Lauder for Men (1985)

Year of Launch1985

HouseEstée Lauder
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Lauder for Men

Lauder for Men is a masculine fragrance by Estée Lauder. The scent was launched in 1985

Lauder for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Lauder for Men

This review is for the new formulation (Jan 2016). Vintage is amazing... very green, love the vetiver and masculine fougere scent, citrus, fresh and STRONG. The latest version starts out very nice but in 15 to 20 minutes it literally turns into a skin scent. In 1 hour I have to bury my nose into my wrist to get a whiff. Nobody knows I'm wearing even 30 minutes after I apply. This is not worth even $10! Never mind the $60 or more this retails for.

Scent: 7/10 (First 10 minutes)
Longevity: 1/10
Projection: 2/10
Overall: 3/10
17th October, 2016
Awesome scent from the house of Estee Lauder. This wasn't my first scent but I did get this when it came out for Christmas in 1985... Enjoyed it then as a 15 year old and enjoy it now. A top notch scent that to me doesn't smell as dated as some from that era. I would say if you want a cheaper alternative then Trump for Men (that is oddly enough in the same bottle) is a much cheaper version (but the smell is the same to my nose). If you find an actual Lauder in your price range get it you will not regret it in the least. It is a great scent for the spring, summer and fall IMO. I do get a nice citrus burst with some dry woods and a nice sandalwood/vanilla mix. Enjoy!
14th July, 2016
Stardate 20160707: Vintage Verison.

I did not like this the first time I tried. Or the second. Perhaps it is not a cold weather scent.
I tried it again during this hot humid summer and it was love at first (or perhaps third) smell.
This fragrance has me stumped. I hate galbanum and carnation but I love Lauder.
Perhaps it is the rose.
There is a prominent funky note (not the musk) in there that gives it character and depth. Perhaps a combination of some notes.

It is something Indian Jones or Rick Blaine would wear during their adventures in the exotic (and hot) east.

You should try it once. It won't disappoint. Just don't do it in winter/fall.

07th July, 2016
2015 Vintage.
This is the Big Daddy. Vintage is probably better and who cares.
It rocks! Period.
Big Daddy to what?
Well for one, take a sniff of Baruti's Milkmaid. The Baruti tells the same story with Contemporary digital ice blue headlights vs analogue warm yellow of the Lauder.
While the Baruti candies the picture, the Lauder's badass Private Collection bitter rules.
I like owning both and Lauder is King!! Badass rules probably cause I'm an old guy and losing the high notes.

19th June, 2016
Vintage Lauder for Men is a neutral for me, and thumbs down crossed my mind. There is always going to be a risk when getting carried away with the note list: any one can throw it off. I can only guess which it was for me.
26th April, 2016
Salutation.

A great fresh herbal fragrance with a nice woodsy dry down.Lauder For Men has an incredible freshness of herbs that are combined with a breath of fresh flowers and fine wood.Sophisticated,Crisp,Masculine, Classic,Gentlemanlike,Attractive,Aromatic and Timeless.

The scent is extremely present and lasting without being overly strong.in fact great warmer base notes makes this fragrance of choice for a mature man. perfect for Formal use as well as the Intimate occasion.it is not for a youngster,it is for a mysterious man just like me!pure class in a bottle.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

10th November, 2015

Add your review of Lauder for Men

Shop for Lauder for Men products online

Shop for Lauder for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lauder for Men

Member images of Lauder for Men

There are no member images of Lauder for Men yet. Why not be the first?