Lacoste Eau de Sport (1968)
by Lacoste

Lacoste Eau de Sport information

Year of Launch1968
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseLacoste
PerfumerJean Kerleo
Parent Company at launchJean Patou

About Lacoste Eau de Sport

Lacoste Eau de Sport is a masculine fragrance by Lacoste. The scent was launched in 1968 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean Kerleo

Reviews of Lacoste Eau de Sport

Stardate 20180608:

Oh how I pined for this. For 2 years. And when I finally got to try it, it was underwhelming. Perhaps my longing and anticipation set the bar too high for Kerleo.

A traditional cuminy fougere. Eau Hermes came to mind when I applied this. More wearable and less skanky than Hermes. I am not a cumin fan (do like it in food just not in my fragrances). This one is a pass at the prices it goes for.

08th June, 2018
A memorable one for me. My parents sent me off on my first trip alone abroad. I don't remember what store I found it in but it was either in Tokyo or Hong Kong, 1979 and this was one of my "souvenir" buys, along with clothes etc. I remember it as pleasant, unpretentious, not overpowering in the heat. Never found it again after that bottle ran out. If they somehow resurrected this under another name, would like to know.
29th June, 2016
Oviatt Show all reviews
This should properly be listed under Jean Patou, who had the Lacoste license originally. The Patou brand was much more important and famous than Lacoste, but to Patou the shirts made so famous by Rene Lacoste represented all that was best about the sporting life and inspired the creating of this fresh, classic cologne. I remember it as being fresh and citric in the opening, with dry herbs (my favorite clary sage) and maybe even some cumin in the base notes. I know that it sounds like a cliche, but this is that French fresh/sweaty thing done to perfection. If only one could really smell like this after a few sets of tennis! The bottle, with its chest-like shape with the Lacoste crocodile over the heart is pure genius. This sticks in my mind as being a brother scent to Eau Sauvage. I do not know when this was discontinued but remember so well seeing this at better department stores--I got my bottle at Robinson's which has sadly gone the same way as Lacoste Eau de Sport.
08th July, 2015
Bigsly Show all reviews
A very nice blend, with just enough note separation. What you get here that you don't get with recent designer fragrances is a natural-smelling, rich, complex, and earthy, yet soft and rounded scent. It has a fresh aspect, with a touch of grassiness, as well as a distinct floral quality. The base is subtle yet excellent, with no one note overwhelming the others. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that it has the kind of muskiness that those used to only recent fragrances might not like.

I have the newer bottle, and the notes I found for it (at fragrantica.com) seem right:

"Top notes are lavender, mandarin orange, mint, basil, neroli, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are coriander, carnation, fir, clary sage, jasmine, rose and geranium; base notes are leather, sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk, oakmoss and cedar."

Also, it's strong and long-lasting so you can use just one spray.
10th May, 2011
I have been searching for a bottle of this FOREVER! I would die for a decant if anyone has it.. i will pay biggggg for it. dying to smell it.
01st March, 2011
tanto Show all reviews
This was one of my favorites. Classic, refreshing, and never over powering. Ahhhhh, what a pity that so many classics from yesteryear are no longer available. I would stock up on this one in a heartbeat. I can still smell it in my mind !!
21st November, 2008

Add your review of Lacoste Eau de Sport

Shop for Lacoste Eau de Sport products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Lacoste Eau de Sport