Lime Sec

Lime Sec information

HousePinaud
Parent CompanyAmerican International Beauty Group

About Lime Sec

Lime Sec is a masculine fragrance by Pinaud.

Lime Sec fragrance notes

Reviews of Lime Sec

rbaker Show all reviews
A mist delightfully refreshing blast of lime hits me straight up, a green lime that just hits the spot. Very cool!

The drydown adds a green impression, fresh and undertones if fresh grass and whiffs of a herbal aroma. These gradually fade it over a couple of hours.

I get soft sillage, good projection and three hours of longevity on my skin; but the last two hours are very close to my skin.

A fresh and invigorating summer scent that is simple, which is the idea of a summer Cologne, as is the limited duration of the citrus components. As a summer splash this one fits the bill. 3/5.
30th November, 2019
Very cheap smelling lemon juice that you might like to pour over a pancake and then sprinkle with some sugar.
01st November, 2018
I own both this and the Trufitt and Hill West India Lime, and have to say I prefer the Pinaud.

The scent comes on strong at the outset - I'd liken it to lime zest with a strong hint of lime juice. Dries down to a fresh, clean scent. Lasts substantially longer than the Trufitt & Hill (which smells more like limeade to me, if that makes sense) for 1/10th the price.

After the drydown, the word I get back is "clean" from multiple folks - as in "just out of the shower clean". If asked, my wife and some of my co-workers have identified the lime, but at the outset the general description is of freshly washed skin.

It's gotten enough complements to warrant staying in the rotation. Scent matched with a Pre de Provence Lime Zest soap in the shower and you've got a fresh, citrusy scent that lasts all day.
19th November, 2016
This stuff smells like lime Jolly Ranchers. It's very strong and sweet and I was really disappointed in it. Who wants to smell like lime candy?
15th October, 2015
The first question to ask yourself about Lime Sec is why exactly are you wearing it. Personally, I can't see anyone under 40 being remotely interested in it. This is more of a "long past my clubbing days," "comfortably in a relationship" scent. Or maybe more that you've arrived at a place in life where you really wear fragrance only for yourself. I've heard this compared to toilet bowl cleanser, which though perhaps apt, is unfair. Like many Pinauds, it goes on rather gamey--and can seem to be missing a real lime scent. But (and you must wait a little) it begins to dry-down and...voila!...a terrific masculine lime musk that I think is really one of Pinaud's most long-lasting scents. Could I wear it everyday? Maybe not everyday. But it's one that I find suits me, that has no pretense, and that I truly enjoy. It's an afternoon in the hammock with the ballgame on the radio sort of scent. And the price is always right. Worth a splash.
19th September, 2014
A spicy lime with a musky drydown

What else can you expect for a cologne that costs 7 bucks for a huge 4 oz bottle (although plastic)?

I guess it gets bad reviews because of the price, so people look down on it, but I think the price is the greatest asset of this beauty.

Can't compare with Trumper's or Penhaligon or Truefitt and Hill, that cost 15 times more, but for sure is a much better bang for the buck that either of those.

Starts strongly as limes, but I do not find it too sweet at all, it has some subtle lemon zest undertones that neutralizes the sweetness somewhat. After a few minutes the spiciness comes through, I clearly smell cloves and cinnamon, but there are other spices present too (maybe nutmeg?). The drydown is sweeter than the opening, tonka bean and musk are the dominant notes. Sillage is normal for a cologne and longevity is rather short, although it stays close to the skin for hours.

For the price you pay for this, it is a fantastic fragrance and I feel sorry for the pompous fool that looks down on it because it is so cheap

Pros: Inexpensive, refreshing
Cons: Short longevity"

25th August, 2013

Pinaud Lime Sec Eau de Cologne 12.5 fl oz

End Date: Wednesday Jan-1-2020 0:08:49 PST
Buy It Now for only: $11.95

Member images of Lime Sec

There are no member images of Lime Sec yet. Why not be the first?