Lapidus pour Homme (1987)
by Ted Lapidus

Lapidus pour Homme information

Year of Launch1987

HouseTed Lapidus
PerfumerJacques Konckier
Parent CompanyBogart Group

About Lapidus pour Homme

Lapidus pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Ted Lapidus. The scent was launched in 1987 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Konckier

Lapidus pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Lapidus pour Homme

Lapidus is wonderful and performance is monstrous! One of the best 80's powerhouse fragrances. So masculine and in your face! I love the dry down and wish they still produced scents like this. Often considered the Aventus of the 1980s - Miami Vice Pour Homme. Simply amazing stuff!
12th August, 2016
This is something that I own. I wear it only once in a while. It is so f$%&ing brutal, tenacious and ugly in the first 8 hours, even with one spray. It's almost cartoon.
After 8 hours it has a perfume, so utterly beautiful,it takes my breath away. Blissfully Masculine. Little dabble dooya.
07th February, 2016
Good economical stuff, this is. I've got a stable of what I call 'my blue-collar cudgels' that smell great, last a good long time, make me feel good, are quite masculine, and are a great value at around $5/oz. This is one of those.

Linear fruity/boozy is what I get - pineapple, honey, floral, and patchouli? Sure. I don't overthinking these things.

Sashka Black is pretty much a ringer and Vermeil for Men is similar yet with more of a tobacco feel.

Good, but not in the same class as Kouros, BpH, Ungaro I, etc.

I'm 50+, for reference, and own or have owned bottles of all the scents mentioned above.
04th February, 2016
Lapidus Pour Home, such an amazing fragrance. Instantly one of my all-time favorites. From the opening top notes, I am getting the sweetness of pineapples and honey matched with deep woods and soft leathers. For the first few minutes you get a feeling this is too sweet and cloyingly strong (along the lines of Joop or A*Men). However, after about thirty minutes the middle notes set in and this beautiful tone of warm lavender and berries transform and marry perfectly to dark musk, clean leather and gentle spice. And then it begins. The drydown. This masculine beast should be labeled the cheaper, sweeter version of Kuoros, as it releases all of the above notes with such complexity over an extremely long period of time. This magnificent cologne has incredible projection and outstanding sillage. Longevity is well over twelve hours with just 6-8 sprays on the neck, wrists and shoulders. You will smell this on your clothes and coat the next morning. This is for the serious man, a man of his word that means business. Well dressed, intelligent, professional and mature gentleman. In a world full of generic 'sport', 'aqua', 'black' and other 'hip' mainly synthetic scents that only last a couple hours, this is the real deal and nothing being produced today can match or imitate this cologne. It truly is unique and worth every penny.
23rd December, 2015
Like a ghastly specter from your darkest nightmare, this 80's powerhouse has returned from the grave seeking vengeance. I thought I had banished it to the blackness of the abyss for good, but nay, it was only for an epoch. This potent elixir was concocted by the devil himself using the most exotic and forbidden of ingredients. I am reaching the end of my strength, as the madness contained within this dark artifact threaten to consume me. I cannot merely throw this adamantine tonic in the rubbish heap, lest some unwary passerby become transfixed by its lightless glow. No, I must find the courage to look into the bloodshot eyes of insanity, and the strength to master it. A wizard with the cunning to master this beast gains an ally of unspeakable power: the ultimate machismo powerhouse with the prowess to seduce even the purest hearted maidens. I don't know how much longer l can withstand the burden of carrying this pheromone upon my mortal vessel, but until my dying breath, I will give warning to those who dare to face the dark aura: Beware Lapidus Pour Homme!
25th November, 2015
I stumbled upon this cheap, yet quality and powerful spice bomb from the eighties by a comment in a thread called: How do you layer?
There was talk there about layering (well, mixing) Aventus with Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford, which was surprisingly nice. Another mixed Aventus with Ted Lapidus Pour Lui, which, according to him was great.
Now: to get to my point: I discovered in this way this gem from the 80's, and noticed it had some notes shared with Aventus.

Aventus fragrance notes:

Heart Notes
Honey, Rose, Jasmine
Base notes
Sandalwood, Patchouli
You see: Pineapple, Rose, Jasmine and Patchouli they have in common.
So I wanted to mix/layer them, and it works out great.
Just apply Lapidus Pour Homme an hour or more before.
Probably on your hair and chest.
Then, after one hour, apply the Aventus on your arms/wrists/neck maybe.
The work together well.
I also tried using this combo:
-Terre d" Hermes kind as a base note on my chest
-TL Pour Homme as a middle note on my hair
-Aventus as a top note on my arms/wrists/neck
Yes, maybe I am crazy, but sometimes one has to try new things, and maybe, maybe by chance one stumbles onto something.
About TL Pour Homme itself:
Very strong flowery presence at first.
Later, after more than an hour, it is more wearable, and smells nice on you.
27th June, 2015

Add your review of Lapidus pour Homme

Shop for Lapidus pour Homme products online

Shop for Lapidus pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lapidus pour Homme

Member images of Lapidus pour Homme

There are no member images of Lapidus pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Lapidus pour Homme