L'Eau de L'Artisan (1993)
    by L'Artisan Parfumeur

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 194 ratings

L'Eau de L'Artisan information

L'Eau de L'Artisan is a unisex fragrance by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1993

Shop for L'Eau de L'Artisan products online

Reviews of L'Eau de L'Artisan

Showing 1 to 6 of 38 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Citrus

L’Artisan Parfumeur faced a common, yet challenging conundrum with this scent: how do you do a “modern” riff on the traditional eau de Cologne? Their answer, unfortunately, was to start with a soft-focus, mandarin-based version of the conventional citrus and herb blend, then spike it with a mere dash of some fruity aquatic aromachemical that smells an awful lot like Calone. This idea was probably hackneyed even in 1993, and by now it’s been cheapened beyond all redemption by shampoo and body spray associations. To pay niche perfume prices for something this commonplace seems absurd.

For an idea of what could be done with citrus and herbs in 1993, go find Eau de Rochas Homme or Bulgari’s original Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert, both of which still manage to smell delightfully original.

19 June, 2014

michailG's avatar

This was a blind buy from Winners Toronto that I regret. It is an eau alright but not in a good way. At first I get a burst of citrus that is sharp and dry then it mellows and lightens up so much so that I wonder what is the point of wearing this. I douche myself with something like 6 spays just to actually get surrounded by the initial citrus brightness but after an hour it turns tangy and slightly sweet on my skin and after a couple of hours it stays so close to my skin that I barely feel it. In addition, although I always appreciate hesperides I must admit that Eau de l' Artisan has a generic feeling to it. I find no depth and originality in it and I wouldn't recommend it. I bought the 50ml bottle for 56CAD and I am sorry that I did.

31st March, 2013

nonnative's avatar

I never liked citrus/fresh fragrances. Too simple, clean and unsofisticated to me. They remind me of dish soap too often. But I like "l'eau de l'artisan". there is something classy and misterious in it. Something that make it special. Perhaps the gourmand note that defines all L'Artisan creations, perhaps the softness of the drydown. But I like it. It couldn't be my parfum as it doesn't describe me or my personality but it is a very very good parfum. Well done Olivia!

21st August, 2012

The_Cologneist's avatar

The moment I put this on my skin I said to myself WOW. Wow for 2 reasons.. 1 because it smells extremely similar to a cheapy that I own called Eau Maximum by Nickel. And, 2 because it doesn't strike me as a L'Artisan scent.

To simplify this one.. It smells like Eau Maximum with Hani Mori's (edt) lemon top note. If ya know H.M., then you know the lemon drop top note I'm referring to.

Is L'Eau de "'Artisan enjoyable? Most definitely.. one of the better niche fresh fragrances easily, but it's not unique to my nose, and isn't worth the price at all. The juice inside the bottle is worth 30 bucks at best.. not because it smells cheap, because it doesn't really, but because I as a designer and cheapy specialist know where to find similar scents, and I personally have no need for this in my arsenal.

But before I finish up and tell you folks this useless information, let me dissect L'Eau de L'Artisan a little bit. What I get is a big lemony opening, the reminded me of the lemon note found in H.M. EDT, as it dries a little bit it becomes slightly herbal, with a sweet basil note mixing in with the lemon, but the lemon still dominates the opening. The lemon in this is quite candy-like, making it seem very synthetic. As it dries, it just gets greener, slightly mossy, and a hay note in the end, but the lemon is the star player here.

05 January, 2011

BayKAT's avatar

Here is a question for the reader: have you ever gone out for a nice meal in Paris? If so, you know it goes like this: you dress up in your finest, you order your meal and wait for a very long time, you see the best meal of your life set before you, and in seven bites it is gone.

This is how a Giacobetti fragrance wears: too awesome and too short lived. I've now sampled enough of Olivia's fragrances to state with confidence that she is one of the best noses out there, but for heaven's sake, why isn't anyone giving her a budget to work with for longer lasting concentrations???

L'eau is plain brilliant. Mint and Basil- yum. How refreshing. makes you want to get up and move, sing, kiss someone, tell a joke. A very uplifting fragrance.

Sigh. My only wish is that Ms. Giacobetti will open her own restaurant someday.

14 September, 2010

Sunsetspawn's avatar

The top is lemondroppy green and the bottom is a fruity musk. Somewhere in between there was some magic brewing, and had it stopped and lingered there I would've had some serious "big purchasing" to consider, but it didn't last. It's light, but not the type of disappearing-act light that has become a trademark of the niche fresh fragrances. Overall, it's nice with about 20 minutes of fantastic.

24 July, 2010

Seville a L'Aube by L'artisan Parfumeur Eau De Parfum .7ml Vial Sample
    • Time Left: 8 days
    Timbuktu by L'artisan Parfumeur Eau De Toilette 1.7 oz Spray
    (Shipping from United States)
    L'Artisan Parfumeur Batucada 1ml sample EDT Eau de Toilette TRY!
    • Time Left: 22 days