citrus like I am, DEFINITELY give this one a miss.
17th February, 2017 (last edited: 18th February, 2017)
Vile artificial headache in a bottle. One of only three fragrances that have ever induced immediate nauseous reactions on me. More power to you if you can pull this one off, but alas I'll admire the bottle from afar.
08th February, 2017
Was okay in the nineties when I was a student, but would only consider it as bathroom freshener (a poor performing synthetic smell). Don't wear if you are looking for compliments there are so many better alternatives for the money.
14th January, 2017

Add your review of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

Shop for L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme products online

Shop for L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

Member images of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

There are no member images of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?