Number 3 / Le 3ème Homme / The Third Man (1985)
by Caron

Number 3 / Le 3ème Homme / The Third Man information

Year of Launch1985

HouseCaron
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyAles Group
Parent Company at launchA.H. Robins

About Number 3 / Le 3ème Homme / The Third Man

Created in 1985 and inspired by the title of the film directed by Carol Reed, Le 3ème Homme by Caron is a tribute to the elegant man played by Orson Welles.

Number 3 / Le 3ème Homme / The Third Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Number 3 / Le 3ème Homme / The Third Man

A very cleaver masterpiece!!!!
Been meaning th try this for some time and I finally ordered a bottle after rereading the Luca Turin review, and as much as I agree with the outcome of the review it does not do it justice. 3rd man starts off with a sour lemon blast which is very smooth for an opening especially with it being an 80s fragrance, then it turns a touch spicy with the clove coming in, I also detect a bit of dirtiness at this stage but is kept far enough back to not peturb anyone, it's also has a deep creamy sharpness which stays with the evolution of the fragrance up until the sweet spicy Jasmine base comes in. The transition of this perfume is seamless and if you don't sniff yourself every minute you may miss it. At times I do get a whiff of the dry down of vintage Bijan and a mild whiff of pour Monsieur by Chanel it also has a manly coco Chanel vibe but this is only when looking for it. This is not a feminine fragrance imho but it is pretty but in a macho way. The clever bit about this fragrance is that the perfumer has taken an 80's rich decadent oriental and added a touch of masculine barbershop vibe then blitzed it to make it silky smooth, the perfumer has also made a fragrance that at times you want to save for special occasions then at times it feels like a jeans a T scent on a rugged man and for this I applaud the craft gone into this as you can sense when wearing it this fragrance wasn't a creation of putting lots of nice smells together and BAM!!!! this is a scent that has been thought about and designed long before creating it. make no mistake if this was labelled Chanel or Tom Ford it would be 3 times the price but for some reason Caron doesn't get the headlines that it deserves because the quality is right up there with the best.
26th August, 2017 (last edited: 27th August, 2017)
Two Versions

柚子の香りで
思い出す
12th June, 2017
Zowiee Show all reviews
Excellent warm weather scent. I happened to love lavender, so this one excels. Just a well-done fougrere, not too hard, not too soft- just right. Bravo!
22nd April, 2017
Smooth, classic oriental fragrance from Caron!

What can I say that hasn't already been said: The Third Man is a wonderful old-school scent that is full of character; just look at the fragrance note triangle!

Sweet and floral elements meld into a potion that is classy from the very start. Star anise is prominent, as is the amber, vanilla, Tonka and musk in the base that is clearly the foundation for The Third Man.

Not for everyone, the Third Man is along the lines of other old-school classics like Laura Biagiotti's Roma Uomo, Chanel pour Monsieur, or Hugo Boss Baldessarini Concentree: Thick, moderately loud, and definitely sexy. Glad to have this in my collection.
28th February, 2017
Caron's Third Man is an almost unbelievably well-composed and beautiful fougere. The opening is rather intense, with buckets of gorgeous lavender and florals, and a very slight animalic background note. The accord settles into a bright yet sleek, relatively sweet and powdery heart as the tonka and moss of an ulta-smooth fougere base come into focus. The lavender - and this is a lavender note for the ages - sticks around and lends the evolution just the right amount of "bite".

While Third Man is quite sweet throughout its evolution, there's a bright coolness - from what, I don't know - that keeps it from feeling heavy or musty in any way. Excellent quality and a pleasure to wear year round. Outstanding longevity and sillage. Highly recommended.
22nd February, 2017 (last edited: 08th April, 2017)
In my world of all things bright and beautiful, I have been wearing Le 3me Homme since it came out in those gorgeous tall splash bottles back in 1985. It has been my signature scent for thirty-one years, and despite being a scent whore, I always come back to this particular fragrance. Understated elegance perfectly suited for any occasion and always appropriate. Perhaps a touch too perfect, but that's part of its charm. I have yet to find another men's fragrance like this one that balances floral, fougere and aromatic all together. It's really a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. I'm saving a few carefully unopened vintage bottles (loads of rich oakmoss) with explicit instructions in my will that I am to be bathed head-toe in Le 3me Homme de Caron when I "go". They'll smell me for an eternity, but you can't deny me a last request now can you?
28th December, 2016 (last edited: 01st January, 2017)

Add your review of Number 3 / Le 3ème Homme / The Third Man

Shop for Number 3 / Le 3ème Homme / The Third Man products online

Shop for Number 3 / Le 3ème Homme / The Third Man at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Number 3 / Le 3ème Homme / The Third Man

Member images of Number 3 / Le 3ème Homme / The Third Man

There are no member images of Number 3 / Le 3ème Homme / The Third Man yet. Why not be the first?