Lemon Sorbet (1989)
by Etro

Lemon Sorbet information

Year of Launch1989

About Lemon Sorbet

Lemon Sorbet is a shared / unisex perfume by Etro. The scent was launched in 1989

Lemon Sorbet fragrance notes

Reviews of Lemon Sorbet

rbaker Show all reviews
Pleasant summer scent

As expected, quite a fresh start with lemon and vetiver, but a bit subdued overall. The rosemary in the drydown is nice, and I get a somewhat salty note towards the end that is quite pleasant. Poor silage and projection though, but it lasts overall about three hours. Pleasant.

02nd September, 2013
chapeau. A great citrusy/spicy EdT. The opening is a strong lemon bouquet, with a hint of mint. Then you'll discover other mediterranean aromas, like rosemary. It reminds a sunny day at seaside, salty sails after a regatta, freshness of a summer tide. If you want to enjoy it at its best, I do suggest to hold it in a refrigerator and use it when it's still cold. It will emit all its shades slowly, and at the same time you will feel a fantastic and energetic sensation of freshness.
08th September, 2012
An ultra-classic association of hesperides, lavender and vetiver with hints of aromatic herbs (a nice rosemary) and measured  patterns of spices. Averagely sharp (not utterly tart), masculine and conservative this lemony, aqueous and vintage  cologne  is evocative of an "old-school" kind of aristocratic man (in the same vein of Eau Savage, Imprinting, Blenheim Bouquet, 4711, Askett&English Essential and others) with its retro combination of elements. The dry down smells like a slightly spicy (spicy orange), aromatic and soft (may be ambery) combination of bergamot and vetiver. Effectively the lasting power  is mediocre. A dive in the past not without a touch of exoticism and charm.
05th July, 2012
drseid Show all reviews
I am somewhat hesitant to give this one a thumbs up, because similar to Trumper's Extract of West Indian Limes, it just disappears after a minute or two on my skin. That said, it is quite the minute, as the lemon blast you get from Etro's Lemon Sorbet is an incredible natural lemon top note that I just love. Then the scent nearly disappears, leaving only the faintest trace of a mild musky herbal base that stays a skin scent for the duration. I definitely like the scent and award it 3 stars out of 5, but due to the longevity issues I can't recommend a buy... Oh do I so wish I could prolong the top notes on this one...
28th January, 2012 (last edited: 22nd December, 2012)
If you want a great fresh and true lemon scent, go for Art of Shaving's Lemon EdT. While it may be punctuated by some white flowers, it is still a very fresh tart and clean, lemon scent that lasts all day long.

I often lean toward being very forgiving when grading Citrus scents, as Lemon/Lemon Blossom, Neroli, Bergamot, Petitgrain, and Orange Blossom tend to be some of my favorite fragrance notes. I really enjoy most predominantly citrus based scents.

However, Lemon Sorbet was a huge disappointment to me after AoS Lemon and others that successfully captured the freshness and clarity of citrus notes. It may have started out ok,though even the initial lemon top note doesn't have the tartness and sharp pop that I want. From there it was a disaster. Not only did it fail to last more than about 2 minutes on my skin, but it dried down to a kind of rancid, rotten woody smell, which, thankfully, could not be detected unless one put their nose directly on my skin.

Not all.
05th December, 2010
A great disappointment after all of these positive reviews. True lemon scent, yes! But after ten minutes it was undetectable to my nose and to the noses of several other people - I always want to fairly rate a scent with not just my personal reaction. This disappeared more quickly than any other scent I have ever tried. I love Etro's VETIVER, although it too has no longetivity, but at least that lasts a few hours. The LEMON SORBET simply disappears on my skin. Three different applications at different times of day revealed no variance in its evaporation rate, so for me I cannot rate this as a positive experience. I am glad for others that this scent treats their noses and skins well.
04th March, 2009

Add your review of Lemon Sorbet

Shop for Lemon Sorbet products online

Shop for Lemon Sorbet at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lemon Sorbet

Member images of Lemon Sorbet

There are no member images of Lemon Sorbet yet. Why not be the first?