Lime, Basil & Mandarin (1991)
by Jo Malone

Lime, Basil & Mandarin information

Year of Launch1991

HouseJo Malone
PerfumerJo Malone
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Lime, Basil & Mandarin

Lime, Basil & Mandarin is a shared / unisex perfume by Jo Malone. The scent was launched in 1991 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jo Malone

Reviews of Lime, Basil & Mandarin

Genre: Citrus

Pretty much run-of-the-mill lime opening, with some sweet herbal notes surfacing after a few minutes' time. The accord that results reminds me of fruit salad. Commonplace I think, and ultimately undistinguished in an already overcrowded field. I'll pass in favor of Heeley's Verveine, Eau de Guerlain or Cologne Bigarage.
19th June, 2014
Perfect for Summer

Citrusy, bright, crisp, green, herbal, clean, refreshing, fresh, effervescent, light, uplifting, natural, cool, zesty, spring-like, breezy. Add some tonic water and a splash of rum and I think I could drink this stuff.

A bright opening of fresh cut lime trailing very closely to fresh cut basil. Then I detect the mandarin and bergamot which round the lime out nicely. The iris brings a slight scratchiness to the mix and the vetiver adds a smidge of a dry weight to it. The vetiver and iris mesh really well dirtying it up a bit which makes it slightly more masculine. I get a drive-by of spiciness from the caraway. Literally, I smell it and it is gone with the wind. But, mostly you get happy lime and basil.

I absolutely love this stuff and I could keep my nose to my arm all day sniffing away, if it only lasted on me all day. And no question that it is totally unisex.

Pros: Happy and refreshing
Cons: lacks longevity"

08th September, 2013
I never wear this one out, but I do enjoy the vibe that I get off it around the house. It is a very uplifting scent and I like the bite of the basil that I get off the top.
24th April, 2013
Should be renamed Basil Basil and Basil on my skin. When i first tried this from a tester bottle in a Jo Malone store, It thought the juice had gone off. It was hard work. It has however over the last year or two grown on me. This is a fragrence I am very fond of now and makes me think. It also bucks my Jo Malone trend in that I am aware of it maybe 12 hours after application. Good stuff!
09th April, 2013
Tony T Show all reviews
the top note of basil is a bit much and was not what i was expecting. then maybe an hour later this became manly and endurable through the cold winter day.6 hours later it is still going very strong and i could see it lasting 10 hours. this is frommy sample!!!the basil is much more subdued and the base note of thyme is kicking in providing a great earthy feel. this is a great comfort scent. will be buying a bottle come spring/summer..
11th February, 2013
A decent bit of lime and mandarin, little basil, nice, very subdued and casting less than an hour on me. Not getting me excited.
20th September, 2012

Add your review of Lime, Basil & Mandarin

Shop for Lime, Basil & Mandarin products online

Search Amazon for Lime, Basil & Mandarin

Member images of Lime, Basil & Mandarin

There are no member images of Lime, Basil & Mandarin yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Lime, Basil & Mandarin