Lagerfeld Classic (1978)

PerfumerRon Winnegrad
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchEli Lilly & Co > Elizabeth Arden

About Lagerfeld Classic

Lagerfeld Classic is a masculine fragrance by Lagerfeld. The scent was launched in 1978 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ron Winnegrad

Reviews of Lagerfeld Classic

What provoked me to buy Lagerfeld several years ago was I smelled it on someone I was conversing with and I asked them...it was Lagerfeld Classic.I didn't buy it because I thought it was awesome...it seemed like a comfortable wear scent you could wear round or anywhere.I wore it 3 times and tossed it,here's my scent experience...

A lot of cedar in this combined with probably the best orange note I ever encountered followed with a twist of amber,somewhat powdery.Essentially the same experience that my nose got from smelling it on another individual.A few hours later, a disturbing quality blossomed out and seemed to channel through the cedar note.I can only describe it as if you took the scent of orchids and mold and combined them together.It's not moss...just a very dark green and pungent/musty smell.My skin chemistry is genuinely compatible with other fragrances...but I'll never forget Lagerfeld.
27th September, 2017
My oh my, what a classic indeed! Lagerfeld's potion from 1978 still amazes me to this day (though reformulations abound).

Definitely a soft oriental fragrance, with a powdery, sweet, amber and incense quality that lasts a long time. It can come across as too loud when oversprayed, so discretion is advised.

Classy, pleasant, simple and deep, Lagerfeld Classic isn't like the complicated fougeres that were also available in the 70's and 80's.
15th January, 2017
A big thumbs up for this one, reminiscent of vintage Shalimar, Habit Rouge, and even Furyo, and a better alternative to Furyo for a gentle, smoky, incense-stick, animalic fragrance; easy to wear, refined, and powdery.
19th December, 2016
To me this basically smells like a honeyed Obsession for Men, specifically, from my experience. Even before I sprayed it I thought of Obsession for Men because of the color of the juice! Mine is an Interparfums version (post-Coty).

If you like Obsession for Men, you'll maybe like this one. If you already own one of these, you may find the other redundant, I don't know. Good luck! :)
08th June, 2016
Picked up some Vintage Cologne of this, after reading Maillard's review. He put me on to Maxim's last year and his reviews on the mark 95% of the time. Also picked up some Fumerie Turque. He had also mentioned passing reference to that. Little to add to all of his excellent review except to say they are different enough to own both.
Vintage Lagerfeld fits squarely into it's era between the musky Etienne Aigner of the 70's and the powdery Maxim's et Tiffany for Men of the 80's. Well worth the search and recommended. There are various Vintages of this. Have found some are better than others.
Oh! Strip away the Bergamot add a little Lutens Sugar aand here you have Fumerie Turque.
20th May, 2016 (last edited: 16th January, 2017)
Vintage:
Powdery ambery old style frag. Has some Guerlainess in it. Nothing spectacular but nice if you can get for under $40(for 100ml)
09th May, 2016