Lime, Basil & Mandarin (1991)
    by Jo Malone

• Launched: 1991
    • Type: Shared / Unisex / Unspecified
    • Availability: In Production
    • Perfumer: Jo Malone
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Reviews of Lime, Basil & Mandarin

Showing 1 to 6 of 38 reviews.

justbeq's avatar
    justbeq

Perfect for Summer

Citrusy, bright, crisp, green, herbal, clean, refreshing, fresh, effervescent, light, uplifting, natural, cool, zesty, spring-like, breezy. Add some tonic water and a splash of rum and I think I could drink this stuff.

A bright opening of fresh cut lime trailing very closely to fresh cut basil. Then I detect the mandarin and bergamot which round the lime out nicely. The iris brings a slight scratchiness to the mix and the vetiver adds a smidge of a dry weight to it. The vetiver and iris mesh really well dirtying it up a bit which makes it slightly more masculine. I get a drive-by of spiciness from the caraway. Literally, I smell it and it is gone with the wind. But, mostly you get happy lime and basil.

I absolutely love this stuff and I could keep my nose to my arm all day sniffing away, if it only lasted on me all day. And no question that it is totally unisex.

Pros: Happy and refreshing
    Cons: lacks longevity"

08 September, 2013

TheNotoriousMAZ's avatar
    TheNotoriousMAZ

I never wear this one out, but I do enjoy the vibe that I get off it around the house. It is a very uplifting scent and I like the bite of the basil that I get off the top.

24 April, 2013

Sticky Threads's avatar
    Sticky Threads

Should be renamed Basil Basil and Basil on my skin. When i first tried this from a tester bottle in a Jo Malone store, It thought the juice had gone off. It was hard work. It has however over the last year or two grown on me. This is a fragrence I am very fond of now and makes me think. It also bucks my Jo Malone trend in that I am aware of it maybe 12 hours after application. Good stuff!

09 April, 2013

Tony T's avatar
    Tony T

the top note of basil is a bit much and was not what i was expecting. then maybe an hour later this became manly and endurable through the cold winter day.6 hours later it is still going very strong and i could see it lasting 10 hours. this is frommy sample!!!the basil is much more subdued and the base note of thyme is kicking in providing a great earthy feel. this is a great comfort scent. will be buying a bottle come spring/summer..

11th February, 2013

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

A decent bit of lime and mandarin, little basil, nice, very subdued and casting less than an hour on me. Not getting me excited.

20th September, 2012

silentrich's avatar
    silentrich

Lime, basil, and mandarin is along the same lines as many other of the higher quality citrus fragrances. There's a candied aspect to the citrus that makes this more of a novelty than an actual fragrance. Another problem with this fragrance is the longevity which is the major issue with many of Jo Malone's fragrances. It's actually better than most of her fragrances, but there are better examples on the market. Enjoyable, but not bottle worthy.

24 July, 2012