Lanvin for Men (1979)

HouseLanvin
Parent CompanyInter Parfums
Parent Company at launchMennen > Scannon

About Lanvin for Men

Lanvin for Men is a masculine fragrance by Lanvin. The scent was launched in 1979

Lanvin for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Lanvin for Men

Stardate 20180201:

It has something for everyone - lavendar, aromatics and moss for fougere folks, Labdanum moss citrus for chypre folks and florals for , well, floral folks. And some musk, indole and (maybe) civet with SW for us old school farts.
But it is the blending that makes this very unique. Almost a masculine dirty floral. Very similar to Insense in character.

FBW
01st February, 2018
Incredible stuff, I'm floored. Extremely well blended, the progression from green to floral to mossy leather is masterly, very smooth refined and sophisticated, eminently wearable. Rbaker's review is spot on.
A masterpiece indeed and possibly my favorite scent ever.
01st January, 2018 (last edited: 11th February, 2018)
I love civet to pieces and decided to buy a mini flacon of this blind. I did a few dab samplings at home and liked it quite a bit as there was a very deep woodiness to the scent overall, smelled fantastic. I was completely oblivious to the nuclear strong roses in this when I was dabbing it. I decided to pour it into an atomizer, gave Lanvin for Men a proper wearing and was horrified!

This is an extremely powerful rose perfume that overwhelms everything for the entire time, even worse is that the rose implemented into this mix is a big huge jammy, fruity, somewhat sweet and juicy red rose with a moderately strong indolic and slightly pissy jasmine accord behind it, so the overall feel is absurdly floral in nature, especially for a man to wear. After a few hours the florals tame a 'bit' to reveal a lovely civet note that's fuzzy, moderately animalic, poopy like and warm which is laid onto a base of smoky, dry and woody vetiver with a resiny and deep labdanum, but keep in mind that this is a 100% rose focused composition.

I love roses, just not on me. To be totally honest and as awesome as this smells, I felt like I was wearing a women's perfume the whole entire time, it's that overtly floral. My final verdict is that Lanvin for Men uses high quality ingredients, you can feel them when wearing it but, this is a super strong rose perfume with oodles of sillage and projection for hours and hours that lasts forever and this has a denatured alcohol content of 90% so go figure. I did a heavy application one night at home to feel the far drydown in the morning after sleeping and was literally choking myself out from the overwhelming amount of bright red roses in this. This stuff outlasted 2 whole showers that I could still catch traces of underneath of my other scent that I was wearing the following day, it's that strong, I would say easily 24+ hours on the skin. I will confidently say that Lanvin for Men is a bonafide 'fill the room' with sillage kinda perfume.

Very rare and very difficult to get. You seriously gotta love roses to get down with this, if you do and love civet then you're really going to like this one because it has been assembled incredibly well.

There's a concentrated perfume oil named Jakarta from the United Kingdom perfume house of Abdul Karim al Faransi that's eerily similar in smell and overall feel to Lanvin for Men, albeit a wee bit cleaner. Both of these perfumes could be kissing cousins. If you like this, try that, same monster performance as well.
12th October, 2017 (last edited: 05th February, 2018)
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is classic-phantastic: bergamot, clary sage, a great petitgrain with a bit of citrus - green with a touch of freshness and a whiff of booziness. The drydown veers a bit to the discretely floral, with jasmine, a nice carnation note and a bit of a darker rose added. Green and discretely floral - delightful. The base does not get too heavy; oregano, labdanum and a whiff of a light moss, with a subdued leather lining. This classic composition in it's green-floral-richness with a tilt towards chypre reminds me of a more elegant version of dunhill's Blend 30, and some features are reminiscent of Courreges PH. Blended exceedingly well of top-grade ingredients, with splendid silage and projection. The longevity is absolutely amazing at around thirteen hours. In all aspects a masterpiece by Lanvin for autumn.
11th February, 2014
Best ever

Best fragrance i ever used. Still own some... Lucky me...

31st August, 2013
bhanny Show all reviews
Really nice green chypre. Starts with a nice green and citrus opening. Definitiely an indolic note as well. I get vetiver, oakmoss and leather in the base. Lasts longer than I expected. This is really nice!

Edit: the above us actually a review of Eau de Lanvin for men.
21st January, 2012 (last edited: 10th November, 2012)

Add your review of Lanvin for Men

End Date: Wednesday Jan-30-2019 4:14:30 PST
Buy It Now for only: $289.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Lanvin for Men

There are no member images of Lanvin for Men yet. Why not be the first?