Lagerfeld Man (2002)

PackagingCec Le Page
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchUnilever > Unilever Cosmetics International

About Lagerfeld Man

A crisp clean fragrance in a fantastic bottle.

Lagerfeld Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Lagerfeld Man

Easily one of the nices offerings by Lagerfeld for men, partially because it’s decent itself and partially because it would be a really easy win anyway. You can definitely smell Christine Nagel’s favourite notes and inspirations: Lagerfeld Man is a sharp, breezy, really thin Oriental blend based on a really nice and simple balance between cinnamon and cedar, with green-pine notes enhancing the natural-balsamic side of cedar, and some “laundry musk” (or something similar) giving some weight and “masculine” depth to the scent – vaguely barbershop, too. Shortly something similar to many “pencil shavings” fragrances, just with a bit more class and some more complex Oriental mood, mostly due to cinnamon which is quite heavy here, initially at least. Pleasantly refined and virile, even a bit dark and quite sophisticated given the sharp feel of woods and spices and the overall “minimalistic” approach; just a bit linear, the only evolution being a slow turn to vetiver then back to cedar (with an unexpected similarity to Gucci pour Homme II on the very final stages of drydown: Lagerfeld and that do share a couple of notes in fact), and also I am afraid a bit cheap as regards of the material. It does not “scream” cheapness, and Nagel surely did her best to make the most out of the budget; but still you clearly smell this isn’t Fendi Theorema for women or other masterpieces by this same nose. It is more, say, kind of a “budget version” of her skills. Nonetheless it is still really nice and perfectly enjoyable, with also a “niche” feel, just probably a tad below what it could have been with some more quality materials.

18th June, 2015
Lagerfeld Man is an amazing fragrance. The sheer uniqueness of it`s smell is an automatic thumbs up for me! I own upwards of 80 or so frags, including a few niche frags, and this is in the top 5 of my collection. Granted, it`s not perfect, but pretty darn good. The opening of Yuzu and Lavender is non-existent, if it`s there, it`s for a split second. The `real` opening is Cinnamon and Cedar, and White Woods, which resembles Big Red cinnamon bubble gum and is quite pleasing and comical. This lasts for about 30 minutes or so, with a good 5 or 6 sprays. The drydown is Cedar, with just a slight hint of Pure Musk and Amber, but mostly Cedar, being very dry, soft, but projecting very well. This resembles pencil shavings, or I guess what a pencil smells like, but it`s very nice smelling and absolutely unique. Yes, the drydown is simple lacking a lot of depth, but it smells so very lovely, and unlike any other fragrance I think. Sillage is great in the 6 hour range, and longevity is excellent with around 10-12 hours. If you're a Cedar fan, you'll adore Lagerfeld Man... I definitely am, and I do!!
03rd December, 2013
I definitely hate this frag. One hour after I sprayed generously Lagerfeld Man on me, I start to develop a monstruous alergy, exactly when arrived at my office. I almost had to go to a hospital. Instead, I´ve run to the toilet and washed it out completely from all my body parts I´ve sprayed. Immediatelly I felt relieved, but I continued sniffing, because I´ve also sprayed it on my shirt. So, I´d have to rush to a store in order to buy another shirt otherwise I´d had to go home in to change my shirt. This way, if you are prone to alergies, forget this juice.
28th November, 2009

I don’t remember the last time I smelled a starched shirt… but I’m pretty sure that’s not what I’m getting here. I mainly get an unusual cedar that seems quite peppery. Lagerfeld Man opens with a bit of citrus and a tiny bit of lavender, but mostly what I smell is that peppery cedar note that begins as quite a pleasant sensation, but all too quickly mutates to a synthetic skin scent as it ages. As a linear cedar / pepper scent, Lagerfeld Man is quite likeable, and I enjoy it’s masculinity because I find it refreshingly different from the typical designer production of synthetic, generic, unisex fragrances of the past fifteen / twenty years. But there are a few quite recent masculine offerings that are better, more interesting and more complex than this one. The most unfortunate element of this fragrance, though, is its longevity – it doesn’t last near long enough.

07th August, 2009
I like it a lot. Not any kind of groundbreaker or particular exciter, but fairly unique luminous woody spicy scent. A pleasant wear.

Fresh peppery opening develops into a sweet cedar with vanilla incense sticks. Has a bit of that metallic feel to it, too.

Wonderful bottle which however has some unfinished and crude details.

I presume Lagerfeld Man will be soon discontinued because of the lack of success.

Little hidden gem, this.
03rd February, 2009
Nice scent which reminds me of Armani Mania. Their middle and base notes are similar. And they are also similar in terms of longevity and sillage, which are just a bit below average. I like cedar a lot so here a thumb up.
16th November, 2008

Add your review of Lagerfeld Man

Shop for Lagerfeld Man products online

Shop for Lagerfeld Man at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lagerfeld Man

Member images of Lagerfeld Man

There are no member images of Lagerfeld Man yet. Why not be the first?