Lapidus pour Homme (1987)
by Ted Lapidus

Lapidus pour Homme information

Year of Launch1987

HouseTed Lapidus
PerfumerJacques Konckier
Parent CompanyBogart Group

About Lapidus pour Homme

Lapidus pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Ted Lapidus. The scent was launched in 1987 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Konckier

Lapidus pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Lapidus pour Homme

When I smelled this fragrance recently, for the first time I felt like I had been transported to a park, on a cool fall day, sometime in 1987.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
I opened the package containing Lapidus Pour Homme that I had recently ordered from Amazon. After sniffing the bottle, I immediately loved the scent that emanated from the wonderfully 80s looking bottle. It was really unique. Reminded me of some place I can't quite remember. A distant memory or imagined?
I decided to try it on before I went to bed. I pressed down on the integrated sprayer and a strong PSSSSSHHHHHHHT hit my chest. And oh my goodness...the scent was a beast. This stuff was so strong it was assaulting my olfactory sense with chains and bats. I was foolish enough to put this on as if it were Vick's Vapor Rub. It was a far cry from the initial smooth smell from the box. I quickly took a whiff of my vintage Obsession, of which I normally can't stand, as it's so thick and heavy, and this time Obsession was like actually light, airy and refreshing compared to the nearly suffocating smell I was breathing in. Somehow I managed to fall asleep.
Woke up the next day and couldn't smell a trace on me.

Gave it to my father later that day, and the day after that he was wearing it. That atomic powered cloud wasn't present on him. Instead it was a very pleasing and refined scent. Just like it was when I first smelled from when the bottle was in the box.

SIMILAR TO :
Kouros and Santos de Cartier.

WHO SHOULD WEAR IT:
Gentlemen 40+ who would be considered to have some class. I can't see a young guy wearing this at all.

CONCLUSION:
Either it didn't mix well with my body's chemistry, or, as others have said, it takes a considerable amount of time before the fragrance becomes well-behaved and amazing.
But that said, it's a great smelling fragrance, at an amazingly cheap price. It's a little too mature for me, but I liked it so much I bought another bottle of it for myself.
I think that it may have lost some of it's longevity because even though it goes on like a beast, I couldn't smell it on me in the morning, and even current Drakkar Noir leaves a skin scent on me in the morning.
But yeah, nice unique fragrance.
09th August, 2017 (last edited: 19th August, 2017)
Lapidus pour Homme comes across as a conventional 80s masculine built on a sandalwood-patchouli core, augmented by honey, and embellished with florals (rose) with one key difference: there's a big slap of a fruity pineapple note. The pineapple persists well into the base and only stops being discernible right at the end.

I'm not a fan of fruity sweetness within a traditional classic masculine structure. Hence, Lapidus pour Homme is not for me. Otherwise, it's a decent composition with obvious virility and old school machismo.

Think of it as Aventus, but worn by Joe Pesci in Goodfellas. There you have the complete picture. Now, that would actually be some much-needed redemption for the Creed.

01st July, 2017 (last edited: 02nd July, 2017)
Loud, proud, and definitely old-school.

A time portal back into the days when powerhouse men’s fougere colognes were quite common. Teeming with sweet spice and floral notes, screaming for your attention at the local discotheque!!

Too dated and loud for me.
02nd May, 2017
A very 'different' cologne that no doubt through it's grape-like sweetness mixed with lavender obviously inspired Joop! Homme a few years later.

Lapidus Pour Homme to me smells like a pile of pipe tobacco lightly cased with vanilla.In that pile is some pieces of dry and dusty sandalwood.Sprinkled on that on top of that tobacco/wood pile is a powder of lavender with a heavy grape sweetness(much heavier than Joop! Homme).I remember smelling this a lot in my youth passing through the anchor department stores in the mall or in restaurants with my family.Before the aquatics started creeping in and marketing so heavily in the late 80's/early 90's there was a lot more creativity going on in the fragrance industry and Lapidus Pour Homme was one of them.

So why a neutral rating?
As much as I find the scent of Lapidus to be interesting, it always had an impact of a 'powder bomb'.I would belt out several good sneezes every time I sprayed it on.Until it dried down I felt like my nostrils were coated in a cosmetic powder.I couldn't help but wince and make faces of suffocation like I was trapped in a room with five people applying hairspray all at once.It's pleasant but also very loud.This cologne I'd say proceed with even more caution than Joop! Homme.
30th March, 2017
Zowiee Show all reviews
WOW! It's literally a blast for the opening. STRONG FRAGRANCE. Be careful where you wear it! I love it!
08th March, 2017
Why have I waited 30 years to try this gem? I suppose logistics has a part in this as since I live about 50 miles away from the metropolitan cities that stock Lapidus products. I've also stereotyped this because the bottle is very similar to Balenciaga Pour Homme, of which I'm not a big fan.

Anyways, my first impression is VERY favorable! I'm reminded of red fruit punch Kool-Aid and Yves Saint Laurents Kouros. It's a wonderful mix and quite surprising! The pineapple, honey, rose and sandalwood make for a thoroughly enjoyable scent and on me it's very refreshing!

I'm looking forward to wearing this one much more going forward! At $17.00 USD for a 3.3 oz EDT spray, you really can't lose....
24th January, 2017

Add your review of Lapidus pour Homme

Shop for Lapidus pour Homme products online

Shop for Lapidus pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lapidus pour Homme

Member images of Lapidus pour Homme

There are no member images of Lapidus pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Lapidus pour Homme