Lacoste (original) (1984)

Year of Launch1984

HouseLacoste
Parent Company at launchJean Patou

About Lacoste (original)

Lacoste (original) is a masculine fragrance by Lacoste. The scent was launched in 1984

Lacoste (original) fragrance notes

Reviews of Lacoste (original)

This member of the Lacoste family suffers from the same affliction plaguing the rest of the line - pathetic longevity. In this case, however, it feels intentional; a sporty scent made to be fleeting and refreshing without sacrificing quality, and one which can be liberally reapplied without issue. The opening smells mostly of bergamot and lemon or grapefruit, with a disarmingly soft sage note rising up to bridge the citrus to the remarkably pleasant sandalwood base. The base itself smells like a decent sandalwood, but may actually be a collective of wood and tonka which simulates sandal very well. This is an ideal pick for a 'Summer scent,' and I am very glad Lacoste didn't feel the need to put Sport in the title.
24th August, 2016
It only took me 30 years as I recently just discovered this cheerful sporting fragrance. Born in 1984, this could easily be called "Quorum Fraicheur" as the geranium heart and mossy dry down resemblance is very near although not as complex while projecting much lighter. I plan on enjoying Lacoste more often once spring rolls around as everything old is new again!
22nd February, 2015
ad_scott Show all reviews
Fresh and invigorating; best worn at summertime! Gin and tonic on the rocks, lemons and limes, grass in a meadow...I always feel like a game of tennis when I wear this! Charming and classic '80s fragrance; always brings back the good times...
23rd December, 2014
I've worn Lacoste occasionally for several years, and always enjoyed it. But somehow today it struck me in a way I've never quite experienced before, and it's as if I'm smelling it for the first time. The fresh citrus and green notes blend perfectly, and a light floral note (lilac or jonquil, perhaps?) peeks out a bit. Then the mossy and woody notes emerge, and the interplay is just delightful --- subtle, but delightful. I have a whole new appreciation for this now --- it's like hearing brand new details in a familiar piece of music!

According to H&R's Fragrance Guide, the notes are:

Top: Lavender, bergamot, lemon, clary sage, lime
Middle: Green Note, basil, jasmin, carnation, galbanum
Base: Cedarwood, vetiver, moss, tonka, musk, amber
25th June, 2014
This one used to be my daily wearer back in college. I liked it because it was very masculine, while still holding on to some of that clean citrus. Back in college (when I was cheap), I could find this one at Marshall's for around $20. It seems to have gone up in price since then. If you can find this for a bargain somewhere, it would be a good one to mix it up. This one is played out for me though.
23rd April, 2013
The height of cleanliness, I imagine this to be a 1980s very French take on a sports scent by Lacoste.

A simple and well-constructed fresh scent which suffers slightly from its limited staying power, otherwise this is an excellent adaptable choice for casual and formal wear. Lemon and bergamot are crisp in the opening if not long lasting, with pine continuing the shower fresh sensation amidst the florals that comprise the manly, spicy heart. This dries down fairly quickly to a smooth, masculine base of delightfully fragrant sandalwood, which reminds me of the sandalwood bars of soap that are ubiquitous to bathrooms all over India.

Medium silage and short longevity in all weathers, don't be afraid to reapply liberally. Nevertheless, this is a must have and puts the modern interpretation of a 'sport' scent to shame.
20th November, 2012

Add your review of Lacoste (original)

Shop for Lacoste (original) products online

Shop for Lacoste (original) at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lacoste (original)

Member images of Lacoste (original)

There are no member images of Lacoste (original) yet. Why not be the first?