Lapidus pour Homme (1987)
by Ted Lapidus

Lapidus pour Homme information

Year of Launch1987

HouseTed Lapidus
PerfumerJacques Konckier
Parent CompanyBogart Group

About Lapidus pour Homme

Lapidus pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Ted Lapidus. The scent was launched in 1987 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Konckier

Lapidus pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Lapidus pour Homme

Loud, proud, and definitely old-school.

A time portal back into the days when powerhouse men’s fougere colognes were quite common. Teeming with sweet spice and floral notes, screaming for your attention at the local discotheque!!

Too dated and loud for me.
02nd May, 2017
A very 'different' cologne that no doubt through it's grape-like sweetness mixed with lavender obviously inspired Joop! Homme a few years later.

Lapidus Pour Homme to me smells like a pile of pipe tobacco lightly cased with vanilla.In that pile is some pieces of dry and dusty sandalwood.Sprinkled on that on top of that tobacco/wood pile is a powder of lavender with a heavy grape sweetness(much heavier than Joop! Homme).I remember smelling this a lot in my youth passing through the anchor department stores in the mall or in restaurants with my family.Before the aquatics started creeping in and marketing so heavily in the late 80's/early 90's there was a lot more creativity going on in the fragrance industry and Lapidus Pour Homme was one of them.

So why a neutral rating?
As much as I find the scent of Lapidus to be interesting, it always had an impact of a 'powder bomb'.I would belt out several good sneezes every time I sprayed it on.Until it dried down I felt like my nostrils were coated in a cosmetic powder.I couldn't help but wince and make faces of suffocation like I was trapped in a room with five people applying hairspray all at once.It's pleasant but also very loud.This cologne I'd say proceed with even more caution than Joop! Homme.
30th March, 2017
Zowiee Show all reviews
WOW! It's literally a blast for the opening. STRONG FRAGRANCE. Be careful where you wear it! I love it!
08th March, 2017
Why have I waited 30 years to try this gem? I suppose logistics has a part in this as since I live about 50 miles away from the metropolitan cities that stock Lapidus products. I've also stereotyped this because the bottle is very similar to Balenciaga Pour Homme, of which I'm not a big fan.

Anyways, my first impression is VERY favorable! I'm reminded of red fruit punch Kool-Aid and Yves Saint Laurents Kouros. It's a wonderful mix and quite surprising! The pineapple, honey, rose and sandalwood make for a thoroughly enjoyable scent and on me it's very refreshing!

I'm looking forward to wearing this one much more going forward! At $17.00 USD for a 3.3 oz EDT spray, you really can't lose....
24th January, 2017
An absolute beast. A major league powerhouse scent for sure. And it does it without the heavy notes of most other ph scents. I get rose, honey and pineapple from this, all day long and into day 2 as well. Walk and wave off the first 30 minutes or so with its overbearing and synthetic aspects. At 1 hour its closing in on its true glory and it just keeps getting better from there on out, as it fades ever so slowly into its very best. 1 full spray is plenty, to start with. Don't get button happy and burn out on it, you will miss a great experience.

Incredible bang for the buck as well, as it's quite inexpensive along with being super powerful.
26th October, 2016
Lapidus is wonderful and performance is monstrous! One of the best 80's powerhouse fragrances. So masculine and in your face! I love the dry down and wish they still produced scents like this. Often considered the Aventus of the 1980s - Miami Vice Pour Homme. Simply amazing stuff!
12th August, 2016

Add your review of Lapidus pour Homme

Shop for Lapidus pour Homme products online

Shop for Lapidus pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lapidus pour Homme

Member images of Lapidus pour Homme

There are no member images of Lapidus pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Lapidus pour Homme