Lapidus pour Homme (1987)
by Ted Lapidus

Lapidus pour Homme information

Year of Launch1987

HouseTed Lapidus
PerfumerJacques Konckier
Parent CompanyBogart Group

About Lapidus pour Homme

Lapidus pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Ted Lapidus. The scent was launched in 1987 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Konckier

Lapidus pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Lapidus pour Homme

Why have I waited 30 years to try this gem? I suppose logistics has a part in this as since I live about 50 miles away from the metropolitan cities that stock Lapidus products. I've also stereotyped this because the bottle is very similar to Balenciaga Pour Homme, of which I'm not a big fan.

Anyways, my first impression is VERY favorable! I'm reminded of red fruit punch Kool-Aid and Yves Saint Laurents Kouros. It's a wonderful mix and quite surprising! The pineapple, honey, rose and sandalwood make for a thoroughly enjoyable scent and on me it's very refreshing!

I'm looking forward to wearing this one much more going forward! At $17.00 USD for a 3.3 oz EDT spray, you really can't lose....
24th January, 2017
An absolute beast. A major league powerhouse scent for sure. And it does it without the heavy notes of most other ph scents. I get rose, honey and pineapple from this, all day long and into day 2 as well. Walk and wave off the first 30 minutes or so with its overbearing and synthetic aspects. At 1 hour its closing in on its true glory and it just keeps getting better from there on out, as it fades ever so slowly into its very best. 1 full spray is plenty, to start with. Don't get button happy and burn out on it, you will miss a great experience.

Incredible bang for the buck as well, as it's quite inexpensive along with being super powerful.
26th October, 2016
Lapidus is wonderful and performance is monstrous! One of the best 80's powerhouse fragrances. So masculine and in your face! I love the dry down and wish they still produced scents like this. Often considered the Aventus of the 1980s - Miami Vice Pour Homme. Simply amazing stuff!
12th August, 2016
This is something that all men would be best to try. Me, I wear it only once in a while. It is so f$%&ing brutal, tenacious and ugly in the first 8 hours, even with one spray. It's almost cartoon.
After 8 hours it has a perfume, so utterly beautiful,it takes my breath away. Blissfully Masculine. Little dabble dooya.
07th February, 2016 (last edited: 09th January, 2017)
Good economical stuff, this is. I've got a stable of what I call 'my blue-collar cudgels' that smell great, last a good long time, make me feel good, are quite masculine, and are a great value at around $5/oz. This is one of those.

Linear fruity/boozy is what I get - pineapple, honey, floral, and patchouli? Sure. I don't overthinking these things.

Sashka Black is pretty much a ringer and Vermeil for Men is similar yet with more of a tobacco feel.

Good, but not in the same class as Kouros, BpH, Ungaro I, etc.

I'm 50+, for reference, and own or have owned bottles of all the scents mentioned above.
04th February, 2016
Lapidus Pour Home, such an amazing fragrance. Instantly one of my all-time favorites. From the opening top notes, I am getting the sweetness of pineapples and honey matched with deep woods and soft leathers. For the first few minutes you get a feeling this is too sweet and cloyingly strong (along the lines of Joop or A*Men). However, after about thirty minutes the middle notes set in and this beautiful tone of warm lavender and berries transform and marry perfectly to dark musk, clean leather and gentle spice. And then it begins. The drydown. This masculine beast should be labeled the cheaper, sweeter version of Kuoros, as it releases all of the above notes with such complexity over an extremely long period of time. This magnificent cologne has incredible projection and outstanding sillage. Longevity is well over twelve hours with just 6-8 sprays on the neck, wrists and shoulders. You will smell this on your clothes and coat the next morning. This is for the serious man, a man of his word that means business. Well dressed, intelligent, professional and mature gentleman. In a world full of generic 'sport', 'aqua', 'black' and other 'hip' mainly synthetic scents that only last a couple hours, this is the real deal and nothing being produced today can match or imitate this cologne. It truly is unique and worth every penny.
23rd December, 2015

Add your review of Lapidus pour Homme

Shop for Lapidus pour Homme products online

Shop for Lapidus pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lapidus pour Homme

Member images of Lapidus pour Homme

There are no member images of Lapidus pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Lapidus pour Homme